New Shocks, Brakes, Wheels, yeah!

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys! It's been a while since I had anything exciting to post but I just finishing a bunch of work on the car and wanted to share. First off, a big thanks goes out to JonB over at Parts Rack. That guy is a machine! I wanted a big brake kit and new shocks but was having a hard time coming to grips with the cost. I sent Jon a few e-mails, and I don't know how, but he was able to get me these parts at really amazing prices. I couldn't say no, and it's only because of Jon that I was able to pull this off right now. So thank you Parts Rack!!!:2tu:

So you know how these things go sometimes. Initially I was only thinking wheels. Found a used set of HRE P40's in the classifieds. Got em, put em on, and man, they looked great, but my brakes sure didn't, especially the rears, so I e-mailed Jon and he worked a deal for me, so I bought the Stoptech six piston front, four piston rear set. Awesome kit btw. The highest quality brake kit I've ever seen. Even their boxes are super fancy, lol.

So that was done, but the ride height was killing me. Especially since these tires are larger diameter than my old ones, so the car was now riding higher than ever. Bought a set of lowering caps but was worried that they wouldn't lower the car enough for my tastes. I didn't want to have to tear down the car twice if they didn't either, so I decided on some KW's. These beautiful shocks (it's a shame you can't normally see them) have adjustable ride height, plus a nicer ride, plus adjustable firmness, and I'd only have to install them once. Again, Jon came to the rescue and made me a happy camper. I'm hoping they'll do me some favors at the next autocross too!

Finally got to install everything last weekend. The only thing that wasn't finished was the wheels. The gloss black just wasn't doing it for me. They looked too dark for my tastes. A lot of the nice detail in the wheel design was lost in all the blackness. My stripes are a dark gray metallic color, so I prepped the wheels and painted them to match. They came out perfect. Had a little window to take some photos today so that I could share. :)

You must be registered for see images

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SICK SICK SICK! :omg:

SweetRide has an older brother (who has more $$$)!

Not a fan of the time attack pin-stripe, but those P40 Monoblock wheels are the best wheel available for a Viper right now.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You gonna do the hood emblems in graphite and tint the windows? IMHO that would complete the look. Car looks badass!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
**** time!

Nice job... I have always wanted to see some of those on a Gen II GTS.

I Photochopped this before deciding on something with a lip. I like big-lipped wheels on Gen. IIs, but think the later cars can pull off the concave AND lipped wheels.

01_VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang... your car is sooo freaken NICE... Excellent mod and taste you have..
I will eventually get myself a big brake set as soon as money permits. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth