NY/CT VCA NY Auto Bus Show Trip April 4th

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT Family,

By now you should have heard about the GenV Viper debuting at the NY Auto Show in April 2012. Your NY/CT officers are working on putting together trip to the auto show. We're working on bus transportation from Tator's Dodge to the NY Auto Show and back. The idea is show up at Chuck's for some deviled eggs, board the bus and head out to the NY Auto Show. I'm trying to gauge interest to see if we have enough folks to make this cost-effective.

Additionally, we're working on a special event near the auto show to make this trip even better. Stay tuned. :headbang:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT VCA NY Auto Show Trip

Doesn't Steve own a school bus company?! That would be a riot, a bunch of grown men riding the short bus:lmao:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck just told me about it yesterday...sounds like a great idea. Would also be great, just a suggestion, if Dodge would give the club some kind of private showing of the car!

I think Steve should paint one of his buses red with white stripes and use that one to go to the show!!! Can you say, burn-out???? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, I'm pretty certain Dodge will do something special for the VCA. :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NY/CT Family,

By now you should have heard about the GenV Viper debuting at the NY Auto Show in April 2012. Your NY/CT officers are working on putting together trip to the auto show. We're working on bus transportation from Tator's ##### Garage to the NY Auto Show and back. The idea is show up at Chuck's for some deviled eggs, board the bus and head out to the NY Auto Show. I'm trying to gauge interest to see if we have enough folks to make this cost-effective.

Additionally, we're working on a special event near the auto show to make this trip even better. Stay tuned. :headbang:

Hang on now....My Rev-limiter is not working! We get a vehicle that holds at least 20 gear heads, a driver and his job is to drive, food & refreshments [Eggs/liquid] :D, red [RED] carpet treatment at THE car show....Ah....Time to plan it! :drive:

I'll forward this link to Steve. :smirk:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well figuring there'd be some or A red Viper owner on the bus I figured we'd start the planning no 'cause we all know how slow those red viper owners can be at times. :D We'll take it a step further and work on a special NY/CT club shirt for this special occassion and a few other little surprises for the trip. :2tu: A bus loaded with egg-munching Viper gear heads is SURE to be a good time, LOL. :headbang:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck just told me about it yesterday...sounds like a great idea. Would also be great, just a suggestion, if Dodge would give the club some kind of private showing of the car!

I think Steve should paint one of his buses red with white stripes and use that one to go to the show!!! Can you say, burn-out???? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh please let me know if you get a red bus with white stripes. I will be the first one there to take photos of you all on there. Hilarious.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's one...just needs wheels, a Roe SC and a few goodies and its ready!! Might be a little small for 20 gear heads, so we'll take two and race down to the show! (Notice how the background is almost a blur.....that's because this RED school bus is just tooooooooo fast!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, and our sneaky ViperCam caught Tony getting ready!!

:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

Attachments

• DSCF23561-225x300[1] (2).jpg
    DSCF23561-225x300[1] (2).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there are Buses, and there are Buses. If we can count on the same type party bus that my kids took to Wildwood on thier prom, equipped with poles, flat screen TV's, and refreshments, i am in. If it is some lame old geezer bus, I will most likely heave all over the floor so i will opt to hit the show on my own.

Thanks,
AC

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there are Buses, and there are Buses. If we can count on the same type party bus that my kids took to Wildwood on thier prom, equipped with poles, flat screen TV's, and refreshments, i am in. If it is some lame old geezer bus, I will most likely heave all over the floor so i will opt to hit the show on my own.

Thanks,
AC

Amen! And if it has a pole, I'll get us the entertainment for the ride down and back :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any idea what it might cost, estimate for round trip bus ride, entrance to car show and anything else that's part of this trip? Should be lots of fun, especially if we get to see the real Gen V!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any idea what it might cost, estimate for round trip bus ride, entrance to car show and anything else that's part of this trip? Should be lots of fun, especially if we get to see the real Gen V!

Should have some cost estimates in a week or two. Some of our brothers/sisters in the NE region may join us. I don't have details about which day of the car show will introduce the Gen5 or other logistics, yet. Soon grasshoper, soon. :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool, thanks Tony....should be quite the event!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool, thanks Tony....should be quite the event!

Peter, for a nice 47 person coach bus with reclining seats, tv's, DVD, etc. (sorry no pole BUT you can bring your own) the cost would be $23pp if the bus is filled. I think that's a great price for a fun, stress-free trip to/from the auto show. Add a few more dollars for a special t-shirt commemorating the trip. :D Think eggs and Vipers. Unfortunately, I don't have the agenda for the auto show yet. But I think the game plan would be to arrive/gorge on eggs at Tator's the morning of the unveil, then board the magic bus to the show. Head back later than night after a special dinner for the group. :2tu: I know some of our NE members are also interested in the idea. Maybe we'll need two buses! I should be able to announce the final cost/plan at our holiday party on 12/10. But this is what I've come up with so far.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great price....soooo looking forward to this one. By the way (since there's no pole) are we allowing kids on this particular trip? Just askin', as I'd love to take Alex. If not, no biggie, we'll just go another time as a family day out.

Is Steve going to drive this bus.....you know, 15 minutes from Chuck's to Manhattan would be right up Steve's alley!!! :lmao::crazy2::lmao::omg::lmao::crazy2::lmao:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be in NY for the autoshow with my son - we stay at a hotel close to Times Square.
If there is a viewing of the Viper before the public sees we want to know and attend ...

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be in NY for the autoshow with my son - we stay at a hotel close to Times Square.
If there is a viewing of the Viper before the public sees we want to know and attend ...

I suspect something special will be done for VCA members. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great price....soooo looking forward to this one. By the way (since there's no pole) are we allowing kids on this particular trip? Just askin', as I'd love to take Alex. If not, no biggie, we'll just go another time as a family day out.

Is Steve going to drive this bus.....you know, 15 minutes from Chuck's to Manhattan would be right up Steve's alley!!! :lmao::crazy2::lmao::omg::lmao::crazy2::lmao:

Peter, kids should not be a problem.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice, thanks!

Hope you had a nice Christmas and would like to wish you a very Happy New Year!

:)

Peter

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice, thanks!

Hope you had a nice Christmas and would like to wish you a very Happy New Year!

:)

Peter

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you and your family Peter!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OI you got my van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's one...just needs wheels, a Roe SC and a few goodies and its ready!! Might be a little small for 20 gear heads, so we'll take two and race down to the show! (Notice how the background is almost a blur.....that's because this RED school bus is just tooooooooo fast!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, and our sneaky ViperCam caught Tony getting ready!!

:rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't make the auto show but can make VOI if its on the Esat coast fingers crossed......

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That would be very cool, Baz! Would be great if they decided to hold VOI somewhere close to or in the Northeastern part of the US.