Newbie...................w/ pics thou

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody.found the site thru google and registered.i have been watching vipers on ebay and autotrader for about 2 weeks now.and i will have to say the blue w/ white stipes are my favs. im hoping to be purchasing a viper in the next 6 months.it will be my first.i have had 5 corvettes before this thou,including the one i just sold (2006 C6).this will be my first viper,and by the prices they are going for,I think i will be looking for a 1997-2000 GTS.i love the way the coupes look.

i have a couple of race cars also.they are both 1988 notchback mustangs

the black one has a 331ci stroker motor and a T-78GTS turbo. and the orange one is a 393ci stroker motor with a N.O.S fogger system.

here are some pics of the current rides
You must be registered for see images attach

and last the current Daily Driver
2007 Charger Daytona w/ a zex nitrous kit :2tu:

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also the turbo in the 2nd pic is the old t-66 turbo....here is a pic of the new one.

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i would need a PhD. to change the oil on that engine. nice cars.

heh,i built that motor by hand right there in the garage.puts down 525rwhp on 9 psi 722rwhp at 15 psi and i have not turned it all the way up to 20 psi yet.so those # still remained to be seen.

V

Venomiss

Welcome! :drive:

Here is a site you might find helpful in your search for a Viper if you haven't seen it already.
From your area. See if anyone if the club has one for sale-gets you the history of the car and ability to meet the owner.
Saves on shipping also.

Viper Club of America - Gateway Region

Also consider buying from the classifieds here on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Newbie, you obviously know alot about cars, by looking at your photos. Just do your research first. Something like 25% of all Vipers have been wrecked to some extent, dont get stuck with a damaged Viper. Now's the time to buy prices are soft. You might want to consider 2001+ they have anti-lock brakes and are still reasonably priced. Look for one where some modifications have already been completed, the pricing will be betting than doing it yourself, good luck and welcome to Viper Nation:drive:

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! :drive:

Here is a site you might find helpful in your search for a Viper if you haven't seen it already.
From your area. See if anyone if the club has one for sale-gets you the history of the car and ability to meet the owner.
Saves on shipping also.

Viper Club of America - Gateway Region

Also consider buying from the classifieds here on this site.

thx for the help. and yes i have already scoured the classifieds here..but im atleast 3-4 months from buying one.

does anybody know the loan value of a 98-99 viper? with between 20-30 miles on it. i have doen no research on this yet.

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newbie, you obviously know alot about cars, by looking at your photos. Just do your research first. Something like 25% of all Vipers have been wrecked to some extent, dont get stuck with a damaged Viper.

i have noticed ALOT of the vipers on ebay are rebuilt or salvaged titles.i was going to ask about it....i guess its people not being able to handle it???

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dont buy a "salvaged" title car once they're wrecked, they're never the same

You guessed it, a little thing called a ton or torque. Just take it easy when you first buy one, make sure the wheels are pointed staight when you step on the gas, LOL. I slid through an intersection sideways the 1st day I had mine, fortunately I didnt hit anything. There's a performance driving school called "Viper Days" which is fantastic, helps you learn how to drive and handle the car, usually on a great road track. Good luck finding a car, and join your local Viper club once you do. They'll have some good activities and lots of other Viper "nuts"

My avatar photo is from the Viper Days Driving school @ Sebring racetrack

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. Be sure to get in touch with our regional club. They are a great group of people. There's actually an Ozarks cruise this weekend. I'm in St. Charles County myself. PM me with any questions. You won't be disappointed with any Viper.

Matt

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my car from a nearby VCA member
I found him on here in the classifieds
its nice to know that it was someone that was involved it the club and not just an owner

before you decide on a year, do some research on the differences in he Generations (1-3) and even model years
if you are planning on some moderate to heavy mods, the early gen2 has forged pistons and can take a little more abuse
later gen2 has more features and updates, and slightly more stock HP

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

I just purchased my first Viper about 2 weeks ago and love it! You will not regret the decision at all.

Also, if you're looking, try bjmotors.biz, Bernie is great to work with and will help you find the perfect Viper for you. Made my experience very easy and fun.

Good luck!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome.....get input from a Viper owner before your purchase.....the Gateway Region Club is a good source, and most anyone in the club would be willing to help in some way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62