NJ / NY-CT AUTOCROSS EVENT!!!

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just got back from the bar we all went to after having our butts kicked :buttkick: by NEW YORK,OUCH. :bonker:

Congratulations to NY/CT VCA for winning the first annual Venom Cup! You guys really showed us up big time, you took the top 6 honors :eek: .

Tom Hayden.....You Dah Man! :2tu:

Thanks to all for comming to this event and making it a total success, next year we will have a spring time AutoX finishing up with the Venom Cup in the fall.

A special Thank you to Tom Roeller who did one hell of a job with this event! Thank you buddy for putting in the time, although we lost, your planning and organizing really made NJ VCA shine :2tu:

Thanks to our sponsors, Warnock Dodge and Buhler. We greatly appreciate your support. I urge all our members to shop at either of these two dealers.+

New Jersey Guys........Start practicing :shocked:

New York Guys.........See yah next year! :D

Bobby

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to thank both clubs for making this event the success it was. Believe it or not I am looking forward to making next year even bigger and better, and I have already started taking notes as to what we can do. NJ will be publishing our first yearly publication and will be completed before December for all to enjoy. This will be my contributing editorial for the Venom Cup, and I think it sums it all up.

The Venom Cup was to be the proving ground of the best drivers, the fastest cars and the biggest mouths. With names like *** Black, ACR Steve, D, F355 and City Snake and the vanity plates they adorned, made them easy targets for the smack we liked to post on the national site. This event was not like any other leisurely cruise to a lunch buffet, oh no. It was a day of champions, a day of recognition and a year of bragging rights.

With the commonality of owning one of the best cars on the road, both clubs wanted an event that would unite us. Bring us together, and form a bond, a bigger family of Viper Brothers. That day was to come!

The challenge was posted on the national site 3 months prior to the event and what seems to be the longest running post ever. The plan was intimidation with words of ridicule, mockery and wisdom followed by total annihilation on the track. The Jersey Boyz were confident. And why not, we have the infamous Fitzwell Racing Team, and guys like Steve Mazza, from Mazza Sand and Gravel.

October 27, 2006 was the start of the first Annual NJ / NY Region Venom Cup. The place Giants Stadium parking lot, Meadowlands, NJ. The day started as a cold fall morning. The first few cars started rolling into the dark dimly lit parking lot at 6:45 AM, and by the time the drivers meeting started we had 48 adrenaline filled drivers. If you had a meter to measure testosterone, it would have gone off the charts. We had a fast course thanks to AUTOX4U and by 10:00 AM the smell of burning rubber, and worn brakes filled the air. The morning practice sessions were the test to see who was going to set the benchmark for fastest time. We knew Tom Hayden was going to be fast, but when he came flying through the gate in that faded green RT/10 time killing machine with a 41.5 second time, we had our hands full.

At best we needed to place in the top five, with hopes of making it a close challenge. There were plenty of spin-outs, missed cones and off-course runs from both sides to make this event interesting. The afternoon timed session seemed to drag on forever. With 44 seconds being our best average time, we had to step up and put our money where our mouth was or our efforts of winning the cup were lost. The New York crew was kicking butt and they knew it. I remember Steve “ACR” Katz asking me if I was worried yet, and I calmly replied “It’s not over yet”. As the NY crew steadily had times of 41-42 seconds, I knew the end was near.

If you think all this proved was what region has the best drivers, you could not be more wrong. It brought together a great bunch of guys who share the same passion for a car, who know how to win graciously, loose with dignity and more importantly having a great time together doing it. Congratulations NY, you guys made it all worthwhile. Take care of that cup, it’s ours next year.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith Quotes
Steve, don't forget the "special" stuff!! :eek:

NJ guys I think we got them..."special Stuff." ;) It must have done something to there cars! I here the top drivers used this "special stuff" liberally! :D

Tom Roeller, what a great job organizing this event. It went so smoothly and was so much fun. :headbang:
Thanks to the SCCA guys for a safe event. The instructors were great, it was cool to see them drive the track too.

Great fun was had by all! These are 2 great clubs and I look forward to a bunch more combined events.

I can't load photos to my media gallery on this site. Please go to www.davemoore.smugmug.com and look under VCA Events to find pictures for the day.
Congratulations to NY
Looking forward to a spring Auto X :nana:
Now where do I find 3.8 sec :confused:
Dave Moore

haha! Nice to see you again Dave

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again to Tom R.

Since it'll go down in hissstory, I want it to be known that we can "lose" with dignity, but I didn't see anyone "loose" with their dignity!!

Faded green - I like that!

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ok, time to fess up.

First and foremost, A GREAT EVENT!!! GREAT COMRADARIE, GREAT FUN, AND ALL SNAKES RETURNED HOME SAFE AND INTACT. WITH ONE MINOR RESERVATION REGARDING THE RESULT, YOU CAN'T ASK FOR MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!

Thanks to Tom Roeller and all the crew that put this event together. We started with an idea of how to bring our neighboring regions together and the result was fantastic. Our SCCA brothers laid out a great course, ran a well organized schedule and really made the day a lot of fun for all.

Special Thanks to our Dealer sponsors, Warnock Dodge and Buhler Dodge. Without these true friends of the Viper Nation, we could never put on the successful events that we do. You guys are the greatest!!!

Now the hard part. Did somebody try to say "gracious winners"? Who? Where? (Only kidding, because if NJ won it would have been much worse, I promise).
To the individual winners, great job. Your autocross performance is a credit to the Viper Nation. Besides, the months of smack were well worth it.

Note to Tom Roeller, your plan to clean out the NJ Club's left over event trophys was masterful. Wait a few months and we will let them know what really happened.

Seriously, one thing is for sure. We have created an event that will bring our regions together in fun filled and safe competition, hopefully for many years to come. We can even entertain inviting other Eastern US regions if the New York bullies aren't afraid (See I still have some fight left).

By the way, where were all you NY winners after the event? I had my wallet open for the free beer, but I was told you had to get home to watch Dancing with the Stars. Well, I won't be a heel and say the offer expired. Anytime you guys want to collect I'll still buy. Adrian, your "winner's smack" is fully justified. But I caution you, ever heard of "rope a dope"? Word is that Vegas may enter the game next year with some odds and favorites. Just wait until you see NJ's new member list for the next event. Just a little hint, Ray Everham is from NJ..........................

Great time, See all you guys soon.

Bob Carroll aka the Panther,

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to post its been one hell of a weekend, 3 great days of driving starting fri.Just want to first say NJ you guys plan one hell of an event.Everyone had a smile on there face all day long.Tom,Bobby,Bob and all of the NJ crew I consider you guys part of my Viper family (its just to bad you live in NJ :) ) Thanks for you great hospitality I only hope we can do it more often. :2tu: :2tu:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys were not just going to let this thred die as I recall there was a lot of smack being talk goin on so in that spirit just had to pure a little salt in the wound :bonker:

Russ

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, if we had as many attendees as we did at an AX, how many are even mildly interested in a Viper Days event in the northeast?

See the recent/frequent posts about the 2007 schedule in the other forums and voice your opinion.

Of course you NJ guys might be understandably quiet since the NY/CT guys will be there, too.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
years ago vd came to the glen with the pca..mucho carnage...problem was and is getting a weekend date at a track. Best bet would be to pair with another club or follow nj's thunderbolt progress and book in early for future events.

morgan