Reaction score
Newest supplier added to the performance parts page:

Grant's Performance
3409 Airport Dr Unit B
Torrance,Ca 90505
Office 310-891-3822
Fax 310-891-3044
E-mail [email protected]
Custom Fabricated Twin turbo units for the Dodge viper Complete turbo prepared engines Fuel management units & Ignition systems Air & H2o Intercoolers 321 seamless turbo headers w/CNC machined flanges Dyno Jet tuning for turbo upgrade packages. On location Machine shop, welding, fabrication and engine department.
By Appointment Only

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jay:

How long have these guys worked on Vipers? Have you seen or heard anything about their work? It's nice to see a tuner on the west coast.

Thanks for your feedback.

------

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just chatted with them on the phone, and they have been doing custom turbo stuff for about 25 years, all there technology is from 993 Porsches. Heads are o-ringed, Carillo rods, forged crank, custom fabbed intake plenum and exhaust, fuel management system is done on a per car basis on their dynojet to make sure it is right.....
They have done three 1000 hp Vipers, one may be at SEMA (with a motor that has been running for 24 months, and is only showing a .3% leakdown at each cylinder)....... sounds interesting and promising.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given Jay's description, I'll bet cost is north of $60,000 and power should be at least 600 rwhp, with the potential to make 800+ rwhp reliably. But too rich for my blood, I could have a spare Viper for that.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been talking to Wes at Grant Performance and he seems to know quite a bit about turbocharging and engine building. He markets his services to very high end customers (many of whom are outside the US). He is local to me, so I'll try to drop in on him soon and give you all some feedback. He says that he is getting 1,000 to rear wheels without spray (WOW).

Let me know if you have any specific questions that I can find answers to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper