NJ VCA 9-11 RUN and Lunch

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa: This year the 9-11 run to ground zero will meet at the Quizno's in Secaucus NJ on Meadowlands Parkway at7:30 am and depart to NYC at 8am. We will then proceed to West 34th street between 11th ave and the westside highway(Javits Center)to hook up with anyone comming in from the north and New York. Once we are all gathered we will proceed south to ground zero taking a few parade laps in honor of all those who gave their lives. We will then park at the Kinney lot just north of ground zero to walk around and pay our respects. At 10:30 to 11am we will meet back at the lot to proceed to Hoboken NJ to have a buffet style lunch at Frankie and Johnnies Restaurant. He will have the side street shut down for us to park or we can use the parking garage across the street.

As we get closer I will post more details and keep you all informed

United we stand brother Viper owners! :2tu: :usa:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so great. I lost my friend John there.Worked for Cantor and Fitzgerald. I'll be there

GODBLESS :usa:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got it on our calendar. Andrew2K will set up the NY/CT meeting sites later this summer and make sure to hook up with you all on west 34th street (I guess between 8:30 & 9:00).

:2tu: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here is my problem:

9/11 is my Mother's birthday and she was just firmly diagnosed today with pancreatic cancer, stage 4. We don't know how much time she has, and I want to be down there for the 9/11 festivites. It sure would be cool if I could turn this into a positive thing for her, maybe a charity thing for the disease, but I know that is not what 9/11 is all about. It's about standing up the the dirty, lousy, bas**rd coward, mo**er fu**ers who blew up the WTC. So I guess I might not be going down. I might have to pass my flag mount off to someone else for the day. We'll see.

Andrew

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,
We'll handle whatever your situation causes. Just let me know and we'll pick it up when and if your alternative plans need attention.

Thanks again for all the effort! I know I take advantage...but what else are good folks for? :D

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew,
I'm truly sorry to hear about your Mom. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, and your spirit will be with us! We will make 1 pass for you and your Mom.
Bobby

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9/11 is my Mother's birthday and she was just firmly diagnosed today with pancreatic cancer, stage 4.
Sorry to hear about that. I understand that is one of the worst forms of cancer and stage 4 to boot. My best wishes to you on the tough road ahead. I lost my mom, 58, to stage 4 ****** cancer 2 years ago and know the feeling.

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We will be having a special guest with us this year on the Ground Zero Run. She is VCANJ member, Eileen Cirri, who lost her husband, PAPD Lt. Robert Cirri in the 9/11 attack. Please read the touching letter to Bob Carroll below. We are planning a Fund Raiser for this event. Bring your checkbooks.
Hi Bob:
This is your NJ VCA member, Eileen Cirri. You may remember me w/ r/t 10 2002 Viper. I usually attend Pocono Viper Sunday & your luncheons.

***I am VERY interested in this 9/11 Memorial Run to Ground Zero this year. I never told all of you---but I am a 9/11 WTC widow of Lt. Robert Cirri, Port Authority Police Dept. My husband lost his life responding from Jersey City to the North Tower. His body was recovered in Feb, 2002 documented around a women in a stairchair in the lobby area---75feet underground.

If you may/may not have noticed, on the back of my viper, I have NJ Fallen Officer plates, in addition to the Port Authority Police Memorial decals of 9/11. The Port Authority Police Dept. lost the highest number of officers --ever--out of any Police Dept in USA in that single incident.

This year, I truly wish to honor my deceased husband in a "different" manner. I WANT to ride my Viper through the Holland Tunnel on your run that day. I bought that Viper originally to honor my husband. He always loved the Viper & planned to purchase a Viper when he retired. He was saving for it & had 4 years to retirement. I look forward to hearing about this.

I do have the opportunity to attend the Port Authority Police church mass & reception on that date (at 2pm) , but will "choose" your run if the time conflicts.

Please advise me of your times so I can make arrangements. I'd be happy to help you with any details you need
Sincerely,.
Eileen Cirri, widow PAPD Lt Robert Cirri. :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys don't mind I like to bring my bike to the site. My friend John and I always rode so it would be a great feeling for me to ride through there.

Thanks

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
count me in I was at the site with my boat on that day bringing medical personnel down from Rockland.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England will be riding down for this event. Probably staying somewhere in CT the night before. I don't have a head count yet...

Andrew- very sorry to hear about your mother.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats great!!!!!!

Secaucus NJ,has plenty of Hotels with covered parking. Hilton Garden Inn, Crown Plaza, which is on Meadowlands Parkway where the run begins.
This way you can sleep a little longer, before our great ride!

Bobby :usa: :2tu:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby- I think staying in NJ is a better idea. I am thinking about going by way of the Tappen Z Bridge. Based on that Route and the Rendevous spot for 9/11 I would like your recommendation for a Hotel.

Thanks,-Jeff

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, for only our second year doing this, it sounds like it will be a great one. As last time, the final meeting place before we actually drive downtown shuld be an early meet time. It got very crowded down there very early and we will need to work out a place to park, that is if we even want to park this year. Scott...since you are in that city, it might be easier for you to look into reservations at a lot for our cars. Last time we got real lucky to be able to work out a deal and put the cars in a nearby lot.

I would stay away from the city as far as a place to stay is concerned. If you are going to come over the Tappan Zee Bridge, which way are we going? NY - NJ or NJ - NY ? If from NJ - NY, there are a load of places you can stay, the easiest would be the Marriott on route 119 in Elmsford. They would have the biggest lot for the cars. Even though I am well within driving distance, I might opt to stay there also just for the night before festivities. There is a good bar/lounge in the Marriott and being a Saturday night it should be fun. You will run right into it after you come over the bridge, just get off at 119 and follow that east. But then this would pose a probelm for the run through the Holland Tunnel.

Just for the sake of rough planning, I would say for those coming south from NY, we meet maybe just before the toll on the Henry Hudson Parkway at about 7:30. From there we shoot straight down to the WTC site. It should take about 30-40 minutes dependingh on traffic. That would mean if staying at the Marriott, you would have to leave there about 6:30-7. If this is all to early for everyone, we could just move the times up, but remember it will be that much more crowded once we get down there, especially since we will be traveling with 20-30 cars and making quite a scene.

If we ALL want to come by way of the Holland Tunnel, fine, then it makes most sence to stay in NJ. I'm not familiar with that, so I can't offer any suggestions.

All I know is no matter from where we go, I will have my Flag mount in place and the Flag will be flying proud !

By the way Jeff, thanks for the regards. 9/11 will be her 78th birthday if she lasts that long. I won't be able to join in for any lunch as I need to get up to her house for her birthday, but I am looking forward to the morning.

Andrew

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott...since you are in that city, it might be easier for you to look into reservations at a lot for our cars. Last time we got real lucky to be able to work out a deal and put the cars in a nearby lot.
Good that I caught this. Did you park outdoors or indoors? How far from ground zero? How many spots are you figuring?

I'll check into it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got lucky and struck a deal with a lot nearby and got in. It was out doors.

Why don't you just stop over Mike's house, and ask him to block off some of the streets for us to park.

AC

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to get more info and make plans for this event. Can anyone tell me where the VCA members driving down from New England should stay the night before. I know there are a few Hotels around the Meadowlands Areana, I would like to know if the New Jersey Guys could stop by and meet us on their way into the City.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
Please see the 9-11 update post, I added some hotels for you to choose from in Secaucus. Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Bobby :2tu:

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
See the new post, I listed 3 hotels in Secaucus. The one on Wood Lane is right next to Quiznos where we are leaving from. Please feel free to e-mail me should you have any further questions or need any assistance.
Bobby