Ny/ct Gpny: June 28 "supertrack"

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF IT RAINS THE EVENT IS STILL ON JUST :drive::drive::drive: YOUR OTHER CAR... NY/CT CLUB HAVE PAID GPNY IN ADVANCE...SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY @ GPNY... 8:45 :2tu::2tu::2tu:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that was a blast!! Thanks for a great event Adrian, and nice meeting all you guys out there today, even those that put me thru a tire wall or two ;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, thanks that was a blast. I'm so sore I think I'm going to sleep the rest of afternoon. For a while, I wasn't certain if we were running a demolition derby. I'm just glad some of you crazy bastages aren't out on a race track. :rolaugh: Especially those greeks. :omg:

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, thanks for sticking with it. I had a really great time and so did everybody else. A funny thing happened on the way out. The BMW club of America was coming in to race. There where about four cars and I knew one of the guys. I stopped to check out their cars so I parked the GTS and as more BMW club members came in the focus was THE VIPER. They literally forgot about their BMWs (which I still love). MORAL of the STORY: Got to love your Viper!
Take Care ;)

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great time! thanks to adrian for putting this together and that guy from viper days for the prizes! also want to thank the guys that t-bone me and the guy that pushed me into the and under the tire wall! i'll have a bruise on my leg and ass for the rest of the week to remind me!

BTW ACR Steve. Nice pulls today..your car kicks ass

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian really nice event, can't wait to see what you pull out of your hat next. Baby Jaya had a great time as well smiles all throught out the day.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I want to "THANK YOU" had a great time today and I will work on planning another one maybe in Oct. John Tober ( Owner of Viper Days) THANKS for the very nice trophys and the raffle prizes for our members. Chazz our Vice-President won the overall race.

and "YES" we are working on some "BIG" surprises for you guys/gals and thats all I'm saying for now :D

I look forward to seeing you all at the next NY/CT Club Event and thanks for all your support :2tu:...Adrian

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoyed the supertrack as much as I did. Because of GPNY's mis-scheduled error the last time we were able to convince them to set up supertrack at a once in a lifetime price for all of us plus food. Many many thanks to John Tober for all that he did for raffle prizes and presenting us with real trophies. Wow! Real trophies something we haven't seen before at a Karting Event. Crazy mad competition yesterday I don't know how I edged it out especially with the high traffic on some laps. Andrew and Sal thanks for not totally killing me and driving over my head, you guys were shear hell out there. Great to see the Jersey members and share a lot of laughs yesterday, you guys are the best. In the future hopefully GPNY can give us some kind of deal on the supertrack again, theres nothing like it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time also, but am I the only one that felt sick as a dog afterwards? I always thought I was getting dehydrated, but that wasn't it cause I drank enough water to dilute Adrian to a white boy.

At the last lap of the qualifying, I barely made it into the pits without heaving on the track ! Good thing we had at least a 2 minute rest before getting back out there. I made it to the end, but the ride home was tough and by the time I got home I slept for an hour.

Could it be the fumes, or maybe the 40 mph slams into the wall at the end of the uphill straight after being airborn for 2 seconds ?

And for the record, just cause I didn't let Don take me on the inside going into a turn and forced him into the tires, lifting the tires out of place and wedging his kart into the rail, wasn't the reason for the 1" long gash on his finger that took him out of the race. It was cause he was trying to be a wise guy and had his finger on the engine throttle cable to go faster. And there were plenty of t-bones that I avoided out of kindness and fairness and clean driving.

And I'm curious, Chuck, did you ever find the 8 pound weight that somone pu in your kart on the last run?

Thanks for everything,

Andrew

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well this has to be on the to do list again, and soon.It was awsome and i am still sore,I must say I am sorry to Rich I punted him out of the way on the hair pin turn,next time t
All the karts should wiegh the same and make the playing field a little mor even.If ya notice the front of the pack kinda thinned out there

Russ

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the karts should wiegh the same and make the playing field a little mor even.If ya notice the front of the pack kinda thinned out there

Russ

I agree with you Russ. Then again, this gives me more reason to shed some pounds. It was a blast overall and I'm feeling it more tonight. Ouch.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I am in the process of trying to work something for Oct. and remember this would have cost much more ($300pp) so GPNY is calling me back this week and also I would like to get NE Club back down. Will keep you posted and hope to have a date and a FAIR price this week for the "SUPERTRACK"

P.S. Andrew, you are a crazy man LMAO

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we should have weight classes next time:
Lightweight
Middleweight
Heavyweight
Superheavy

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Russ. Then again, this gives me more reason to shed some pounds. It was a blast overall and I'm feeling it more tonight. Ouch.

There were some others (aka ACR Steve) out there also feeling that weight was a factor. Yesterday I found out that my good friend Steven dropped a 20 lb. weight in back of my kart the last race. I ran the last race at 200 lbs. with the weight added and managed to dip down to 59.27 the 8th lap.

We can have the track staff weigh us and adjust the weights of the karts accordingly to make the race totally fair. We just have to let the GPNY staff know before we go.
Note: If anyone sees me dump an extra 50 lbs. into Steve's Kart don't tell him.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yotony would be super heavy..his head alone weighs 150lbs!:crazy2:

Yeah thats a problem since the average human head weighs 8 lbs. He'll have to run that race without a Helmet I guess. The thick black hair should offer him enough protection I think. He just has to duck his head down before each crash.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were some others (aka ACR Steve) out there also feeling that weight was a factor. Yesterday I found out that my good friend Steven dropped a 20 lb. weight in back of my kart the last race. I ran the last race at 200 lbs. with the weight added and managed to dip down to 59.27 the 8th lap.

We can have the track staff weigh us and adjust the weights of the karts accordingly to make the race totally fair. We just have to let the GPNY staff know before we go.
Note: If anyone sees me dump an extra 50 lbs. into Steve's Kart don't tell him.

LOL. There was one heat where I had an awesome kart. Weight didn't matter and the thing pulled like a freight train. Maybe we can bring our own nitrous kits next time? :dunno: In all serious though, it was a lot of fun and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GPNY "SUPERTRACK": This letter was sent from the owners and I recently spoke to Chuck Tator of Tators Garage and he said its a fair price for what we get...

Hello Adrian,

Please keep in mind that this past weekend’s event pricing is way out of whack due to GPNY’s mistakes from your originally scheduled event. A mistake which we did not take lightly and it should have never happened so we gave a lot away.

After talking to the crew, going over what we did and what we need to cover ourselves if we duplicated the exact same program we would need to charge $200 per person with a minimum of 30 people.
This would include 4 sessions per person plus a finale for the top 20 or so. Estimating 2hrs of Super Track time.
Our sandwich luncheon platter with soft drinks, juices and water.
Total cost, $6000 if we had 30 people.

I know your group loved exactly what we did this past weekend. However, if the pricing is too high we can certainly come up with some alternate ideas that will still provide an amazing experience. Even if we simply cut 30 minutes of Super Track time and did 3 sessions per person and 1 finale it would have an impact on the pricing. I figure about $175 per person with this format. Total cost, $5250 if we had 30 people.

For comparison I listed our retail pricing for what we did this past Sunday below:
2hrs of private Super Track time, retail price $9300.00.
Sandwich lunch with soft drinks, juice, etc retail price $26.00 per person (@$33.00 with tax, service). Est, 30 people cost is $993.00.
Retail price for duplicating what we did the other day would be $10,293.00.
Cost per person would be $343 if we had charged full price (due to our mistake we kept the $92.74 fee).

I'm looking at Nov.8 for the return of "The SuperTrack" but still want to see if I can work a few more things out with GPNY before I confirm :2tu: Adrian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21