Nick Giggey car update

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here is a close to the last update on the Nick Giggey Coupe build, thanks to all those who donated to this cause

Here are some pics that show the latest progress leading up to Nick's picking up the car in the next few days

HEre is a view of the rear with the coupe weather strip and carpet added

Side sills getting black trim painted

A view of the engine bay after a newer throttle body installed (old one looked like crap) a K&N installed, a fresh oil and filter change, new seals on the PS pump lines to Viton vs rubber, and a few replacement fuses to get the blower motor working

Changed out the fasteners on the battery hatch for quick access (nut-serts)

Engine bay complete

License plate on, painted the bottom of the bumper black, ready to install aero

Doors adjusted, front bumper on, hood on,

Passenger fender on, gas cap on,

Front view, one fender

Driver side fender on

Car at the paint shop waiting for Stone white stripes and some final panel shimming and a complete buff

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I have been assembling this car non stop since last thursday, once the rain stopped. There are so many little this and thats to do on these cars that it can really eat up your time. I will be glad to finally have my garage back!

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to pick her up tomorrow! I'm in San Fransico today eating time excited beyond comprehension! You have no idea how grateful I am of steve and the VCA for their contributions and hard work! I will be sure to pay this forward!!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a meet after you get your ride? I'm in the east bay. Anyone else interested?

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think having a meet when I pick it up is an excellent idea! Either Friday or Saturday because I might not head back to Colorado until Sunday now.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, would I be right in thinking the rear trunk lid is open in those last 3 pics? The gaps look huge?

Yes, you are correct, the decklid is open as the bottom latch is not on yet,

the body shop is remounting the rear hatch glass as when it was initially removed to paint the hatch properly the glass guy mounted the glass too far forward so when I mounted the hatch it would not move forward enough in relation to the roof. And unfortunately since I had to lift this in place and adjust I had to find out the hard way. so it is now being corrected and then I can move the hatch forward so it will close properly, I can then adjust the hinges and the latch and the shims and get the gaps to where they need to be.

It is all part of putting a viper together, it all takes time and effort.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think having a meet when I pick it up is an excellent idea! Either Friday or Saturday because I might not head back to Colorado until Sunday now.

Friday would work out great. My sat might be a bit more difficult. Shoot me a txt with your info and lets go from there. 925-818-5749

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday would work out great. My sat might be a bit more difficult. Shoot me a txt with your info and lets go from there. 925-818-5749

Nick's car is at the painter all day today, it will have another 8-12 hours of labor done to it to add all the extra trim and do final adjustments so a Friday is not going to happen, the car will most likely be ready late Saturday or sometime Sunday.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, the decklid is open as the bottom latch is not on yet,

the body shop is remounting the rear hatch glass as when it was initially removed to paint the hatch properly the glass guy mounted the glass too far forward so when I mounted the hatch it would not move forward enough in relation to the roof. And unfortunately since I had to lift this in place and adjust I had to find out the hard way. so it is now being corrected and then I can move the hatch forward so it will close properly, I can then adjust the hinges and the latch and the shims and get the gaps to where they need to be.

It is all part of putting a viper together, it all takes time and effort.
Thought as much, thanks for the update, feel sorry for you having to do the extra work but the car looks great, well done :2tu:

I bet Nick can't wait! :drive:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some further pics of the car, getting taped off and painted with its stripes and getting the front windshield frame painted to match like the coupes have

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth