New Viper Owner Middle Tennessee

mackb67

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have joined the Viper Nation, or is it the Viper Pit?? My recent purchase is a 1992 Rt10 which unfortunately has to share garage space with a 1976 and a 1984 Brand X but it does have a 1928 Dodge Victory Six to keep it company. Wanted something a little different and after deciding that I was a poor fit in a Cobra clone the Viper was the logical source for that 'you won't see one coming at you' car. And besides being great fun it just might be a good investment.

Attachments

• Right Side B.jpg
    Right Side B.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 60

1st Strike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! looks like a fantastic shape Gen 1. Enjoy it this summer, but remember to respect the raw low end torque of the snake.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to meet ASAP. I went for a cruise today and saw another Viper I didn't recognize just outside of Dunlap coming up Signal Mtn on my way back to Middle Tennessee. Send me a PM is you'd like to hear more about our AL/TN group.

Congrats on the car - Joel

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congratulations
My 94 RT/10 is one of my favorite toys but be careful and make sure the tires aren't old. That is what gets a lot of new owners
Have fun and drive that baby

moparnav

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! That old Dodge Brothers vehicle must also be a lot of fun!

OP
OP
M

mackb67

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know how many of the first year do remain after all these years, considering that there were only 235 made for domestic consumption. Of course one also has to remember that they are not going to make any more first year Vipers. I am still being respectful, but so far it has not scared me. But at 400 horse it has about 50 more ponies but probably less torque than my diesel Ram 2500. I do have a sneaking feeling that the cats might be on the clogged side, even with 23.000 miles.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....If it doesn't seem the least bit unsafe, the cats may be partially restricted.
Even though the early cars don't have much power by today's standards, they were the originators of the Viper's bad reputation for being crazy, uncontrollable, monster cars.
I would personally not drive an earlier car with an 'I got it' attitude. -and I am nuts.

Hope you get it sorted out.

OP
OP
M

mackb67

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Columbia, TN.....I definitely need to do something with the exhaust, it definitely does not match the car.

Viper Club HQ

Viper Club of America Business Office
VCA Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on the Viper!

We hope you will consider joining the VCA AL/TN region for 2013.
For any questions email [email protected] or call 1-800-677-4321.

VCA members who join or renew with the VCA before August 9th are eligible to purchase the 2013 Viper raffle tickets.
https://www.viperclub.org/raffle/