NY/CT Club Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread will be used for the members to post up their questions, ideas or events that might be a interest to the club. I will also post updates on what I'm working on for you guys/gals :2tu: Please feel free to post all are welcome :headbang: Thank you..Adrian

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the moment I'm working on another "OLD SKOOL CRUISE" Easter Breakfast Run Apr.12 and ViperTony sent me a e-mail about a place to have the Dyno Day Performance Shop CT - Dyno Tuning, Alignment, Parts, Largest Speed Shop in Connecticut - Jannetty Racing Enterprises As stated before the OSC'S will be once a month and along with myself, ViperTony, and Skeeter will be doing the same for their area.
The memberships are coming due and trying to make sure with Juli's help that everyone renew really don't want to take anyone e-mail off our list BUT Mar.31 is the deadline.....
I will keep you up to date on whats going on with your club.

Thank you,
Adrian

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Adrian...I concur...everyone whose renewal is due, please renew by April 1st. We've sent out reminder emails. :)
Adrian: I just spoke to Dutch from Delmar (lol)...and he said that Lime Rock Track IS available...is this track NOT available to our Club to use? Lots of people have asked about Lime Rock in particular. Possibly ACR Steve may know of some dates the Viper Club can use the track?
THX! ~juli

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve will know more about whats going on with LimeRock so I'm sure he will post on this issue

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that dyno have a tailpipe sniffer or just thru bungs welded in ? might be a problem if not. i couldnt tell from the site

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does that dyno have a tailpipe sniffer or just thru bungs welded in ? might be a problem if not. i couldnt tell from the site

I think they do both but I'll find out. Confirmed, they do both. Its up to you which one you want.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag Strip Day. A local tuner hosts two drag strip days at Lebanon Valley dragway each year. What's great about this is that they rent the track for themselves for the entire day. So there's competing with the general public for track time. There's also a BBQ. The first track day is May 22nd however we have our Pocono event that weekend. There will be another track day in the fall around September. We can piggy back off these track days. It would be a great opportunity to have some fun on the strip, learn launch techniques and have some fun. Since I'm going to Pocono anyway, Lebanon valley is sorta on my way so I will be checking out this event/strip and will report back.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also ViperT with the Drag Strip we can do a NY/CT vs NE vs NJ each region have already said they like the idea after we talked about it before....:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag Strip Day. A local tuner hosts two drag strip days at Lebanon Valley dragway each year. What's great about this is that they rent the track for themselves for the entire day. So there's competing with the general public for track time. There's also a BBQ. The first track day is May 22nd however we have our Pocono event that weekend. There will be another track day in the fall around September. We can piggy back off these track days. It would be a great opportunity to have some fun on the strip, learn launch techniques and have some fun. Since I'm going to Pocono anyway, Lebanon valley is sorta on my way so I will be checking out this event/strip and will report back.

Tony: Do you mean there is NO competing with the general public for track time that day? THAT would be awesome as I know SO many people would love to do this. Lebanon Valley is SO close to us too!!!! :drive: GOOD GOING! :2tu: ~juli

***Can we run a Vert if we CAN attend? With no rollbar? Or do we have to go r-e-a-l
s-l-o-w (13's?) I'm sure other Vert owners would like to know? THX!***

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony: Do you mean there is NO competing with the general public for track time that day? THAT would be awesome (unfortunately, it's a weekday, so we would not be able to attend :()...as I know SO many people would love to do this. Lebanon Valley is SO close to us too!!!! :drive: GOOD GOING! :2tu: ~juli
(Well, we have a vert anyway...:nono:...:D)

Correct, I meant NO competing from track time with the general public. Like most drag strips, its impossible to get a private track on the weekend during regular/peak season. It may be possible in the late fall but between now and Sept forget about it.

Adrian: Great idea on inviting other regions. Hopefully, we can squeeze this in later this year. I think that would be a blast.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COOL Tony on the NO competing...we've been there...takes FOREVER and a DAY to drag your car, then back in line when you're with the general public. GOOD GOING~! NO prob on the weekend, we perfectly understand! ~juli

***Can VERTS run with no rollbar at Lebanon Valley if it's only US there that day?***

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HH - Technology that remakes history!

Just spoke to these guys and they are asking $200 for 3 runs and they would also do a raffle for us. If we can get 10 people that would be great but if not they would work with us...Lets see what ViperTony can workout and then we can decide

also Mike from SnakePitt Performance told me he know a guy in Deer Park, Long Island (MUSTANG MAGIC Home) that will charge us $50 if we get 15 people its a DYNOJET and that includes 2 runs

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in for the dyno run.

HH - Technology that remakes history!

Just spoke to these guys and they are asking $200 for 3 runs and they would also do a raffle for us. If we can get 10 people that would be great but if not they would work with us...Lets see what ViperTony can workout and then we can decide

also Mike from SnakePitt Performance told me he know a guy in Deer Park, Long Island (MUSTANG MAGIC Home) that will charge us $50 if we get 15 people its a DYNOJET and that includes 2 runs

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jannetty Racing has a SuperFlow Dyno and 60mph wind tunnel...not sure what the difference is between this SuperFlow vs. Mustang Dyno. I will find out. Their standard rate is $100 for 3 runs. I'm sure we can get a discount if we get a good turnout. Since this place is 9 miles from my house, I wouldn't mind having you all over for a BBQ afterwards. I'll get pricing/specs on Monday and post here to discuss. More info: Dyno Tuning in CT - Full Service Chassis Dyno CT Best Service in CT

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperT, lets set something up with your guy in CT......:headbang: also please let him know we would like to do the mutli-regionals drag strip

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, do you really understand how much i can eat though ?...ya might wanna re-think this...lol

and how are your deviled egg skills ?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, do you really understand how much i can eat though ?...ya might wanna re-think this...lol

and how are your deviled egg skills ?

My wife makes awesome deviled eggs...Tator has some competition this year. :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< ----- will be the judge of this.... Mrs VT, has some work to do, to beat tators eggs... :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dayum, those eggs were delicious!!! :headbang:THANX Plum for saving some (okay 3 :smirk:) for Mike & me~! I believe that's where the duct tape came in?? :rolaugh:~juli

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dutch-Man this year we do not have a date at Lime Rock. Since they have gone to private membership its very hard to get an all day event. The track splits the days with members so we would have just the morning and then members of the track would take over in the afternoon.We had partnered with Aston Martin, however with the reduced day we could not do 2 clubs.

Since we have the Zone Roundevouz at Pocono Memorial Day weekend and then a track day at the new awesome NJ Motor-sport Park. The board felt 2 track days was enough. Remember if we book an event we commit at least $16,000 to the track for the event.

You know me I am always up for another track day , we just need enough members to commit.

Thanks,

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve for the Lime Rock update...I will forward that to Dutch in an email, as I'm not sure he comes on this forum. What you said, is about what I anticipated with Lime Rock. (But, I will NEVER forget the *HIGH* I had there after YOU drove me in your ACR, then again in our 2005...you are THE BEST driver I've EVER been lucky enough to tag along with...I can never thank you enough for an awesome day! :headbang:)
~juli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets