New RT/10 owner in South Florida

red50trimsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just bought my first viper last week. Since I was about 6 years old, I always wanted a viper and its been my favorite car since. My dad told me "you like that? all you gotta do is go to college and you can afford one". So I finished my bachelors degree about a year ago and saved a good amount of money working full time since then. I drove 150 miles to pick up an emerald green 1995 rt/10. As for questions, what kinda mods do new owners start with? I'm not new to fast cars, I've got a 400hp neon but I'm aware that these cars are dangerous as they are easy to lose control of.
Heres a pic.
You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
Gen1 vipers are always gonna benefit from headers and exhaust mods. :2tu:
btw... I have a '94 emerald green w/tan interior - you obviously have excellent taste. :chairfall:

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. As said above, headers and exhaust. Most important in my book is the tires. Buy a good set and take your time and learn your ride.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car! Look into your tires first. If they are old or runflats look into a set of new Pilots and use the opportunity to upgrade to 18"/19" Gen 3/4 wheels. Get an exhaust on it and drive it!

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your first Viper!

Be sure to contact Ivan ** the VCA South Florida President.
Since you are in South Florida look up Doug Levin Motorsports and Sean Roe Racing.

We hope you will consider joining the Viper Club of America for 2012.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car. I really like that color on Gen 1 RT/10s. Awesome. :2tu:

Now - you need to join the club; become a member. It will open up all kinds of other doors providing additional fun for you and your Viper, and will pave new avenues for meeting and developing new friendships with a great group of people - Viper People. All the best.

OP
OP
R

red50trimsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
The first thing that I'm gonna do is put tires on the back. The guy that I bought it from liked to burn rubber so the car wont even be moving much until I get a set of tires on the back. I was thinking about the hoosier DR's since the car wont be driven alot but I'm a little worried about having 2 tread grooves to channel water because of how much it rains here.
I think I'm gonna hold off on the exhaust mods because in a couple years I intend on going with a twin turbo setup. I see that the 708 cam is a popular upgrade as well as roller rockers. The car currently has some kind of a k&n setup (I think its just replacement filters, airbox says mopar on it). The previous owner said it had headers and some kind of chip but I'm not sure (heatshields are still on headers and I'm unsure of how to check the pcm)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, The first thing that I'm gonna do is put tires on the back.

Congrats on getting your degree and your Viper!

You'd be better off replacing all 4 tires at one time. There are many threads on this topic already, and it's worth your time to review them.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats x2 on graduation and viper ownership

Congrats on getting your degree and your Viper!

You'd be better off replacing all 4 tires at one time. There are many threads on this topic already, and it's worth your time to review them.

2 rears only if straight line pulls only (which is a waste of your vipers cornering abilities)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Listen to CEJ , as this will make the car much more enjoyable and without ABS you want good rubber to haul you down. Get a fresh set of 4 and enjoy the machine -- great Club in S. Florida as others have mentioned.