new viper hot wheels car

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure the headlights are angled right on the Hot Wheels pic based on these spy pics.. They don't look like a 350z's headlights in these pics anyways

Those aren't the new head lights in those spy pics. They are the old ones I believe with body panels over them and what not to make them look different. Look at the inside of them same as gen3-4

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those aren't the new head lights in those spy pics. They are the old ones I believe with body panels over them and what not to make them look different. Look at the inside of them same as gen3-4

I zoomed in to the point of them pixelating and see what you're saying now.. It might take me a bit to get use to those head lights

Edit: Based on the link Chad posted of the molds those head lights look to be very close.

Last edited:

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, those are the new lenses, at least on the mules. If you want Gen IV lights, buy a gen IV. If you already have one, don't sell it.

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the hood vents on the side more closely resembled the vents from the Ford GT?

You must be registered for see images attach

They kind of look like the new Ram hood scoops to me-another reason this car being the Gen. V makes sense to me!

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the hood vents on the side more closely resembled the vents from the Ford GT?

They kind of look like the new Ram hood scoops to me-another reason this car being the Gen. V makes sense to me!

This should clear that issue up lol

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-srt-viper-hood-and-front-end-molds/full/#photo-4838891

Last edited:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll reserve final judgement until the actual car is revealed.

That said, I do not like what I see so far.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While all my Vipers are just diecast in all sizes..... I don't like this picture either.

BUT.

I don't believe it is the actual 2013 car.
It could be a Hotwheels Concept

The headlights will not look like the 350Z, look at this camouflaged mule.
You must be registered for see images

Then the teaser pic.... these headlights are the real thing.
You must be registered for see images

Just looking at Hotwheels concepts. Take a look at the Lotus M250.

And the Hotwheels car.

But maybe it's just whishfull thinking.....
We'll see.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole thing is probably intentional to keep the Innernet a buzz with chatter...release is getting close now.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole thing is probably intentional to keep the Innernet a buzz with chatter...release is getting close now.

No because in 1983, Hot Wheels 'accidently' released the next Gen Vette. Chrysler removed all the photos on the driveSRT page and made two comments how they won't talk about it.

--RS

--RS

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No because in 1983, Hot Wheels 'accidently' released the next Gen Vette. Chrysler removed all the photos on the driveSRT page and made two comments how they won't talk about it.

--RS

--RS

I've been thinking its all done by SRT as well. All part of the illusion.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Viper GTS/R where did you read that? Both the DriveSRT facebook page as DriveSRT.com still show the teaser picture(s).

The teasers are still up, the stuff we've seen from Hot Wheels is all gone.

DriveSRT had this to say,

"While we appreciate the passion and excitement leading up to the reveal of the SRT Viper, our policy is to pull any speculative images or spy photos posted here. We don't usually use form responses, but that's the practice for speculative images about the next Viper from now on.'

--RS

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok..... but it's still out there everywhere.

It went Viral. There is no way to take it off the internet. To say SRT wanted the hotwheels car to happen IMO is crazy. (I might believe the hood is a misdirection to take the spotlight off the hotwheels car.)

We live in an age of the internet where are no more secrets. The Lamborghini Aventador, the new Corvette, etc., etc., where all seen before the début. When companies make a supercar they pass information and pics to magazines, model companies and more. And it is only a matter of time before someone accidently shows the supercar (Like we have in this instance) or someone in the know lets the cat out of the bag. There are just to many people in the loop to keep a secret.

This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Funny that SRT would tease and torture us with the facebook releases - yet they did not like the same treatment when the internet paparazzi did it to them :omg:

The teasers are still up, the stuff we've seen from Hot Wheels is all gone.

DriveSRT had this to say,

"While we appreciate the passion and excitement leading up to the reveal of the SRT Viper, our policy is to pull any speculative images or spy photos posted here. We don't usually use form responses, but that's the practice for speculative images about the next Viper from now on.'

--RS

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a freshened up GTS... Even appears to have the clam shell hood. Wow:omg: A 650-700hp brand new modern GTS... They're gonna sell some cars.:2tu:

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, the Hot Wheels Viper is exactly that, the Hot Wheels model of the new Viper.

When Hot Wheels scales a car down to Hot Wheels size a lot of things happen. Materials require thickness of parts that is not a scale down of the "real thing". Example, the front splitter on the model. Scale down causes a LOT of details to disappear. Cut lines, creases and radiuses are good examples. Other things are represented way too big because they are necesary identifiers - example, the hood scoops. It goes on and on.

So, IMO, Hot Wheels did let the Viper out of the bag, so to speak, BUT it is a Hot Wheels characterization NOT an exact scale model. Nor are many of the details faithfully reproduced. :2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is intentional by dodge. No doubt in my mind. What are you really seeing here...a out of focus zero detail little toy?

This is just about buzz...

All we know at this point is it appears to be a modern day gts with a srt interior and srt style side pipe...

I prefer the srt over the gts styling so Im not crazy about what I see so far. But to many here this is what theve been dreaming about...

A revised gts will not be worth 130k to me but ill wait for the real thing to comment more

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is intentional by dodge. No doubt in my mind. What are you really seeing here...a out of focus zero detail little toy?

This is just about buzz...

All we know at this point is it appears to be a modern day gts with a srt interior and srt style side pipe...

I prefer the srt over the gts styling so Im not crazy about what I see so far. But to many here this is what theve been dreaming about...

A revised gts will not be worth 130k to me but ill wait for the real thing to comment more

Why wouldn’t SRT put it on their facebook if it was intentional? They want the Likes. They are more than willing to barter for them. Why would they put it on a Brazilian hotwheels enthusiast website? It just doesn’t make sense. It is so obvious that it is not some conspiracy. Again The Lamborghini Aventador, the new Corvette, etc., etc., where all seen before the début. When companies make a supercar they pass information and pics to magazines, model companies and more. And it is only a matter of time before someone accidently shows the supercar (Like we have in this instance) or someone in the know lets the cat out of the bag. There are just to many people in the loop to keep a secret.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge has been simply genious about this. I mean one day a close up body part then one day a hood and then another day a toy?

If there hadnt been a string of leaks thus far then id agree with you but this toy just happens around the same time as the hood ect?

Showing a fuzzt lil toy is actually brilliant marketing. It keeps people wishing and wondering while at the same time not discourageing people from attending the reveal.

Realistically that toy is showing us maybe 35% of what the car will look like. The timings far too perfect

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yup,

i hope this isnt the real deal.. I am not feeling the front.

I can see the "teaser" duct that was released...click on the image to get a bigger pic and its right in back of the passenger side window. Someone will photoshop this pic to clean it up. The only thing that does not make sense is the wheels are turned. Since when do Hot Wheels have steering? Parts of the front and headlights look 370Zish:rolleyes: I hope this isn't the real deal. The front is pretty chunky...unlike a **** girl lying on the beach LOL!

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that is even near what the new Viper will look like, then the anticipation for me is over and I can stop feverishly reading these new Viper posts and new spy shot posts. To me that is one big miss. I don't like it at all. I was hoping that Ferarri would have had a positive influence, but it certainly does not look like it. Next disappointment to be had for me will be the performance. If it does not trump the new Ford GT500 it might as well stay a concept for life. The only redemption for me would be crazy HP and performance numbers. I'm a big viper fan and am happy that I pulled the trigger on my Gen III and glad that I didn't keep adding to my piggy bank in anticipation of the Gen V. I doubt I'll eat my words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper