Nitto invo in Wet Weather

SeaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these tires in the rain and wet weather?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they work decent in my opinion,big prints let water move otta the way,only thing that is not good is the sides of the tire tread dont have good grooves going all the way to the sidewall. so not excellnt but ok

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are OK when new, but slippery as heck when worn.

Got caught in a substantial rain coming back from Utah VOI, and thought I was navigating using stick and rudder.

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they worked good for me in the rain. i think on nittos web site it says that the weird zig zag tread on the out side was specially designed to handle in wet weather

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with the other posters. With over 5000 miles on mine, I have had no problems. Of course, I am VERY careful in the rain. They have been very good. They may not be the best you can buy but they are excellent value for the money.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wet performance (in rain that is hard enough to maintain standing water) is all about hydroplain resistance. This is directly related to tread depth. Any of our street tire options (PS1, PS2, PSS, NT05, INVO, KDW, KumhoXS) will perform better in rain at full tread depth than the next tire at 50%

With wet roads(from damp to a light rain) the overall performance is more related to the tire compound. A PS2 shaved to 25% could possibly perform better than an INVO or KDW at 100% in this situation. I dont know for sure though. Just wanted to comment on the diff between the two diff rain/wet roads situations.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving back from VA Beach up to Delaware in the rain last summer. INVO's at around 30%. The rain ws alternating from light to hard. When it was light i was cruising at 65. As soon as it started raining harder i had to slow to 50 to prevent hydroplaning. Back and forth, back and forth. It was an exciting trip...:drive:

OP
OP
S

SeaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did about 20 miles in driving rain today and it was dancing around. We have real bad highway pavement where there are deep troughs in each tire path that collect water. So you try to drive off center to avoid constant hydroplaning. But when you gotta cross the troughs diagonally when changing lanes ... yikes it gets tricking keeping it straight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth