Nitto Invo vs. Kumho XS

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read through a few threads on the XS, and most all of them seem to compare this tire to the PS2/PSC/V700. I will be in the market for a set of tires on the Viper, and was hoping someone could help guide my decision on what to put on my 08 Coupe (Kumho XS $1264 or Nitto Invo's $1286).

Just recently, my brother switched to the Invo's on his M3 vs. his OEM Pilot Sport ZP's, and the ride is much smoother, and traction is much better. A friend switched to the Invo's on his 550whp+ Z06, and he loves how it handles compared to the EMT's (yes, anything is better than the EMT's).

Now I average about 12,000 to 13,000 miles a year, and do drive the car in rain, 30F weather (no snow or ice), and use the car for a lot of straight line WOT acceleration and sudden lane changes (daily driver, battling traffic every day :)). I will probably never race the car on a track, but might go with the local Viper club for some "parade laps". Do you think the Nitto Invo is a better tire to handle all these issues? The 260 treadwear rating is also appealing, as I would love to not have to buy new tires every year, but we'll see how that works out :lmao:

Thanks in advance for all your advice :2tu:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the XS's, but it sounds like you would prefer the Nittos. For those prices you can't go wrong and if you have to replace them in a year maybe try the others then.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Nitto's on my '05, they just plain ol' ****!:nono: I have the Kumhos on my '08 currently, they're very good tires for the $. Kumho's need a good amount of heat to minimize the understeer, and even then the turn in is not as crisp as I would like it but hey, good for the money!