NJ VCA Pocono Track Day

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa: NJ VCA Pocono Track Day August 17th :usa:

It's that time of year again! Get your helmets on, your seat belts fasten and your car tuned up....Pocono track days is one of the greatest days you can have with your car. You'll really see what this car is capable of, not to mention yourself. This day is for all levels of driver, from novice to experienced. We will have 10+ instructors available to all levels of driver. I know for a fact that the Fitzwell Racing Team will be in attendance for some questions and photo opportunities!

Let's take the fear out! :crazy:

This is by no means a race. This is a day filled with SAFETY FIRST along with driver education, and FUN. No one is going to win $100,000.00 or a trophy, we want ever car to leave the same way it came to the event, and we've been successful at doing so. Joe Moor who runs our flagging in my opinion is the best around, he is hired by all the clubs, such as Ferarri & Porche, because of his record and experience.

So clickon the link below and get signed up for a day at the track, and a whole lot of fun :2tu: :D

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/8086NJ-VCA-TrackDayform- ]web page

<font color="red"> </font> Warning: Some people of had to see a doctor after the event to have the smiles removed from their faces :D

This event is open to all regions :2tu:

Look forward to seeing you at the track!
Bobby Cerchione

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the registration form.

8086NJ-VCA-TrackDayform-med.jpg

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a buddy who has a Vette and asked if it's possible for him to attend with me as a guest. I haven't been to this event in the past, so I'm not sure if it's exclusively for VCA members/Vipers or if we allow others to attend and run as well. He would of course pay all applicable fees.

Is this allowed?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, He is certainly welcome, we'll wave to him as we go by :D

Bobby

Thanks! He'll be happy to hear that. He's been dieing to get his car out on a track. As to waving as we go by him... he dyno'd 518 rwhp, so beware, lol.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My check was sent today .... Lets go NY/CT members this is a great event at a great track.Our brothers in NJ does a great job,the amount of track time is incredible since its only us out there :)

Stage7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, He is certainly welcome, we'll wave to him as we go by :D

Bobby

LOL...Thanks! I'm looking fwd to it. It will be my first time on a road course.
I'll be focusing on keeping it on the track first and foremost.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure there is plenty of that absorbant stuff they use to clean up spills for when Les gets back on the track.

Hey Les, how's that supercharger doing ? Chuck fix it yet ?

Stage7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely planning on using an instructor.
This is my first powerful car since I sold my Single Turbo Supra in 2003.

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can not descibe the feeling and the amount of adrenolin rushing through your body after you complete your first (of many) twenty minute track sessions. This is what you purchased a Viper for. If you have never been on a track before, don't feel intimadated. We will have enough instructors there to ride with you on the first or second session. You would start in the white (novice) goup. Everyone of us experienced drivers started there.

Viper4rich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie:

Your right: Great feeling when your on the track:

Hope to see everyone there. Cant wait to try out the new coupe if the weather holds out.

Richie

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone getting insurance for this event?

I'm starting to look into it (see thread Single Event Track Damage Insurance).

I already heard from my agent that my policy excludes "racing and time trials" and if I pursue it, the company might "drop me like a hot potato". I'm getting a copy of the policy, but I'd bet the threat to drop me is because this is neither a racing or time trial event and if there are no other exclusions they might have to cover me.

Regradless, I'd like to be certain. So anyone who's going to Pocono - have you ever used any of the companies mention in the above thread? I wonder if any of them would do a "Group Buy" policy for the day. Bobby, about how many Vipers are we going to have there?

Ron

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO insurance. that's why I have a trailer. Been lucky up till now, no need to jinks it. Just be careful and realize you are NOT going to Daytona in Feb.

AC