Norwalk Viper Nats:Results

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAINED OUT before eliminations.
We had two NOS cars and Pauls motor only GTS looking to lay down some 10's.Paul can amazingly lay down 1.4 to 1.5 60fters all day with a virtually stock(purner slicks) all motor car,thanks for the tips.We had a silver 99R/T lay down some easy 12.2's Bone stock.Friday and Saturday morning had wheelstanding action.The Ohio Club had a great spread,huge viper tent and private booth/lunch set up in the VIP tower.The Fastest six time runs got $200.
cool.gif

Guys,post some pics.Good people,good time,thanks.
TOOFAST VIPER RACING TEAM.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
Paul can amazingly lay down 1.4 to 1.5 60fters all day with a virtually stock(purner slicks) all motor car,thanks for the tips.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott...you wanna elaborate on this? Pretty please!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to the Ohio VCA, "Hollywood" Scott Sutker and the rest of the TOOFAST Viper Racing Team for making this a great event, even in spite of the rain.
patriot.gif
Norwalk is a great facility and there is nothing like being surrounded by a bunch of great folks and all those Mopars!

P.S. - Ask Scotty about the Tea House.
eek.gif

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather man screwed us!! Forecast was for great weather on Friday and a "chance" of a late day shower on Sat. Well the chance came early on Saturday and after drying the track once, it hit again. All our program was on Saturday and with the evening coming Norwalk cancelled all activity until Sunday. They had 600 race cars to run Sunday and the rain didn't let up enough to run anything to completion. Ohio VCA decided to divide the purse to competitors to provide some gas money for those making the tow.

Nice to meet TOO Fast and the crew. We had 15 Vipers in tent on Saturday. A wild flip flop painted GTS and some other great sights, eh Too Fast!!

Fast Four ( I'll get the exact names and data soon, got pictures but don't know how to get them up)
Low et was 10.90 from jack's NOS GTS
Pauls at 11.17 on (stock) motor
Too Fast didn't get any passes until Saturday afternoon and didn't get to lay down a good number.
Tony in RT/10 in the low 12s on street tires.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WoW! What a great time!
Pi$s on the weather, but it was a blast none the less.
My first Viper "event" was more than I expected. Great people and great hospitality. Thank you to the Ohio VCA and Paul for hosting such a great event.
Here are a few pics; I have more but haven't had time to upload them (wish the quality/lighting was a little better - I'll work on it)

TOOFAST Racing - race prep:

You must be registered for see images

Gratuitous Plug for my Viper after cleaning off about an inch of grime from driving to Norwalk in a downpour (Special Thanks to Greg/RIOTAC for use of his Zaino Gloss Enhancer!):

The VIPERIZER !!

My First ET!! 13.45 @ 107.5 : bone stock GEN1 (except K&N filters) I was a little disappointed, but definitely not complaining - my very first time EVER with ANY car on a drag strip:

The Group Picture prior to leaving. Thanks to Mackenzie for "organizing" this picture. On behalf of myself and Anheiser-Busch, I apologize for any rude behavior she may have displayed.
laugh.gif

I have so many more great pictures; I really had a blast. Somewhat confused on the directions to Calvin's place on Saturday evening. It seemed we weren't going the right way. I was probably better off going home anyway; between the weather and my "inebriated" girlfriend. It was really great meeting everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again.

P.S. I've spent over an hour working on how to get these pictures posted. I've read all the FAQ's and Search results and there is still seemingly no easy way.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bump up with more pics. . .

RIOTAC's Flip-flop '97 GTS, courtesy of Dupont
(you have to see it in person to appreciate it)

Scott's "secret weapon"

Vipers representing at Norwalk

That's my girl. . .

Vipers in the staging lanes:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For information only - the 10.90 was mine, although, the mph was only 110 (I shut down half way thru fourth). I am looking forward to the Mod II competition in Bowling Green.

The best overall performer was the stock RT10 on pilots turning consistant 1.7 sixties and a flat 12.0.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chic, nice pictures! TOOBAD you didn't get one of the near-tornado that passed through.
dead.gif
We managed to get a few on Scott's camera too. Now the trick will be posting them before he deletes them and it is TOOLATE!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here is the right stuff. Fast Four
Jack Bene #1 Qualifier 10.90 No juice in 4th gear
Paul Suloff #2 11.17 All motor
Scott Sutker #3 11.36 Aborted run
John McKenna #4 12.15 99 RT/10 stock

Car Show
First: Sam Goldfarb
Second: Al Urban
Third: Greg Cheatham
Fourth: Tom Vining

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. This is Paolo's wife, Carrie. I just wanted to say a few things about this past weekend in Norwalk.
--Scott, thanks for everything! You went out of your way for Paolo and I. We really appreciated it. Wish you could have gotten another few runs in on Sunday, but if not, rain baby rain! I had fun hanging out with you and the guys. I had to wash out my ears and mouth before I went back to teaching school today (yeesh)
embarass.gif
! It was fun and a lot of great memories too.
--Also, a Hi to all the Viper owners from Ohio. You guys are a great group!

Again, thanks Hollywood Scott. You da man
wink.gif
. By the way, do you have the same TV channels at home that were on the hotel TV?

Carrie Castellano

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TEA HOUSE,bring your own singles.Carrie,you can kick it with us anytime,even though you didn't show us the pirate dance.
Chic's chic can detail my snake anyday
tongue.gif

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paolo Castellano:
By the way, do you have the same TV channels at home that were on the hotel TV?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding?? Why do you think he likes to go on these trips?
laugh.gif

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you guys found what you were looking for in Norwalk, huh?

. . .and I'm not talking about a racetrack.
wink.gif