Nitrogen Filled Tires!

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my tires filled with Nitrogen and I really feel a difference. Is all in my head? Any other comments Pros or Cons?

Scott :usa:

04 SRT-10 Red
03 BMW 530i
66 Mustang Convertible

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of difference could you possibly feel? I run Nitrogen in the tires of my race car but the only differnce there ever was is that the tire pressure didn't increase the 8-10 lbs they usually did with just air after a race. I felt no other differences. Got to be in your head. Kind of like how people think their car runs better after they wash and detail it :)

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an exellent mod. Nitrogen, simply has no moisture in it. This has much to do with the air pressure gain you get from heat build up. When I'd go drag racing my tires would change 4-5 psi as they heated up. I have a smart tire system and you can watch them change. Weather is also a factor in psi change. 1lb per 10 degrees usually. I hate it when my air pressure is all over the place. Nitrogen will not do this. I think it may also help keep the tire temp more stable, as moist air may create more heat.

Nitrogen is cheap, safe, and simple to use in the tires. By a small air tank to keep around for topping them off once in a while.

All race cars use this, and seems like I heard the Lexus rodster comes fac. filled with nitrogen.

Skip White

ps, redsled's correct about there being no difference if feel, unless you've been adding air to the tires that's loaded with moisture.

ps, hey my car doe's run better after a good wash.
;)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW - You will still have a change in air pressure, just not as significant. Whereas regular air saw increases of 6-8 pounds during normal highway driving, I am noticing 2-3 with Nitrogen. Measure tire pressure in the morning, and take a 10 minute drive on the highway - you'll see... 2-3 pound increase. At least I did...

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought it up at the round-table discussion with the plant people at VOI-8 and I don't think they were too impressed by the request, airlines have used it for years for the pressure differences...I think that since the tires and rims are premounted at plant arrival they could ask the supplier to make them Nitrogen filled and make it better for the tires running at a more consistent temperature !! Also eliminates moisture in the tire.... Just my $.02....