NY/CT Club Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We look forward to seeing what Dan Lesser has in mind~!!! Thanks, Adrian. ~juli
(Enjoy the Poconos, and BRING BACK THE CUP!!!!)

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT Members:
I'm in the process of setting up a text message service for our members and if any reason we might have to cancel a event that day because of weather you will receive a text message that morning saying the event is cancel and we will also still post up on the site.......If you sign up know one will get your contact number once the details are worked out I will put up a seperate post on how to register your cell phone....Thank you all for your support :2tu::2tu::2tu: Adrian

It's done click on link below:
Text message subscription

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag Day Event at Lebanon Valley on Friday September 18th

Our forum sponsor Jannetty Racing has another private track day scheduled at Lebanon Valley on 9/18. Posting to see if there's any interest from our club in attending the event. Some info on their recent drag day here: Jannetty Racing Enterprises - News

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Tony for posting the Lebanon Dragway event 9/18. If we possibly can, we'd LOVE to try to get a driver for that Friday (to work for Mike that is! :))~! Look forward to more details. :drive: ~juli

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
July 11: NY/CT Poker Run (changed)

REPLACEMENT EVENT:
July 12: NY/CT Breakfast Cruise "DAILY PLANET" :2tu:

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GPNY "SUPERTRACK": This letter was sent from the owners and I recently spoke to Chuck Tator of Tators Garage and he said its a fair price for what we get...

Hello Adrian,

Please keep in mind that this past weekend’s event pricing is way out of whack due to GPNY’s mistakes from your originally scheduled event. A mistake which we did not take lightly and it should have never happened so we gave a lot away.

After talking to the crew, going over what we did and what we need to cover ourselves if we duplicated the exact same program we would need to charge $200 per person with a minimum of 30 people.
This would include 4 sessions per person plus a finale for the top 20 or so. Estimating 2hrs of Super Track time.
Our sandwich luncheon platter with soft drinks, juices and water.
Total cost, $6000 if we had 30 people.

I know your group loved exactly what we did this past weekend. However, if the pricing is too high we can certainly come up with some alternate ideas that will still provide an amazing experience. Even if we simply cut 30 minutes of Super Track time and did 3 sessions per person and 1 finale it would have an impact on the pricing. I figure about $175 per person with this format. Total cost, $5250 if we had 30 people.

For comparison I listed our retail pricing for what we did this past Sunday below:
2hrs of private Super Track time, retail price $9300.00.
Sandwich lunch with soft drinks, juice, etc retail price $26.00 per person (@$33.00 with tax, service). Est, 30 people cost is $993.00.
Retail price for duplicating what we did the other day would be $10,293.00.
Cost per person would be $343 if we had charged full price (due to our mistake we kept the $92.74 fee).

I'm looking at Nov.8 for the return of "The SuperTrack" but still want to see if I can work a few more things out with GPNY before I confirm :2tu: Adrian

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT Members, due to the chance of bad weather on Sunday (July 26) we decided to change the date for Oaklands to August 16th...We don't want to take a chance because the club stands to lose money if we cancel last minute..as always I thank you for your support and understanding.

Adrian Byrd

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd Annual CT Brunch Cruise

NY/CT Members, due to the chance of bad weather on Sunday (Aug 9th) we decided to change the date for the CT Summer Brunch Cruise to September 27th.There's a 40% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday and some folks have a long drive. Certainly not fun in the rain so I'm playing it safe. Hopefully the 9/27 will bring us better weather.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save The Date: Sept. 6 (Sunday)
Old Skool Cruise to Cooperage Inn for Brunch
Will post up more details later

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save The Date
Dec. 12: NY/CT Christmas/Holiday Party in TarryTown NY

I will post up all details next week

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come celebrate with us
NY/CT 2009 Annual Holiday Party and Awards Ceremony
Reservations are now being accepted

Where: Tarrytown House Estate (Westchester Hotels near White Plains NY | Tarrytown House Estate & Conference Center)
Date: Dec. 12, 2009
Time: 7pm-11pm

RAIN or SHINE

Cost: $75/pp
Attendance for this PARRR-TY is expected to sell-out, so don't wait.
This is a pre-pay event, no exceptions. Reservations and full payment,
with attendees names must be received by December 4, 2009.
(please allow sufficient time for mailing)

Other Notes:
We have reserved a block of 10 rooms at $99/night + Tax's, for those wishing to stay.
If interested in reserving a room, please contact Tarrytown House directly at
(914) 591-3148, and mention the Viper Club for this discounted rate.
Tarrytown House Estate strongly suggests you follow the directions on their site, and
states the following "Please DO NOT USE any internet or GPS based navigation
tools for directions to Tarrytown House. All internet based directions will
incorrectly send you to the wrong area of the village of Tarrytown."

Again, please make your reservations ASAP, to reserve your place at this
highly anticipated holiday gala !!!

Please make checks payable to:
NY/CT Viper Club Inc

Mail payment and attendee/contact information to:
NY/CT Viper Club Inc.
c/o The Computer Connection, LLC
228 Old Hartford Road
Colchester CT 06415

For this years gala, we are repeating what worked, brought smiles, and made these
events memorable in the past.
We have incorporated several new idea's into this years event, in an effort to appeal
to a wider audience. Although I can't disclose them all at this time, (must keep some
suspense) here are a couple....
DJ, Music, Dancing, and all that goes with it....Raffle's, Raffle's, and more Raffle's.......You wont believe whats hidden in the secret raffle bag...Goodie bag for each attending club member

Thanks,
Adrian,Juli,Chazz,ViperTony,and Steve Johnson

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT Annual Holiday Party: Dec. 12, 2009

The holiday party is fast approaching and we might need to get a bigger room if you haven't already please send your check in ASAP. Thanks to ALL of you for a great year. Adrian

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's official 1 week away from the holiday party and we have 60 members/guests signed up and counting. We have now added a bonus there will be a cocktail hour from 6pm-7pm so we can all share laughs before the holiday bash begins.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
--- PARTY TIME IS NEAR ---

Important Updates, Changes, and Directions:

...  A 6:00 pm, RECEPTION HOUR, including Hors D'oeuvres,
        Cold Ca nape's, Cocktail Time, etc has been added to the venue.

...  Tarrytown House Estate Directions
        This Estate is really large, covering 26 acres, and many buildings.
        When you arrive on the property, follow signs to the top of the hill, to
        King House where the party will be located.
        This is also right next to guest registration for anyone staying overnight.
        The closest lot to the King House will be adjacent to it. There will be plenty
        of additional parking as well in any of the lots.

...  Tarrytown House Estate, states the following,
        "Please DO NOT USE any internet or GPS based navigation tools for
        directions to Tarrytown House. All internet based directions will
        incorrectly send you to the wrong area of the village of Tarrytown."

...  Directions
        From New York City (East Side)
Take the FDR Drive North, across the Willis Avenue Bridge onto the Major Deegan Expressway North (I-87)
The Major Deegan will turn into the NY State Thruway (I-87)
Take the NY State Thruway North towards the Tappan Zee Bridge to Exit 9 IN WESTCHESTER*. As you near the Tappan Zee Bridge, I-87 North merges with I-287 West, take Exit 9 Tarrytown. (Exit 9 is the last exit before the bridge. Please note, the exit numbers are ordered strangely. Exit 9 is after Exit 1)
Turn left at end of exit ramp onto Route 119 West. Go the first traffic light (Route 9) and turn left
Proceed to third traffic light (if second light is flashing yellow, still count as traffic light); turn left onto East Sunnyside Lane (about 1 mile)
Entrance to Tarrytown House is clearly marked on your left (2nd driveway on left)
      *Do not get off at Exit 9 in the Bronx. Continue north until the last exit before the Tappan Zee Bridge.

From New York City (West Side)

Take the West Side Highway north (9A North) which will turn into the Henry Hudson Parkway and then Saw Mill River Parkway North
Take the Saw Mill Parkway north to the NY State Thruway (I-87 North)/Tappan Zee Bridge (I-287 West) exit
Take the NY State Thruway North/I-287 West to Exit 9 Tarrytown. (Exit 9 is the last exit before the bridge. Please note, the exit numbers are ordered strangely. Exit 9 is after Exit 1)
Turn left at end of exit ramp onto Route 119 West. Go the first traffic light (Route 9) and turn left
Proceed to third traffic light (if second light is flashing yellow, still count as traffic light); turn left onto East Sunnyside Lane (about 1 mile)
Entrance to Tarrytown House is clearly marked on your left (2nd driveway on left)

From New Jersey

Drive North or South on the Palisades or Garden State Parkways, to the NY State Thruway South (I-87)
Cross the Tappan Zee Bridge
After toll booth, immediately exit at Exit 9 Tarrytown. (first exit on right after toll)
At the end of the exit ramp, make a left off the exit onto Route 9 South
Proceed to second traffic light (first light counts as traffic light even if flashing yellow); about 1/2 mile and turn left onto East Sunnyside Lane

From Connecticut

Drive South on I-95, I-684 or the Merritt Pkwy to I-287 West
Take 287 West towards Tappan Zee Bridge all the way to Exit 1 in Tarrytown (Route 119) and bear right onto Route 119 West
Go to intersection of 119 and Route 9 (about 2 miles) turn left at that light onto Route 9 South

From Westchester County Airport

Drive South on I-684 to I-287 West (towards Tappan Zee Bridge)
Take 287 West towards Tappan Zee Bridge all the way to Exit 1 in Tarrytown (Route 119) and bear right onto Route 119 West
Go to intersection and turn left at the light onto Route 9 South

From Long Island

Take the Throggs Neck or the Whitestone Bridge onto the New England Thruway (I-95) North
Take Exit 21 onto I-287 West towards Tappan Zee Bridge
Go to intersection of 119 and Route 9 (about 2 miles) turn left at that light onto Route 9 South

From the North

Take the Taconic State Parkway South to the Saw Mill River Parkway South.
Get off Exit 22 (I-287) Tarrytown, bear right this will lead you onto Route 119 West

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 NY/CT Events Schedule Will Be Up On Feb. 22 :2tu:

Save your money for new tires I plan on keeping your club very busy :drive:

THANK YOU ALL for your support :headbang:

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are this seasons NY/CT Region Schedule. Please note that more events will be added and some might change.

2010 Event Dates Calendar:

Mar. 27: NY/CT "Guitar" Fund Drive
Apr. 17: NY/CT Sat. Night Cruise @ Super Stop N Shop Smithtown
Apr. 25: NY/CT Paintball @ (Liberty Paintball NY - The #1 Paintball Field in NY - Call 1-845-878-6300)
May 2: NY/CT BBQ Run @ River View Seymour, CT
May 16: Exotic Rally Spring Sprint
May 23: Old Skool Cruise/Breakfast Run "Captree"
May 22-25: CSD @ Poconos Raceway
June 5: Exotic Rally Concours Greenwich, CT
June 6: RC Dolner Exotic Car Tour (www.rcdcartour.com) Register "NOW" For This Event
June 13: NY/CT Annual Hopkins Cruise Preston, CT
June 26: NY/CT Derby Day in CT
June 27: Old Skool Cruise/Breakfast "Moriches Diner"
July 8-11: Viper/Vette Weekend contact ([email protected]) for more info.
July 11: NY/CT Claudios Cruise Greenport, NY
July 9-11: Viper Days in Va.
July 18: NY/CT Splash Cruise Westport, CT
July 24: NY/CT 2nd Annual Fuel Drift Rally/Long Island
Aug. 1: Annual Hampton Cruise "Oaklands"
Aug. 8: Cucina Brunch Cruise Woodstock (:: CUCINA ::)
Aug. 12: NY/CT @ NJ Motorsports
Aug. 15: Old Skool Cruise/Breakfast
Aug. 22: Exotic Rally Summer Exotic Run
Aug. 29: NY/CT Presents Mr. USA Cruise
Sept. 3: NY/CT Friday Night Cruise/Dinner
Sept. 4: NY/CT Marcus Dairy Cruise
Sept. 5: ViperTony's Famous BBQ CT
Sept. 6: NY/CT Breakfast Run/Long Island
Sept. 10-12: Viper Days @ Poconos
Sept. 18: Pound Ridge Car Show
Sept. 26: NY/CT Daily Planet Cruise
Sept. 30-Oct. 3: VOI 11 in Utah
Oct. 2: Sat. Night Cruise/Smithtown
Oct. 3: Old Skool Cruise/Breakfast
Oct. 8: NY/CT Friday Night Dinner
Oct. 10: OWTS Car Show Torrington, CT
Oct. 11: NY/CT Breakfast Run
Oct. 16: Chuck Tator's Tech Session
Dec. 11: NY/CT Holiday Party

Events That We Might Add or Replace With:
Dyno-Day
Bear Mountain Wed. Night Cruise
Skeeters Fall Cruise
Orange County Choppers
Guilded Otter/Brunch
Silkorsky Aircraft CT
Mountain Greylock/Mass.
Monteverde Restaurant/Brunch
Cooperage Inn Brunch
TatorToga
Oriole 9 Woodstock, NY (Woodstock NY | Hudson Valley | Restaurant Cafe | Oriole9)
More Old Skool Cruises

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's to work out??? :dunno: Hehe :firedev:

You must be registered for see images

199643147-L.jpg

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save The Date: May 15-16
The return of "TATORTOGA" at Saratoga Automobile Museum
Chuck will post up more info. later :headbang:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CT Shoreline Cruise and Lunch

Sunday April 18th
We'll meet in Milford CT and :drive:drive along the shore to West Haven beach and have :meal::beer: lunch with a view of the ocean. There's also a boardwalk for those that might want to take a :slomo:stroll after lunch. More details to follow.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli, I made a reservation at 12 and the NY crew will meet up at Ardsley Rest Stop around 10 to head up.

Status
Not open for further replies.