Not too sure how I feel about new wheels....thoughts/input?

What would you do?

• Keep the black six spokes....sell the VR1's

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • Keep the VR1's, get new tires.....sell the black six spokes.

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As stated, I'm not too sure how I feel about my new wheel and tire combo. It looks good, but I'm just not sure if it looks good enough to justify getting rid of the nice VR1's that came with the car. What would you do? Keep the 6 spokes...sell the forgelines, Keep the VR1's...sell the 6 spokes, or keep both sets?

Before...
You must be registered for see images

After...

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm different since I can't stand the six spokes. I am not a bog fan of the Forgelines you had either though.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On yellow GenIIs I like the black. Otherwise chrome. If you can afford to keep both, do it. When you get tired of one look, change it.

Ron

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks good either way, but if you wanted my opinion I honestly don't like either sets.. no offense! :) I personally really don't like black or gunmetal wheels at all; however, I will agree they can look good on a car as long as the car has a lot of black on it to match. I noticed you have some black accents with the gas cap and logo's, but to me, I don't think the wheels do your car justice. The original VR1's are alright, I'm not really a fan of those either. I've always been into the 5 spoke wheel designs, but I do like 6 spoke as well as other designs.

I saw these wheels photoshopped on a viper GTS in another thread. I'm at work and can't seem to get the picture to show up though, but that's probably because a lot of stuff is blocked here so it should work for you. It was post #19 by Austin and here is a link to the thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...lking-wheels-blue-white-1997-help-needed.html

I did find this picture on Google though of the same wheels on a SRT. What do you think?

HRE P40's
You must be registered for see images attach

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Polish or add a yellow pinstripe to the rim of the black wheels and add black racing stripes to the car, then your done!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the original VR1's. Not a big fan of black wheels...blend into the tire / wheel well too much. I have seen some that look nice with a trim ring but I would stick with what you had previously.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say keep the VR1's. However you didn't put an option in your poll to keep both sets so I if you have the room keep both for now. Maybe one set for the track and the other to show the car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if coin isn't an issue, keep both and swap out, like having 2 cars

do this at least until they need new tires, as used tires aren't worth much unless almost brand new, then decide

(still kicking myself over your purchase - i can tell you are loving your viper :2tu: )

:drive:

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the black . when i see the photo i think of the ricers using 4 emergency donnut tires. or the black steel rim that has lost its hubcaps. If you want black on that car paint some black stripes!

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had black wheels in just about every car I have owned in the last 10 years. However, I think the 6spokes have to be one of the ugliest wheels out there.

Keep the VR1s...and (yes, I said this... :omg::omg::omg:), leave them silver/polished.

:drive:

OP
OP
CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Your car looks good either way, but if you wanted my opinion I honestly don't like either sets.. no offense! :) I personally really don't like black or gunmetal wheels at all; however, I will agree they can look good on a car as long as the car has a lot of black on it to match. I noticed you have some black accents with the gas cap and logo's, but to me, I don't think the wheels do your car justice. The original VR1's are alright, I'm not really a fan of those either. I've always been into the 5 spoke wheel designs, but I do like 6 spoke as well as other designs.

I saw these wheels photoshopped on a viper GTS in another thread. I'm at work and can't seem to get the picture to show up though, but that's probably because a lot of stuff is blocked here so it should work for you. It was post #19 by Austin and here is a link to the thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...lking-wheels-blue-white-1997-help-needed.html

I did find this picture on Google though of the same wheels on a SRT. What do you think?

HRE P40's
You must be registered for see images attach

Those wheels are gorgeous....that might be the route I take honestly. Sell the six spokes, buy the HRE's, and then sell the VR1's. The shape compliments the GTS styling all too well.

OP
OP
CWhiteRun

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to retract my statement earlier.....the P40's are still gorgeous, but not in a reasonable price range for me. Looks like I'm about to have the VR1's powdercoated silver and throw some new meat on them. The black looked cool for all of an afternoon for me, but it just isn't what I was expecting it to be. I may be stuck wearing them up to the tail of the dragon event so for those attending please be sure to remind me I have some nicer wheels at home. :D

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to have to retract my statement earlier.....the P40's are still gorgeous, but not in a reasonable price range for me. Looks like I'm about to have the VR1's powdercoated silver and throw some new meat on them. The black looked cool for all of an afternoon for me, but it just isn't what I was expecting it to be. I may be stuck wearing them up to the tail of the dragon event so for those attending please be sure to remind me I have some nicer wheels at home. :D

Hey man, I'm glad you liked the wheels in the pic I sent you. Don't rule them out all together though, keep checking the classifieds, used wheels in great condition are sold by members all the time, including several HRE that I've seen in the past. I personally was going to buy HRE, but I switched to iForge considering the looks were similar and I also saved $2,000 buying practically the same styled rims, but in iForge and not HRE. Also, as I've been told several employees from HRE left and work for iForge because of how over priced HRE can be, so technically your getting the same wheels for a lot cheaper. By the way in no way am I personally making an attack towards HRE saying they are overpriced, that is just what I was told from somebody else. :D

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its not an option, but my vote is for Black Stripes:)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the VR1's!! I would definately want to see a photoshop of the HRE's on your car though because they look sweet as hell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62