NEW site updates

V

Venomiss

Thank that wonderful site programmer who also did these for the VCA too.
Hint Mr. Euchi?:)

One more thing to add in for new members joining the VCA.

New members can join online here:

http://www.viperclub.org/join

If you are a renewing member the link for that is here:

http://www.viperclub.org/membership/

Note that it is not the same password as you have here on the forums so you will need to generate a different password the first time you use it.
International members still need to go through their local regions to join or renew.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about rotating pictures of members cars taken from the galleries. You have a few on the main page but could expand to more pics.

Bruce

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice! :2tu::yay:

Ummm, stupid question. How do yuo find the forums, regions, etc off the main page now? I did not see anything.

OP
OP
B

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice! :2tu::yay:

Ummm, stupid question. How do yuo find the forums, regions, etc off the main page now? I did not see anything.

Robert, I have the same issue at work(oops) but at home it works fine. Try clearing our your cache and cookies.

Bruce

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
I'd be interested in knowing what OS, browser (to include version), if javascript is enabled, and resolution you're running if you can't see the red menu bar.

I've got one other guy who says he can't see it as well and I can't figure out why.

The new front page content is HTML 5, and validates. I've run the site through a browser tester, and it passed just fine.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hack saw my legs and call me stumpy! :omg:

That bar Chad is pointing out is NOT there at home! :omg:

Just checked here at work. I have the old page. Guess I need to clean out the cash thingy. ;)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in knowing what OS, browser (to include version), if javascript is enabled, and resolution you're running if you can't see the red menu bar.

Well first off, I have no clue what half of what you just asked is! ;)

At home, I run IE 8 (I think), resolution standard, and the rest I need a english translation please.:D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Cleaned out my candy bars, err, I mean cookies. :D

I see it all here at work.

Odd thing. When looking at it at home, the entire blurb about VOI was one word per line on the left hand side so the entire article was spread over the entire page lengthwise. Was one very long home page.

Here it is normal and everything else looks the same. All the pics are the same. Ads are te same.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
That tells me at home you're running an older version of Internet Explorer, and you need to upgrade it.

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all you do, the new first page is cool. I am running Internet Explorer 8 and have the same issues as Mopar Boy. Windows had no update available except beta 9. Another VCA member I checked with has the same issue. My son's computer with Firefox does has the appearance shown as corect in the above string. Must be on my end but not sure what to do.
thanks, b2

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No Sir, it is the same, and there are no "tabs" such as Home, etc.

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Must be gaining, the red band for "Home, join, etc" flashes on and off at the top of the first picture, but it won't react to the mouse. The text is unchanged. b2

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At home now.

Those that are having the issue, can you see this page normally?

Viper Club of America

Nope.

Must be gaining, the red band for "Home, join, etc" flashes on and off at the top of the first picture, but it won't react to the mouse. The text is unchanged. b2

Yup. Same thing.

At the top of the picture? O..... k..... Is the main image rotating to different images?

Yes. Rotating to many different ones.

Some Web sites may not be displayed correctly or work correctly in Internet Explorer 8 or in Internet Explorer 9 Beta

Actually, I just added something to force IE8 to render it as IE8 should. So, let's see how that looks for you.

Would appear mine is IE 7. Guess it is time for an update eh? ;)

Maybe a banner needs to pop up on this site if it detects an older browser. Computer savvy folks like me :rolleyes: would just think it is a landing page only with a few ad links.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
k, I've added some unneeded formatting, which sometimes makes IE happy... take a look, and let me know.

bbirch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great work, picture is rotating, tab menu in the proper place and working. U R amazing........thanks much b2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets