New Zaino stuff

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought the new Zaino "Z-CS" Clear Seal in order to see if it made any difference on my GTS. Being wary of "new" stuff like this is usually my demeanor but I was a bit surprised after using my PC on the nose and using the Clear Seal as the final step. I plan on doing a "before and after" picture the next time I do another panel.....maybe this weekend if my GF doesn't have too many other projects for me!!!!

The only thing I noticed was that on the bottle it says to let the wax cure for 12 hours before applying the Clear Seal. When I did that I ended up with a "crinkled" finish. It was fixed by detail spray and a mf towel. My guess is that the time wax takes to cure is affected by the temperature ( it had been in the 40's). So I did the trunk of my 90 Miata when it got back up into the 70's, let the wax cure for 48 hours, applied the Clear Seal, and OMG it looked like new paint.

:cool:
IMG_0004.jpg

I just realized there is a new sub forum for this kinda stuff.........my bad.......hope a mod will move it. If the Clear Seal only lasts a week it will be the last $29.95 Zaino ever see from me. Thank God for Turtle Wax. :)

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks good for now. but in a week after using it, it wont look as good.

id NEVER use ZAINO products again !

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the new Clear Seal is an awesome product and really works well. I have found that it is just as durable as his other polishes (Z2p and Z5p). I do my cars and they look good for months, not weeks like they used to when I used carnuaba based products. I have also found that if you go over the CS with some Z8 after it dries it will make your finish even deeper and wetter than if you just used CS alone. I have found the magic formula for my dark cars that cannot be beat by anything to be Z5p/CS/Z8. The other nice thing about CS is it can be used over other products like wax and it will improve their looks and durability which it sounds like you are doing. :cool: :2tu:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep...I too was skeptical...but Clear Seal is a welcome addition to my car care arsenal.

I also use a CR Spotless system, so after a vehicle dries, I spend the time I would have spent drying to put on some Clear Seal...or Z8...or both. My sealant lasts much longer and my vehicles look better than they ever have.