NJ VCA Pocono Track Day

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stopped at *****'s Sporting Goods and picked up a stop watch, hopefully some other people will bring theirs as well. Looks like good weather this week coming up.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Job Tom! Steve is bringing a couple as well.

The weather is looking great for this event, if you have not signed up yet, it's not too late :2tu:

You can register at the track the day of the event

See yah on the track!
Bobby

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going to be there Wed night. I'll be driving in with my girlfriend,arriving around 9:00 PM. If you want to meet for drinks, or a late dinner let me know.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a note,
I'm getting calls from people to sign up, which is great, but you must fill out a registration form and please fax it over to us by 12pm Wednesday 8/16 to 732-714-8404.
You can then bring your copy of the form with you and a check for $325.00. All registrations recieved after 12pm and day of the event are at the $375.00 rate.

Weather looks great for our day on the track
:2tu:

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last day to sign up. The weather is going to be great! So come on out and play!! Here is the list so far:

As of Tuesday at 7:00 pm
49 Drivers
1 Second Driver
22 Spectators
18 Flaggers
PS......5 Corvettes

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, just want to thank Bobby, Donna, warnock, buhler, all the instructors and anyone else involved for an amazing, well planned, and extremely well orchestrated event. except for the walk to the cafeteria... Thanks again lady and gentlemen, the feeling you get after nailing that infield section is worth every penny. look forward to next year.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Weather. Great Day. Well Run Event as usual. You Jersey Guys are Great group of Guys & Gals! Thanks also to the Track Staff, Instructors, etc. Thanks To Buhler Dodge and Warnock's Dodge for track support.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby, Great Event as usual. Did so much driving I was exhausted by the time I got home and relaxed. Thanks ACR Steve for a refresher course, you are a great instructor! And thanks to all the viper owners who came out in support, it was nice to see so many new faces this time. I hope this momentum keeps going with future events!!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great weather, great day even though I had to leave early. But what ever happened to the timed sessions ???

And Steve, thanks for the tip on going into turn one. Worked out great the last time out and I carried more speed coming out. 160+ on the back straight with spray.

AC

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper friends,
Pocono 2006 set a new record for attendance, over 53 cars, mostly Vipers! Our usual attendance is somewhere around 38 cars, so great job team! I was glad to see so many new faces, and of course glad to see so many old faces.
I know a lot of people are at the doctors today having that big smile removed that they received from pushing their cars,and themselves to new limits. I urge anyone who has not attended a track event before to do so, wether it be our track day, or not, if the opportunity arises jump on it! you won't be sorry.

Special thanks to Donna K, our club administrator. Without Donna, I don't know where we'd be, so I urge all of you to thank her the next time you see her at an event for all the support she gives our club. Remember, Donna doesn't get paid for this job, but with her dedication and tremendous work ethic, you'd never know it.

Thanks to Tommy Roeller, Brian Mazza, Steve Mazza, Dave Moore, Larry "Will Fitzwell" Dole and our brother from across the river Steve Katz. You guys were a great help and we all appreciate your time and effort. Anyone who has not seen Steve drive on a track should really make it a point to do so, the guy is a GOD behind the wheel!

Thanks to Buhler Dodge and Warnock for their support, our dealers go that extra mile for our club, so please show your appreciation by supporting them with your business.

Thanks to Joe Moore and his crew! They are responsible for making us safe, and they did a great job of that once again. See yah next year Joe!

Last but not least, Scotty " The Wrench", our master mechanic. Scott does this for us on his own time, Warnock is kind enough to give him the day off to help us, but he's on his time. Please thank him personally the next time you see him at one of our next events, he's one hell of a guy!

Look for our next event, the 9-11 Respect cruise which will be held on the 10th, unfortunately the 11th is a Monday. I'll be posting info soon on this event. Also, now that you've had some track time and are all revved up, get ready for our first AutoX at the Meadowlands October 27, to see which club will bring home the coveted VENOM CUP! :2tu:

See yah soon!
Bobby :usa:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
****Hats off to NJ*****You guys & gals do one hell of an event. Everyone had a smile on there face all day (even the "Spirit")A day like yesterday can only be pulled of with an incredible amount of leadership and coordination .I just want to ask one question? Where do I send my registration for next year? COUNT ME IN p.s. Bobby we are on the same side of the river :)

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What an event!!! :cool: Man I can't believe how much gas I blew through! Thanks Scotty for getting me off empty! Even the doctors can't touch this grin :D

Thank you to everyone who put it together. Bobby, Tom, Donna, Joe Moore and his crew, the instructors, Scott checking 58 cars... :2tu:

My son had a great time...thanks Steve for giving him a ride. I think he gave a pucker factor of 10! :eek:

My daughter had a good time, she got a ride with me and WOOOOhoooo'd all the way.

My wife thought she would become a widow by the end of the day...sorry to disappoint you honey. ;)

Pictures can be found at www.davemoore.smugmug.com
Click on VCA Events then Pocono Track day. Anyone with the ability to post pics may download them and post some.
Thanks again
Dave :headbang:

Larry Dole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank the entire NJ leadership for there outstanding job at the track. What a Day!

I would also like to thank Steve and Brian Mazza and Bobby for letting me borrowing there cars. With your help and generosity I was able to introduce a few more folks to the excitement of Performance Driving.

What a great day! :smirk:

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huge thank you to the NJ VCA leadership who put this together. You all did a fantastic job. To say this event was fun is not doing it justice. Can't wait til next year, maybe you could organize them monthly :headbang:

Dave, your pics are great.

vipercrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the day was great. getting out there on the track is the best but its the whole experience that makes it special. hanging and shooting the sh.. with everyone between run sessions is really what makes the day. enough cant be said about the group of people that come out for the fun. a speicial thanks goes out for bobby, donna and everyone else that ran the show. dave great pics, im with tom, my votes in for you on being the new club potog.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone have the name and or number or website of the guy who took the pics? I paid for a pic that was supposed to be mailed to me and I never got it. I was one of the first to leave, so I know he should have taken care of it right away.

Thanks,

Andrew