Now from the front; Viper Red GEN V GTSR (street) with new black stripes!!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it a lot. Makes me more convinced that they are going to include fog lights on the ACR/Track version. Sorry, but I'm just not buying the whole aerodynamics argument (especially because they are on the race car) as an excuse to subtract one of the most distinctive Viper cues...but I've been wrong before. :)

And...glad you included the watermark. I share your pics all the time.

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks incredible. Look at that aggressive front and those...those porportions. If SRT does not make the upcoming ACR look like the GTSR it would be epically sad. An ACR with a mostly functional GTSR body would be an instant legend/classic and would sell out immediately. Not mention what that aero body coupled with 650-700 hp would do to the Nurburgring. It would be nice if it can be optioned with the GTS interior and amenities the way the Gen IV ACR had the option and of course ******** option.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks incredible. Look at that aggressive front and those...those porportions. If SRT does not make the upcoming ACR look like the GTSR it would be epically sad. An ACR with a mostly functional GTSR body would be an instant legend/classic and would sell out immediately. Not mention what that aero body coupled with 650-700 hp would do to the Nurburgring. It would be nice if it can be optioned with the GTS interior and amenities the way the Gen IV ACR had the option and of course ******** option.

This!

I can't thank you enough Austin. I've been begging for this for some time

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be possible for them to shape the rear wing to mimic the double bubble roof while still offering appropriate downforce? Even just a little curvature added to it would be more pleasing to the eye to me. The flat straight rear wing just doesnt flow with the cars curves imho. But Im no aero expert so for all I know a curvy wing like Im describing might be useless outside of looks. They spent so much time everywhere else in function and form it would be nice to see a sculpted wing for the ACR as the levels of downforce may not be as much as the race car. Just a thought.

This car could be SRT's version of the Mclaren F1 LM for the street. Man just the thought of that..............................I remember reading that the F1 LM street version was actually faster than the race car due to it running full power and downforce. Same could happen with the ACR since it would be unfettered by the restrictors/tire size of the ALMS GTSR. I have to stop thinking about this now lol.....

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That front fascia just fixes everything I don't like about the street car. I love it and would do whatever it took to get one with that front fascia.

Looking at that car is the way I felt when I first saw a Viper.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop it, you're killing me ... no, don't stop, I'm so confused. That's one mean mistress.

This stripe with a silver body may be my 'dream girl'.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow they both look great, that black one is straight scary.

Anyway you could put the regular straight stripes on it like the ones on the Forza cover? Curious to see how that will look.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black looks nasty. THIS is exactly why I ******* so much about putting some width on this car. Look at the shape!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick as usual Austin. I would hate to see that black one coming at me in my rear view, at night, on holoween lol. Just sick. Why would they not build this?

I do remember Ralph saying in an interview that the normal Gen V Viper is wide as its allowed [by the feds I guess] any wider an they would have to add special lights or something to that effect. Only reason I can see them not doing this. But then again the Lambo Mercs/Aventadors are wider than the Viper and I dont see any weird lights added because of their width as Ralph intimated in an interview.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick as usual Austin. I would hate to see that black one coming at me in my rear view, at night, on holoween lol. Just sick. Why would they not build this?

I do remember Ralph saying in an interview that the normal Gen V Viper is wide as its allowed [by the feds I guess] any wider an they would have to add special lights or something to that effect. Only reason I can see them not doing this. But then again the Lambo Mercs/Aventadors are wider than the Viper and I dont see any weird lights added because of their width as Ralph intimated in an interview.

Yea, Ralph was clearly stating this to an interviewer & me at the show, that the street version is as wide as they were allowed to legally make it without marker lights needed. This is a new production design and it may be that from now forward this is a req't on car designs, vs those designs that are a few yrs old. But he was clear on it though. Interesting.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, Ralph was clearly stating this to an interviewer & me at the show, that the street version is as wide as they were allowed to legally make it without marker lights needed. This is a new production design and it may be that from now forward this is a req't on car designs, vs those designs that are a few yrs old. But he was clear on it though. Interesting.

I think this is BS. Probably a result of so many people complaining about it on the forum. I saw the video and heard him say it, but there's more to the story. The new Ferrari Enzo replacement is coming out at the end of this year...and you can count on it being at least 78 or 79 inches wide. More than likely it will be over 80". The aventador is a brand new design and is somewhere near 80". The list goes on and on.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is BS. Probably a result of so many people complaining about it on the forum. I saw the video and heard him say it, but there's more to the story. The new Ferrari Enzo replacement is coming out at the end of this year...and you can count on it being at least 78 or 79 inches wide. More than likely it will be over 80". The aventador is a brand new design and is somewhere near 80". The list goes on and on.

I agree there are several new cars out there with more width than the new Viper.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the width issue in the same class as the fog light issue and the direct injection issue. I'm not quite buying it. I think they are leaving themselves some room without making it look like they are intentionally leaving themselves some room. I won't be surprised if "all of a sudden" they were to find solutions to these issues.

AZWHTSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree 1,000% with SnakeBitten,
An ACR with the GTS-R looks and the GTS interior and electronic features as options along with an available ********* package for the track rats would be the icing on the cake. I would immediately order one. Just "Do It" SRT!!!

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will sell everything I own to buy that!! But there better not be LEDs in those headlights. I still like the dual headlights. See photos two different headlight spacing.

Attachments

• webblack.jpg
    webblack.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
  • webblack2.jpg
    webblack2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a curious thought, but I wonder if Ralph has ever seen my Photoshops? I know some if the SRT guys read the forum. Again, just a curiosity.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a curious thought, but I wonder if Ralph has ever seen my Photoshops? I know some if the SRT guys read the forum. Again, just a curiosity.

Ralph and I go back months...2 to be exact. I'll get my people to contact his people. In the mean time, we'll find out once the ACR is released ;)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the width issue in the same class as the fog light issue and the direct injection issue. I'm not quite buying it. I think they are leaving themselves some room without making it look like they are intentionally leaving themselves some room. I won't be surprised if "all of a sudden" they were to find solutions to these issues.

Along with those issues dont forget the strange explanation on why there is no CCB braking option. The explanation by an SRT engineer seemed crazy to me at the time of my reading it somewhere on this forum. I dont remember exactly the wording but it was imho an absurd excuse as everything from a ZR1 to Porsches etc offer them without the problems that he engineer alluded to. Maybe they are sandbagging because the excuses dont seem to hold water at all....Im hoping its sandbagging:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456