[******] NY Cops

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,
The fact that you sweated the sale of goods to me is a bit puzzling. I know from your implications that your thought must have been that I would "bash" you online. Why would you think that? Is it because I was ripped off by [******] and was the first person to be vocal about it online. It's not like I didn't give him 60 or 70 chances to straighten it out before I started posting. It was no mistake, I was robbed. Not trying to change the topic of this thread, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what you are thinking. I'm done with this thread, don't have time for all your bullsh*t.
City,
Softball is on Tuesday nights, can't miss that.

mjguflaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask yourselves where would we be without our law enforcement, military and public protection agencies.

Whoa Tom, don't go aligning the military with law enforement. They are two completely different organizations. One fights for our freedoms and the other takes it away.

Amen, brother. I'm not sure which is worse, the politicians that keep passing more and more laws restricting our freedom or the mindless zealots in law enforcement that enforce them.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it the politicians fault for passing the laws, the cops for enforcing them or the minority 1% of ppl pressuring the politicians to make, then pass the laws..?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it the politicians fault for passing the laws, the cops for enforcing them or the minority 1% of ppl pressuring the politicians to make, then pass the laws..?

"Answer D, all of the above!"

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY cops are famous for "no front plate" tickets. I've gotten a few in the past. It's a good excuse to pull someone over. fortunately it is no points. I dont mine paying the fine - It's better to pay a fine then to drill some holes in the car.

Kevin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HMMM

It just may be possible 3 or four lasers, Cut a few slices in the fan blades and tweek the fins in the rad just so; a holographic licence plate floating 2 inches in front of the hood.
anybody interested in giving it a shot...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,
NO POINTS!! Ticket $55.00 and it's an "Equipment Violation"!
Had a few! :D
Ooops! Forgot about the Wiz and all his Viper "experience" :D Nice that your Tech ALSO OWNS a Viper!
Thanks Chuck!
But why is he grinning that he's got a few tickets? :confused:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask yourselves where would we be without our law enforcement, military and public protection agencies.
In a really free country, no taxes or laws. We could even rename the country and call it, let me think, how does 'Somalia' sound?

But we chose to go to the other extreme. We hire people with limited intelligence for our intelligence services, people who can't get regular jobs for our LEOs (the majority) and most of the rejects into the army. Then we build a complex bureaucracy, a CIA computer system to identify terrorists that immigration does not have access to and tell everybody including gullible Tom here that we are safe.

While I don't support either extreme, being an immigrant myself, I've obviously chosen the current system as the lesser of the 2 evils.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ALL Pigs are @SSH0LES!! :mad:

Austin

That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever seen. Do you have any idea of the crap that these people put up with? I suggest you try a ride-along and get educated on the subject before you pop off like that.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't feel bad..10 minutes ago the scmbag just gave me a ticket on my work vehicle for tints. I am in the city now down town. Two tickets for each window at $90 a pop. H e says if I take the off and take pictures of the vehicle I can get them dismissed. What a scmbag..$180 DOLLAR TICKET

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget that NY is a biiiggg state and there is a big difference between regular NY traffic cops and the NYPD.

Eddie

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

I grew up in Port Washington and the cops there have always been a-holes. I was driving there a few weeks back and got pulled over for using my cell phone. Funny thing was, it was on the passenger seat. A few of them I grew up with are OK , but most are real a-holes. Very hard town to live in if you like fast cars or bikes. My teen years were very tough with them. Don't take it personally , they are complete idiots there.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't feel bad..10 minutes ago the scmbag just gave me a ticket on my work vehicle for tints. I am in the city now down town. Two tickets for each window at $90 a pop. H e says if I take the off and take pictures of the vehicle I can get them dismissed. What a scmbag..$180 DOLLAR TICKET
So take pictures of somebody else's Viper. Voila! You owe me lunch now!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving there a few weeks back and got pulled over for using my cell phone. Funny thing was, it was on the passenger seat.
Take your cellphone statement to court. If it has no calls just prior to your ticket stop, you are in the clear.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, Front plate is no points. Most NY cops will use the lack of a front plate just to pull you over. My best advice to anyone (as a lawyer) is make friends with a cop! Best way to get out of a ticket. Any of the NY crew gets a ticket I'd be glad to give advice, just PM me. Also here is something to remember - Never get a moving violation in ANY of the 5 Boroughs. Why? City traffic courts DO NOT Plea bargain, and good luck trying to trip a highway cop up - over the years they have become wise and know what testimony they must give to the judge - they have it down, believe me. Only chance is if he doesn't show.