New Viper owner!! It's going to be a good Christmas

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by flatblack, Dec 10, 2011.

1. flatblack

flatblack Viper Owner

After dreaming of driving and owning a Viper for the past 17 years, I finally had the priviledge of buying a 2000 model RT10. It has a custom flat black paint job with gloss-black wheels on it. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!!

I work out of state, and I take delivery on the car on Dec. 27th, and this time couldn't go by any slower!!

I just joined the VCA as well, and am anxious to get into the fun and action of owning such an awesome car. Work schedule permitting, Im eager to go to any GTG's that will be going on anytime soon. I hope to learn a lot about these great cars thru these forums, and look forward to making a lot of good friends as well!

Thanks,
    Brad

1.jpg

2. Texas1

Texas1 Viper Owner

Congrat's & welcome aboard...black is the fastest!!!

3. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Enthusiast

Welcome to the VCA. You're going to take some heat from the viper purists about the color...don't sweat it...a lot of them are old guys that don't like change :D. I like flat black on a viper. If I ever get the itch to paint mine, it would be gloss black with flat black stripes. Have fun driving it and make sure the front wheels are facing the direction you want to go when you stomp on the gas pedal.

4. HyperViper

HyperViper Viper Owner

Congratulations on your new Viper! Is it December 27th yet?

5. flatblack

flatblack Viper Owner

Not sure if I should do this, but after seeing the flat black ACR-X in Dallas owned by the Raugh's (sp?), I was thinking of adding gloss black racing stripes down the center of the car. I think that would look good combined with the gloss black wheels. Still not for sure, but I fell in love with that combo.

6. Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz Enthusiast

Congratulations and welcome to the VCA and the Viper world.

7. LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood Enthusiast

It's going to be your car. You could have the stripes done in vinyl (or whatever the current product is)...that way if you don't like it, they can be easily removed...and if you love them, you can have it painted.

8. Lespauldude

Lespauldude Viper Owner

Only 16 more days!!!!! Those 16 days will be the longest days of your life. You have to post some pictures when you take delivery of that beauty! Best of luck to you and welcome aboard!

9. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Viper Owner

what he said. vinyl to ee if you can live it and like it, then paint them on

10. garyw1

garyw1 Viper Owner

Congrats again, nice looking Viper. Welcome to the VCA, theres a world of knowledge here. December 27th that will seem like eternity lol.

11. flatblack

flatblack Viper Owner

Haven't thought of that, but good idea. I'll deffinately look into that really soon.

12. DrTaco

DrTaco Viper Owner

Congrats on the car and welcome to the club

13. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Congrats on the car! Man the next week and a bit will seem long after waiting that many years!

Welcome to the club!

14. VIPER PIT

VIPER PIT Viper Owner

Yeah do the stripes. I have seen them the other way gloss car with flat stripes. Very understated and very cool. You could even do stripes in that black pearl color like on the challenger paint. It has some metallic which would really be cool!

15. JustinB

JustinB Viper Owner

Congrat's on the purchase! Welcome to the madness!

16. Voodoo Rob

Voodoo Rob Viper Owner

Semi gloss black or semi/muted silver stripes with a muted silver pin stripe on the wheels. Different is good, nice choice on the car.

17. sliverstripeacr

sliverstripeacr Viper Owner

You'll love it, congrats

18. Bobby DMX

Bobby DMX Viper Owner

I know the feeling! Unfortunately mine is in the garage for the winter. I keep going out there daily just to look at it. I too wanted one for years and began my Viper Fund 10 yrs ago. Can't wait till Spring!

Congratulations!!

19. flatblack

flatblack Viper Owner

Thanks for the Congrats from everyone!!! Ok.... 9 days to go! The wait is killing me. Thankfully my job keeps me busy almost all day every day, but I can't wait to get home.

I will be taking a bunch of pics of the delivery, and hopefully the weather will be nice enough as well. End of December in LA is really a 50/50 chance of having awesome 70 degree weather, or 30 degree weather. It better be nice and sunny for me!

20. ZYellow01RT

ZYellow01RT Viper Owner

Welcome! And try to resist the temptation to buy any extras for it until you actually get it into your garage.

And check the condition of those tires before anything else...

21. TP_ GTS

TP_ GTS Viper Owner

Welcome & Congratulations!

I can't believe I will be the first to say this on your THREAD with 19 replies :wow:

CHECK THE TIRES! :D

Seriously... If they are the original..replace them as soon as you can. If not... proceed with caution until you do. The SNAKE WILL break on you in a heart beat with any kind of spirited driving :) If they are old...they are HARD and in the cold..."forgetaboutit"

Change them to some fresh skins and your driving experience, confidence will elevate BIG TIME.

:drive:

22. TP_ GTS

TP_ GTS Viper Owner

:rolaugh:

Ahhhhh.... he beat me to it! hahaha

23. ZYellow01RT

ZYellow01RT Viper Owner

It's a good contest to have on our forum! :2tu:

24. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Viper Owner

Even better if the advice is followed! :)

25. Venomiss

Venomiss Guest

Welcome!

Thank you for joining the Viper Club of America.
    Your region has some great cruises and events so be sure to pay attention to the schedule from Tim Zimmerman in 2012.
    Other VCA regions sometimes have events happening if you are traveling so be sure to check for details.

If you have questions or need help be sure to email [email protected] or call 1-800-677-4321.

26. Bird325

Bird325 Viper Owner

Welcome to the VCA and a whole new world with your Viper. Definitely, check the tires and if they're old, be VERY careful. Also, check with whoever is going to apply your stripes and make sure that they will stick well to the textured surface. If not, don't go with the most expensive stripes. Just get some on there to see how you feel about them and plan on painting them on before long.

27. flatblack

flatblack Viper Owner

Hey Mike, thanks for the tips on that. Venomiss, I do plan on attending any event that I am in town for, and I'm hoping my wok schdule doesn't conflict with anything planned for 2012.

Well folks, the days has come for me to finally recieve my Viper!!! But.... Some bad news. Appearently the transport truck broke down at the dealership over the weekend, and now my car won't show up until Thursday. Pretty frustrating, but I'm still being patient about it. Thursday can't come soon enough!

28. garyw1

garyw1 Viper Owner

No worries flatblack , It took almost a month to get mine and boy was I frustrated. but when that day gets here and your standing in the back of that truck and you see your beauty sitting there, well need I say anymore? Have fun be safe

29. V10 PWRD

V10 PWRD Viper Owner

30. aviatorone

aviatorone Viper Owner

I concur...