New Viper Owner!!

AV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First post... Thank you all at VCA! From all your advice, opinions, do's and dont's, that helped me pick my new pride and joy. I'll be picking up my 2001 red RT/10 with just over 4000 miles on it on April 2nd in Roanoke Illinois. Can't wait! Will post pics soon, ahh cheeks hurt from smiling too much.:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the party!
Take it easy, get to know the car and enjoy for a long time.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weclome to the funny farm and congrats on the first post!

Yes, be sure to post some pics even if the car is red. :D

What section of the country are you from?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. Please make sure you take the time to learn how to drive your car. We have too many statistics that we hear about and want to make sure you stay safe.

Bruce

OP
OP
A

AV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here they pics from yesterday, picking up my car! Dad's not a Mopar fan so he had to bring me in his toy.... But when he got up close to it in person, he even smiled and said I made a good choice. Well anyway it was a fun and interesting drive home with him, all eyes on both of us the whole way home. Dang I made the right choice. Post some more soon, off to read the manual and stare a little more at my pride and joy.:D

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you have been reading from other's here! Take it easy for a while once you get your new pride and joy. I know the feeling as i haven't been an owner all that long. I did have a couple scary moments but fortunately got through them fine. The torque will amaze! Good luck and congrats on the Viper. You will enjoy.Welcome!

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car! Congrats on the purchase. I know how you feel, i just picked up mine a week ago. The smile hasn't left my face yet!

01rt10outlaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats, I got one too !!
mine turns a year on the 28th
still think...oh fu#@ there"s a viper in my garage !!
enjoy and be safe
:headbang:

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Viper...looks great! I also am in the market for a Viper and I am presently negotiating with Roanoke. How was it dealing with them? Who did you deal with?

Thanks for the support!

PS: Do not mention to your dada that my Cobra is gone...being replaced by a Viper!

OP
OP
A

AV8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony, good luck on your shopping. As for Roanoke, I can't say enough good things about this place. I gave them a visit, armed with a folder of questions, "my internet research" and John Gastman pretty much taught me Viper 101. I would be very suprised to find anyone else who knows more about Vipers than John. He was a pleasure to deal with, reasonable, no pressure. Gna pick up my car again tomarrow, just got 3M'd. Tell John, Steve with the 01 RT sent ya. Cheers!

Tonym6071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again for your support! You are right...John is great! Hopefully we can make a deal real soon!

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the club!!

I picked mine up from John at Roanoke as well and couldn't be more pleased with the treatment I received from that dealership.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the Club!!!!
Your car looks great! Nice find.

Great color choice RED, you'll notice when someone buys a
Red Viper it makes the Yellow Owners bleed a little. (drip drip)

drip............

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive it cautiously, until you are aclimated to it. Vipers have an abundance of torque and tend to exceed the expectations of their owners when compaired to other high-end sports cars. Roll the power on rather than punching it. Get used to stares, looks and comments from strangers.
When I pull up to the gas station in my ZR-1, I might get one guy to walk over and say "nice Vette". I say it's a ZR-1, and he says "whats that?".
When I go to the gas station in my Viper, I hear people yelling at their wife from accross the parking lot "Honey, bring the camera, I've got to get a photoooooo".
You've got a real attention getter now!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude