Now from the front; Viper Red GEN V GTSR (street) with new black stripes!!

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in agreement. A lot of BS excuses that don't hold any water. My guess (hope) is they are waiting to see what GM does. The ACR is competing with the ZR1. Carbon Ceramic brakes will never make it on the GTS IMHO...nor should they. Save those for the ACR (or GTS-R..whatever they call it). Then they can pull out the big guns...drop more weight, bump the HP, CCB, widebody...yadda yadda

Maybe SRT will copy the corvette lineup, C7 = GTS/SRT, C7 Z06 = ACR, C7 ZR1 = Street legal GTS-R....who knows.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in agreement. A lot of BS excuses that don't hold any water. My guess (hope) is they are waiting to see what GM does. The ACR is competing with the ZR1. Carbon Ceramic brakes will never make it on the GTS IMHO...nor should they. Save those for the ACR (or GTS-R..whatever they call it). Then they can pull out the big guns...drop more weight, bump the HP, CCB, widebody...yadda yadda

Maybe SRT will copy the corvette lineup, C7 = GTS/SRT, C7 Z06 = ACR, C7 ZR1 = Street legal GTS-R....who knows.

Yeah lets hope those items are on the future list and SRT just doesnt want to let the cat out of the bag yet.

I don't think the ZR1 is competing with the ACR. At least the track times don't make it look like that:D Anyway to me the ZR1 is more a GT car than a club racer like the ACR/GT2 RS etc. Id think the GTS would more be the ZR1's competition as it more resembles a GT car as well and matches up well with the ZR1's features and amenities and possibly comfort.

IMHO I think there is will be no Viper that will be on the level of the C7 base, at least I hope not. I think the SRT Viper = Z06, GTS=ZR1 and Chevy currently has nothing in the ACR's class especially when you look at the performance numbers at the tracks. Maybe there will be a C7 variant that will compete with the ACR.

Also I remember way back when while discussing the Gen V ACR, SRT or Ralph intimated that it will be much wilder than the regular Viper so based on that Im hoping the ACR could be a street legal variant of the GTSR. We are all just speculating anyway so who knows what they will do. Regardless some variation of the street Viper should look very much like the GTSR:2tu:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's really no reason why they wouldn't offer a new GTS-R (limited run of 100) AND an ACR. They are really two different cars. Either way...at this point, I'm MUCH more interested in the SRT. :D

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. Just to clarify, I didn't mean the Viper compared to the corvette lineup as equals...I just meant that there are 3 tiers of vettes and I was thinking there may be three tiers of Vipers with about the same amount of differences. The Corvette and Viper were never true competitors to me. Corvettes are great cars, but are in a different class. They are mass produced sports cars. The Viper is an impractical (used to me) low-production American exotic.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. Just to clarify, I didn't mean the Viper compared to the corvette lineup as equals...I just meant that there are 3 tiers of vettes and I was thinking there may be three tiers of Vipers with about the same amount of differences. The Corvette and Viper were never true competitors to me. Corvettes are great cars, but are in a different class. They are mass produced sports cars. The Viper is an impractical (used to me) low-production American exotic.

I got you now. I think Vettes especially the Z06 and ZR1 are great cars, great performers as well. Just a little less special than the Viper like you stated. I got a feeling the C7 will come out with a true challenger to the ACR this time around because even the 2012 ZR1, with the addons and softer tires, wasn't enough to get even close to the 2010 ACR on the Ring. I have to believe Chevy took note of that big time. I cant wait to see both the ACR and what ever Chevy brings to the brawl. Teh next year or two is going to be very interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave