NY/CT Region Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Official Election results:

Since there were no additional nominations, the four nominated members in good standing have been elected.

Beginning January 1, 2009, for a two year term expiring December 31, 2011

Adrian Byrd - President
Charlie Tedesco – Vice President
Keith Jean-Pierre – Secretary
Steve Johnson - Treasurer

Congratulations to our new Officers! :yay:

Executve Board:
President: Adrian Byrd
Vice-President: Charlie Tedesco
Treasurer: Steve Johnson
Secretary: Keith Jean-Pierre
Ex-Officer (past president): Scott K. Grayson

Directors:
Competition/Track Events: Steve Katz
Connecticut: Tony Perugini
Metro: Dimitrios Kambouris
Western NY: Dan Lesser
Mid NY: Skeeter Todd
Membership: Juli Polak
Technical: Chuck Tator

Committee:
Jimmy Audet
Keith Bud
Patrick Chapin
Chris Ronald
Gary Gerstein
Joe Bruni
Steve Brown
Brian Draizin
Sal Wahid

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to be of assistance in any capacity however I am a little geographically challenged :smirk:
Hey can't we do this Brethren Court style like in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 :D?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's the keeper of the code? :D Perhaps we need an officer for this sole purpose. That would be a hoot if we could have a Brethren Court style meeting. For all we know, this is how the meetings are usually held! :)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's the keeper of the code? :D Perhaps we need an officer for this sole purpose. That would be a hoot if we could have a Brethren Court style meeting. For all we know, this is how the meetings are usually held! :)

Completely agreed :headbang:! I would be honored to be the code keeper, 'tis the distance again that is in the way of my venture :( Therefor I vote Chuck Tator to fulfill this position as he is of great importance to us being able to enjoy our 4 wheeled vessels.
A little inspiration:

[media]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=iynVJONdT7s[/media]

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I think Chuck definitely needs to stay our vey very very own VIPER WIZARD that we can 'share' with everybody else in the WORLD~! We ALL need his professional technical advice...and I just cannot see anybody else EVER filling his shoes.........EVER! :famous:
Willem--YOU be the code-keeper!!!! THAT'd be just the right job for YOU! :bigok: ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll throw my hat in for events director since deviled egg taster seems taken.

Does that mean Keith is not running? Or you're running against him? :eater: ~juli
Yep, deviled-egg-taster is taken (PHIL!) :D, and so is Viper WIZARD...taken...thankfully! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the sake of clarity, there are four (4) Officer positions that are elected.
There are also several (as needed) Director positions that are assigned by the club president subject to approval of the other officers.

All together, the officers and directors form the Board of Directors.

Of far less importance, there is also an exofficer position on the Board for the prior president.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you perhaps have an administrative function that I could fulfill or anything that I could do here in Europe?

Just for the sake of clarity, there are four (4) Officer positions that are elected.
There are also several (as needed) Director positions that are assigned by the club president subject to approval of the other officers.

All together, the officers and directors form the Board of Directors.

Of far less importance, there is also an exofficer position on the Board for the prior president.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, these positions come up for election by 'snail-mail', and we send them in with our votes. How do the officers KNOW who wants to run for what position, and is it 'open' to all members? Can I ask what four positions are up for election, or we wait for the ballot in the mail? We already KNOW Chuck is staying our Viper Tech...there simply IS no other Viper Wizard!~! Just curious here!
Thank you Scott as always for your information and keeping us posted. ~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, these positions come up for election by 'snail-mail', and we send them in with our votes. How do the officers KNOW who wants to run for what position, and is it 'open' to all members? Can I ask what four positions are up for election, or we wait for the ballot in the mail? We already KNOW Chuck is staying our Viper Tech...there simply IS no other Viper Wizard!~! Just curious here!
Thank you Scott as always for your information and keeping us posted. ~juli

Excellent concerns, Julie! Thank you.

Yes, all club members will receive an election notice in the mail (this is required by our By Laws). All officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) have two (2) year terms so all the positions are up for election every other year. (Personally, I think the terms should be staggered to help with continuity, but much of our By Laws are dictated by the national VCA By Laws and at present, this is written in stone)

The notice forwarded to all members will include a list of all the present officers and slate of officers that the present Board of Directors has placed in nomination; those that the Board recommends for each officer position. ANY MEMBER can nominate themselves or any other member for any office. If there are any other nominees, there will be an election which will entail the mailing of a ballot to all members including the names of all those nominated. All these matters are handled through VCA Headquarters in order to facilitate complete third party integrity.

If I missed anything, please ask.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Scott...so the Board recommends people for nomination. Like ViperTony throwing his hat in the ring...how does that get noted on the ballot? (Tho Events Coordinator is not up for election?)
So, we will know when we get the ballot who is running for prez/vice-prez/sec and treasurer...and either vote for who is nominated or nominate someone other than who is listed? I hear ya on the terms for each officer...staggering them is a good idea. I look forward to receiving the ballot in the mail and being part of the voting process! Good Information here...thank you! ~juli

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Scott...so the Board recommends people for nomination. Like ViperTony throwing his hat in the ring...how does that get noted on the ballot? (Tho Events Coordinator is not up for election?)
So, we will know when we get the ballot who is running for prez/vice-prez/sec and treasurer...and either vote for who is nominated or nominate someone other than who is listed? I hear ya on the terms for each officer...staggering them is a good idea. I look forward to receiving the ballot in the mail and being part of the voting process! Good Information here...thank you! ~juli

Well, Viper Tony is not yet nominated for an officer position (as far as I know). To the extent he is seriously interested in being a director (typically he'd stand as a CT Events/Activity Director) all he has to do is let us know and he'll be considered by the new Board after Jan. 1. But between you, me and everyone else reading this thread, there's absolutely no doubt he'd be made a director as we are ALWAYS looking for new members who are interested in getting involved and "helping to put on the show"!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha Scott~! Now we'll see what happens with ViperTony responding here~!!! Tony??? ~juli
AWESOME that you consider others to be involved~! I'm sure each one of us has something to contribute! ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha Scott~! Now we'll see what happens with ViperTony responding here~!!! Tony??? ~juli
AWESOME that you consider others to be involved~! I'm sure each one of us has something to contribute! ~juli

Thanks for the info Scott. I'll wait to get the information in the mail before deciding whether or not I'd run for an officer position. It would be helpful to get more information on what each officer position is responsibile for. I'd be content keeping the CT membership growing and getting more involved with NY/CT events. So long as we have deviled eggs available at Chuck's tech sessions I'm happy.

Juli: You are funny...stirring the *** are we? :D I'll just have to keep you waiting until the suspense drives you nuts.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli: You are funny...stirring the *** are we? :D I'll just have to keep you waiting until the suspense drives you nuts.[quote: vipertony]

Not at all, not at all~~~~~!!!! ;) :D Just curious how it all works...I second Adrian and Scott's 'suggestions'...you'd make a HELUVA Events Director~! DRIVE ME NUTS, I'm game! :drive::drive::drive::drive: MWAH-HAH-HAHHHHHHH! ~juli

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli: You are funny...stirring the *** are we? :D I'll just have to keep you waiting until the suspense drives you nuts.[quote: vipertony]

Not at all, not at all~~~~~!!!! ;) :D Just curious how it all works...I second Adrian and Scott's 'suggestions'...you'd make a HELUVA Events Director~! DRIVE ME NUTS, I'm game! :drive::drive::drive::drive: MWAH-HAH-HAHHHHHHH! ~juli

How can anyone drive you nuts when you already ARE ;):eater:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to keep a serious line in this thread (not at all my nature), but as this is club "business" I need to make believe that I'm a distinguished president.

I'll make sure to post the names of the officer nominees on this thread (or start another) after the election letter is mailed.

Here's some general "officer" info:

The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer. The President shall have the powers and
responsibilities of management usually pertaining to the office of president of a corporation,
along with other duties that may be assigned by the National Board.

The Vice President, when the president is absent, shall perform all the duties of the President,
and when so acting, shall have all the powers and be subject to all the responsibilities of the
President. The Vice President shall have such other powers and duties that may be assigned
by the President.

The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the minutes of the Board Meetings.
The minutes shall include the time and place where such meetings were held, the names
of those present and a summary of the proceedings.

The Treasurer shall keep, or cause to be kept, adequate and correct books of accounts or
transactions involving the receipt or payment of Club funds as well as the records of
ownership of Club property. The Treasurer shall make available to any member, upon
request, the financial reports of the Club. The Treasurer, shall deposit all funds and other
valuables in the name of and to the credit of the Club with depositories approved by the Board.
The Treasurer shall disburse Club funds as properly required and shall render an account of
these transactions and of the financial condition of the Club at each Board Meeting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.