[******] NY Cops

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove though Port Washington this morning. First I went through an inspection check-point and everything went well, just a wave to move along. About 2 miles away I was driving through the center of town and was pulled over by a cop on a bike. He said my license plate was outdated. In NY they have been slowly changing over to a new style plate. I was driving my 94 which I hardly ever have on the road, but since I'm not done with the motor on the 2000, I opted for the 94 on such a beautiful day. I told him that I almost never drive the car and didn't realize. The registration sticker actually lists two plates, the one I had on and the new ones that I didn't realize they sent me. I told him I would go to the DMV today and get the new style on her. He said great and then wrote me up for a ticket. He told me he was doing me a favor, because he could have written me up for no front plate. This he said is just a fine, a front plate would have been a fine and points. Does anyone know if they changed the law in NY and a front plate is actually points too? Nice favor. Keep in mind, I couldn't have been more respectful when talking to the man.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Marc:

Wow! No I didn't hear that a front plate violation gets you points. I know that Uncle Greggy posts here and he's a NY attorney (also just got an SRT). I'll PM him and see if he knows anything.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Marc:

Wow! No I didn't hear that a front plate violation gets you points. I know that Uncle Greggy posts here and he's a NY attorney (also just got an SRT). I'll PM him and see if he knows anything.

Oh the irony!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Marc, sorry to hear the locaL fuzz gave you a hard time. I live in Port and found the local cops to be nice. As a matter of fact one day my son and I were out for a spin and a cop pulled along side of us at a lite and said jokingly " Is that all that baby can do". I guess you got one who missed his coffee and donut break!

Adam

PS..Give me a call is you feel line company for a cruise
917-693-7380

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,
NO POINTS!! Ticket $55.00 and it's an "Equipment Violation"!
Had a few! :D
Ooops! Forgot about the Wiz and all his Viper "experience" :D Nice that your Tech ALSO OWNS a Viper!
Thanks Chuck!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

Maybe you gave him a smart asp comment, unknowningly of course! From someone who is so quick to bash folks, you of all people should either have your stuff together or take your lumps with pride. I'm sure that if you were the cop, the Viper owner would have gotten the ticket and the points.LOL

I can't believe some of the other posts here about NY cops........remember 9-11? If you don't want to try and put yourself in the other persons shoes, don't deface the aspects of what they do for a living.

Chuck 98.....now thats a different story all together...GA cops are still talking about your "pretty mouth" BOY.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Sounds like the cop was playing with your head.
NY State trooper let me go in April. Doing 80mph on the thruway.
Cops around here are on hightened alert for agressive drivers. A couple of days ago a kid killed a mother and child playing Fast and Furiously (street racing).

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Police are like any other profession, some are top quality, and some
are like the Cop that shot the families dog in TN(an idiot).

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
And now for the Mercy Report-

I merged onto the freeway in my F150, and immediately set about passing the other competitors. (I like to call them competitors, sounds better than "motorists")

Highway Patrol was back there somewhere, and got me dead to rights. Gave me a warning, which I sincerely appreciated, having just gotten two tickets within the last month.

His discretion allowd me to scale down my driving style, and everytime I think about speeding, I remember the mercy he showed.

Doesn't that give you tears to your eyes? :p

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NYPD has its bad apples just like everywhere else. I don't see
where the 9/11 reference was called for. Marc, said he was polite to
the policeman - So Tom, why make a remark that Marc was probably a smart Asp.
I think you owe Marc an apology.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no points on this end of the state.
just like mentioned above.. good cops and bad cops.
just like any other job.
but man do the bad ones stick out......

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Tom, but being called to do their duty doesn't dismiss them from being aholes.

A little common sense and consideration could go a long way in that profession. No good comes from writing piddly tickets and harassing honest folks going about their daily routine.

And it's not quite like any other profession. That profession has a disproportionate number of overzealous jerks.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck 98 RT/10,
i can attest to the overzealous **** part!!!
i went to school for Criminal Justice.. to later fail the eye exam...DOH!
but the guys that i went to school with were jerks. just wanted to kicksome bass!
anyone.. asked why are they there "being a cop is cool"
my answer.. just want to help people.

they would just look at me like a "ya right" good answer.... the one i went to school with was under
probe for killing a suspect while in custody... choked him out...he got off....

Kevin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't feel bad In Canada the cops careers depend on number of convictions. Their budgets come from revenues they generate. In Toronto the police budget is set and if the Ticket packers don't write enough tickets They get blasted in the press by council members. I have always had good experiences So far with cops Stateside Although the thought of having to go to the local station and pay fines before I can leave some States keeps me light on the gas. I was cruising through Ohio last year making good time and a Trooper pulled up beside me pointed at his dash shook his finger. I nodded he returned the nod and made a U turn Thought this was a pretty cool attitude. If I was caught on the 401 no way I drive away without a ticket. The worst States I have noticed are NY especially on the Thruway and Pennsylvania 55 means 55
Florida doesn't seem to have a radar gun in the State not that I have found so far.

Kevin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bye the way a front plate is not necessary in Ontario. I heard it was beaten in court because the only safe way a cop can read a front plate is through his mirror and the plates are not reversed for this view.
The dealer delivered the Snake with a plate hanger in the trunk. I have never been hassled in the States for not having it mounted I assume because it is legal to drive here without it. Maybe a good legal argument if you do get tagged.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tickets ! It's all such a game and a scam. I love how the Cops get to play judge/lawyer before you go into the court,bargining with you over your offense. But funny, I don't remember electing a cop to office. If they are going to plea bargin your ticket, why waste everyone's time? Why not just do it on the scene when you are stopped? But besides, if you know the right people, any ticket can go away.
But what really kills me is I don't see the real bad offenders getting screwed, just the hard working guy trying to get to work, or home to see his kids.

The bikers still fly by at over 120 on the right shoulder lane. Then there are the..... (any I will refrain from using stereotypical adjectives), people who pack 3 adults and 6 kids into a car all with no seatbelts and cruise to the nearest welfare office for their monthly entitlement check(s). Half those kids will never get to see their next birthday if they have an accident. Then you have the 85-90 year old thickheads, like my own Aunts and Uncles who should have been pulled off the road years ago and can't see over the wheel anyway but still drive down to the grocery store.

Please. Our whole justice system is out of control. The amount of people who are let loose on crimes because there is not enough jail space, the flow of runts getting into the country who don't belong here and drive with no qualifications or documentation whatsoever, curruption (the stories I hear from my own friends who are cops....geez), insurance fraud that you have to participate in otherwise you will never get your repairs done correctly.......isn't that ironic?? All this sh*t makes every day a job just to get from am to pm.

GTG,

Andrew

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
I certainly did not give any smart asp comments before or after he gave me the ticket. Of course he was just doing his job. I was retelling a story and also asking about getting points on your license for no plate. If he was nice, he would have let me go. 9-11, come on Tom. I lost friends in 9-11 and don't throw that crap around. I went through and inspection checkpoint an then later got stopped by a cop that was just set up in the middle of town pulling people over. I'm sure he was looking much harder for inspections & equipment violations than terrorists. I don't bash, rather I point out when someone is doing something wrong that will hurt our members. What is your deal? I don't think I ever attacked you? Pretty cool the way in which you talk publicly to a "former" customer!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh by the way, this thread was meant to be a pretty light subject. The actual name was D*mn NY Cops. I didn't know they would put stars in the heading just for saying that word.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

I work for a NY company who suffered personnal losses during the attacks. I am also ex marine corps and have family in the police and fire departments. These types of people share a brotherhood that is not well understood by most folks.

Your title phrase was taken alot worse than you thought....at least by me. The words NY and cops still brings terrible sacrafice to mind. You might have started your topic a bit differently. Remember that over 1 million viewers come to this site monthly....or at least thats what I'm told.

As for you being a customer........even though I sweated your sale, you proved to be honorable. I can only hope that we provided quality service to you.

Ask yourselves where would we be without our law enforcement, military and public protection agencies.

Take care,

LOUD MOUTH TOM!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I've never read a post of yours that was out of line, but
to question Marc's patriotism for posting his experience, was.

It made me feel that you had inside knowledge that Marc was an
@sshole, and you were giving your version of what really happened.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way, this thread was meant to be a pretty light subject. The actual name was D*mn NY Cops. I didn't know they would put stars in the heading just for saying that word.

You know, thats funny, because when I see all those stars, I assumed the worst, and figured you had typed F'n NY Cops. It would have been less provocative if it said d*mm, the way you typed it!

(I'm killin time right now)

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know Marc from Adam, but his past posting leads me to believe he
has is a person of character and integrity. Actually, if anything about him is controversial, it's his willingness to put himself on the line, and argue a
moral point.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not get into the hero stuff and all those who died that day, and all the pride stuff from 9/11, because we could really get into a heated discussion on that one in "off topic".

AC

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask yourselves where would we be without our law enforcement, military and public protection agencies.

Whoa Tom, don't go aligning the military with law enforement. They are two completely different organizations. One fights for our freedoms and the other takes it away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4