Nj Pocono Track Day

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
POCONO RACEWAY
THURSDAY, AUGUST 14, 2008

The Viper Club of America, New Jersey Region, would like to invite all Viper and other specialty/performance cars to our event at Pocono International Raceway. Let your engine breathe the mountain fresh summer air of the Pocono Mountains while negotiating the challenging turns of the infield course, and then letting it all hang out in the front straight, NASCAR turns 1 & 2, and then launching down the Long Pond Straight. Test and tune your machine while enjoying a fun packed day of performance driving on the main sports car course at Pocono. The day will be split into alternating groups: Green / White (Novice), Blue (Intermediate) and Red (Advanced).

1.] Track Opens at 7:00 am - Drivers Meeting at 8:00 am - Hot Laps start at 8:30 a.m.
2.] This is an open exhaust event.
3.] Mandatory Items: Snell 2000 or 2005 Helmet. No motorcycle helmets! Fire Suit and Fire Extinguisher for Blue and Red run groups.

Please call Tom Roeller, President at (973)-292-9400 with any questions.

Mail Registration Form and Payment to:
New Jersey Viper Club
501 Broadway, Suite 201
Point Pleasant, New Jersey 08742

• $325.00 per driver (includes continental breakfast and lunch) - $375.00 per driver day of event.
• Spectator Fee (breakfast and lunch) - $30.00.

download the form from the following: NJ Viper Club

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question I have that I will post instead of call is about insurance.
I have Hagerty ins. and they will cover my car
right up to the track but not on it. What can you tell me
about ins. on the track ? Did I see somthing posted about
VCA insurance while on the track or would I be on my own?

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance Q&A:
No you are not covered under the VCA or Event insurance for any damages.
Most insurance carriers do not cover track or event insurance.
You can call Anthony & Company Insurance Inc. I believe they have a separate track insurance that will cover what you are looking for. 908-806-8844

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in. I had a blast last year. Question can I run in the Novice group without an instructor? Only reason I ask is I dont plan on tearing the tires off but comfortable enough to drive alone on the track. I would run intermediate but dont have an extinguisher or fire suit.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to get a head count for the track day. Registration forms should be sent in ASAP. Just 14 days away...

Coming so far:

Tom Roeller
ACR Steve
Bobby Cerchione
Nader

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but if we do not get attendance for this event then it may have to be cancelled. We need at least 45 cars to break even, or make it cost effective. The club will lose in the long run. If we cancel the event, we may not be able to get it back next year or the year after. Please don't let this happen. If you plan on attending mail in your registration form or fax to 732-714-8404 so we can get a head count. We will honor the price shown so you will not pay the day of price if you come late.

Thanks
Tom Roeller

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, how many are we short right now? I'll push some of my buddies. Maybe Joe Moore could invite the Ferrari Club???

I would be willing to pay more if we don't get the needed numbers. Not just to keep this great event going, but it would be worth more to have fewer cars on the track. It may be worth asking those who have signed up before pulling the plug...

Ron

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headed out the door now. Hopefully it will be a nice day tomorrow. See you all then.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day today. Weather held out. Lot's of track time. Thanks for everyone coming out. We'll try something new for next year. Stay tuned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs