New Viper with headers and 3" cat back exhaust

OP
OP
V

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are you going to buy your vette?

I've had a few, might get one for daily. But not selling my 510 TT GTS to get a new Viper, those things are parked!
It's a shame, because I really like the car and I think it looks Awesome!!, just not "Superman" any more like the 96 GTS was.

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar is totally separate from Dodge/Chrysler ANY Mopar part can void coverage and no Mopar part comes with any kind of warranty. Sorry

not trying to start anything, but i called a authrozied Mopar parts dealer in san diego to ask about adding mopar performance parts to my viper an the service writer told me that no mopar part comes with a warranty (i was specially asking about the mopar headers and PCM) but if installed at the authorized dealer (his dealership) it would not void any part of the warranty. I'm not close to pulling the trigger on any mods i'm just trying to gather as much info as possible.

Reaction score
Here is the exact wording from the performance catalogue:

NO PARTS WARRANTY - "AS IS"
Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fi t for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the exact wording from the performance catalogue:

NO PARTS WARRANTY - "AS IS"
Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fi t for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty

thanks for the information

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy result--dodge needs new attorneys.

For example, if the Mopar part is defective (e.g., non-functioning when installed or broken by the Dealer during the install), then the Dealer or Dodge should pay all parts and labor required to fix the matter. The Federal Warranty Act (Magnusson-Moss?) covers any issues related to failures/damages caused by performance or other parties--e.g., if you increase the drive train power by 200hp and snap a drive shaft, then the fix is on you, but if your window regulator fails, your warranty covers its.

Reaction score
" if you increase the drive train power by 200hp and snap a drive shaft, then the fix is on you, but if your window regulator fails, your warranty covers its."

This is true, it is only in a salvage car situation that I have ever heard of a warranty being totally voided.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To note, the dealer can't "void" the warranty either, that is a function of the brand. I'd also hope that those who can afford a Viper could afford to fight back against a brand that would "void" a warranty based on a claim that had nothing to do with the performance upgrade.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck with the tt

I've had a few, might get one for daily. But not selling my 510 TT GTS to get a new Viper, those things are parked!
It's a shame, because I really like the car and I think it looks Awesome!!, just not "Superman" any more like the 96 GTS was.