New Owner

RS16017

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I just purchased my first Viper, a 1995 RT/10. It came with the 3 piece hardtop and plexiglass side windows. I'm a little confused on the fit of the hardtop. Is it supposed to just sit on the back crossbar? I would think there should be something securing the back of the top but I can't find anything that does. Also, as a new owner what should I watch out for on this car. It's got 30K miles and according to the carfax I ran on it before buying those are original. Runs good, shifts good, would like to keep it for awhile as long as it doesn't give me to much trouble.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WELCOME............. Where are you? Consider VCA membership! 1-800-998-1110 and get 08 and 09 for 12 mos rate: $115. You can SEE MORE on this site as a member. And JOINING THIS SITE DOES NOT MAKE YOU A VCA MEMBER !!

Call JEFF LEMKE (he makes the top) for advice 248 328 2222. MI. Good Guy.
95 is a GOOD Gen 1 year. Darty handling can be fixed with alignment and tire choice.
Gen 1 Vipers WILL lose their head gaskets. Yours MAY have been replaced.
(Call me for a quick way how to tell.)
If you do NOT have new gaskets you will likely NEED THEM by 40k miles. Dan at VSE has a post here on a good GROUP BUY at a great price ACT THIS WEEK A MUST.

If you have OE spark plug wires (grey-black) they are likely FRIED-TOASTED and losing HP that YOU WONT NOTICE. I had one customer "recovered" almost 50 HP on G1 with WIRES-PLUGS !!! He had NO clue he was losing power under load.....

We have MoPar performance wires at $95, MagnaCor lifetime at $159 and AB at $159 and LiveWires at $159. Plugs $20 for 10 with wires! YOU NEED THEM if over 20k miles on em.

BE AWARE OF YOUR COOLANT ISSUES and HOW TO BURP AIR FROM YOUR SYSTEM

All we do is VIPERS...please call.

PS: Sorry, but "No News" on a c.fax is the same thing as NO NEWS. It means nothing. Sorry. The only meaningful news is NEWS. if it says nothing, you learn NOTHING. I have seen many, many, clean c-faxes on wrecks we buy. Some years old. Fact.

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! What color and where are you located?

I just purchased a 95 three weeks ago and love it!

For the hardtop I would ask Jeff since he made the top. The one I bought had the same top and I took some pictures of it on before I attempted to take it off the first time. I cand send you those if you think it will help. On the back there should be pins coming out of the sport bar for it to attach to. If you pull the black pad forward it will expose the pins. Maybe Jeff's site will help too: Interior

And post pics of the new ride!!!!

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Welcome on your Viper!

Be sure and use the search feature for answering your questions on your car.
Like the head gasket one-this thread has nice big pictures of what to look for.
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/603163-wondering-about-headgasket-problem.html

Here is another helpful thread on changing the oil with pictures also:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/617529-changed-oil.html

Where are you from? Pictures please!

You can PM one of the moderators here to upgrade to Viper owner.
They are kcobean, CitySnake, and Lee00blacksilverGTS.

Take your time and read all you can. Happy Vipering.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. There is a world of knowledge here for you to utilize so definitely ask around for information your not sure about. Definitely call Jon for your parts needs, he will almost definitely find what you are looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper