North Dallas, Plano, Frisco -- 4 Wheel Alignment Shops - Recommendations.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't pile-drive me....I did do a search but the responses were all over the place.

Any Dallas Metroplex Viper Owners----Know of a good place to get my Viper's new tires aligned. Big coin for these tires, so next is alignment...

Rather not take to local (Plano Dodge)---as haven't had good experiences there. Think Dallas Dodge is asking around $400 for the alignment when I checked around about 6 months ago......

Heard good things about RUF Automotive in Addison.

Let me know your recommendations........Much appreciated.

Thank you
Greg

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$400 for just an alignment? Gotta be something else involved there, or they are really expensive!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUF, is not cheap but they are probably one of the best around.

And yes, to do a proper 4-wheel alignment it could run around $400. They weight the car and the whole nine yards.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend Ruf too.

They are the only shop that was willing to put -2.5* on my vette for the track... They do a great job and are used to handling high dollar cars. I think I paid $190 for a full four wheel track setup (can't recall exactly).

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to RUF tomorrow morning. Thanks all. $190 was quoted for a full four wheel setup. Cars not tracked, so just want the factory specs/settings.

Beats the stealerships, which both local ones quoted 4 hours ($400).......with a big pause on the phone.

I've heard nothing but good things about RUF. Went with Nitto Invos.........so much better ride than the run-flats (ZPs).....the OEMs were starting to hurt my kidneys when driving the Viper......Ok, time to spend more money and order the mopar air compressor / tire sealant. VPA here I come.

Greg

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update and recommendation.

Great guys and shop at RUF Auto Centre (North Carrolton/Addison)....... They did a great job on my 4-wheel alignment. Tech took it for a short test drive, then spent about 2.5 hours on it including a final test drive......Cost was $180. ONe of the cleanest maintenance bays, shops I've been in. Even if they do work on Porsches:)

Also, some of the sweetest eye-candy in their showroom. A couple of VERY nice Ferraris, Lambos. Apparently, the only RUF facility in the U.S.

Hans (Service Manager) was outstanding. You got to figure when you step in a Porsche shop, it's going to be "Hans" greeting you:) It's obvious they are primarily Porschephiles---and tune race cars---but a great shop. At least now I have a local place I can trust for alignments........BTW---Han indicated he recently did a clutch on a local lady's ACR---go easy on those clutches!!!

greg

boosttoy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious is rear caster adjustable on gen 3 and 4 cars.As i remember my gen 2 car had rear caster adjustments which were not measureable on my hunter lazer alignment machine.If so how could a non viper shop measure and make these adjustments?

Thank,Frank

OP
OP
TexasTorred

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious is rear caster adjustable on gen 3 and 4 cars.As i remember my gen 2 car had rear caster adjustments which were not measureable on my hunter lazer alignment machine.If so how could a non viper shop measure and make these adjustments?

Thank,Frank

Looking at my before/after printout now. I see no 'caster' measurement for the rears. Only Camber and Toe.......Researching, it looks like the Rear caster is measured with a "DRB 3 and inclinometer" --assume only the Dealer has this equipment, what a surprise.........and this is way beyond my technical knowledge......

I can tell you the car handles / rides so much better than with the run-craps gone, Nittos on now and the alignment done.......

Last edited:

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear you had a good experience with them! I would never hesitate to go back there. I think it is wonderful they'll work on anything (within reason).

$400 for an alignment is F'ing crazy... WTH do dealers get off?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21