NY/CT VCA NY Auto Bus Show Trip April 4th

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT VCA NY Auto Show Trip April 4th

Any word on parking at the event...I read that it will be held in a large open building. Since it's in the evening, I'm working on babysitting as it looks like my wife will be traveling. If that is the case, it would be better for me to take my car so I can leave when I feel it is necessary without having to wait for the bus to leave.

Thanks!

04vpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

please add one more to the list John M.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's see if the weather is nice, my options are get on a bus with 30 other guys who just had devilled eggs or drive down in style with the top down in my viper:dunno: that's a tough one:lmao:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hmmmmm, Moundir, that's a very good point!:crazy2:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's no word on parking for the event. As I posted in the VCA Member's only forum: VCA officials have told me that SRT officials told them there would be Viper parking at the event. Whatever that is, is being worked on by SRT and details will come out from them at some point. No idea when.

I believe that if the weather is nice that day many will drive their Vipers into NYC. The bus ride list is short at this point. Many of the members I've spoken with are either going directly to the event, wanting to ride the bus IF the weather is poor and are on the fence as what to do. Others love the bus idea but will be staying over night. One thing is for certain NY/CT is going to have a very strong turnout at party! We can obtain a bus bigger/smaller based on the turnout. I think Carmen down in PA is renting a van/shuttle to haul his members to/from the event. On Sunday, I'm meeting with our NY/CT leaders to discuss our options, cost for the trip, etc. I will have to set a deadline to sign up for the bus soon. I should be able to post the cost/intinerary next week.
Oh, and in case anyone is worried about riding on the bus with a bunch of people who just consumed deviled eggs: the bus is vented. :lmao:

Magic Bus Riders
Peter
Tony + 1
Viperguynick
Chuck
Greg + 1
JPL+2
Sophia
Nick
Mike B
Mark
Ed
Courtney
Mike G
Bobby D
04vpr

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Willem (InjectTheVenom) is looking to attend the unveiling as a guest and is looking for a fellow member to invite him to the unveiling. For more details, PM InjectTheVenom if you think you can help. Thanks.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see I'm still on the list for the bus. Any word on parking...think I may take my car down.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see I'm still on the list for the bus. Any word on parking...think I may take my car down.

There's no word on parking for the event. As I posted in the VCA Member's only forum: VCA officials have told me that SRT officials told them there would be Viper parking at the event. Whatever that is, is being worked on by SRT and details will come out from them at some point. No idea when.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quick Update, fellow member Steve DiPaolo graciously offered us the use of one his school buses (Yellow/Black Stripes :D) at a very reasonable rate. Due to the uncertainty by many would-be riders who are waiting to see what the weather is going to be, Steve's help gives us the flexibility we won't get with a coach bus contract. We can fit up to 40 people. Steve may give us his party bus if it's available on April 4th. (Not sure if it has a stripper pole). Price should be $20pp.

Additionally, we're looking to add a couple of stops (pickup/drop off points) to the route. It appears that we have many folks interested in riding the bus but Tator is a bit out of the way for them. They will be along the route, quick 5 minute pick up window. We'll post these locations as they become available.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Quick Update, fellow member Steve DiPaolo graciously offered us the use of one his school buses (Yellow/Black Stripes :D) at a very reasonable rate. Due to the uncertainty by many would-be riders who are waiting to see what the weather is going to be, Steve's help gives us the flexibility we won't get with a coach bus contract. We can fit up to 40 people. Steve may give us his party bus if it's available on April 4th. (Not sure if it has a stripper pole). Price should be $20pp.

Additionally, we're looking to add a couple of stops (pickup/drop off points) to the route. It appears that we have many folks interested in riding the bus but Tator is a bit out of the way for them. They will be along the route, quick 5 minute pick up window. We'll post these locations as they become available.

Party bus, party bus!

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not crazy about the yellow school bus idea, here is a fancy "Gala" in NYC, and we roll up like a bunch of turnips.....
:)

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not crazy about the yellow school bus idea, here is a fancy "Gala" in NYC, and we roll up like a bunch of turnips.....

We can drive in on a turnip truck and really deliver on the turnip stereotype. :)

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Magic Bus Riders

Tony + 1
Viperguynick
Chuck
Greg + 1
JPL+2
Sophia
Nick
Mike B
Mark
Ed
Courtney
Mike G
Bobby D
04vpr Martin + 1
3 New England Members

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

By the way, what is the dress code?

Somebody said "New York Chic" so i watched Project Runway with my wife the other night when it was a slow night in the NHL to try to figure out what this New York Chic thing is :lmao: I'm leaning toward waiting for the public viewing now...:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tator's Garage is sponsoring the bus ride!

All the riders need to do is tip the Driver.
:money: :2tu:

Also if you are driving in from far away and don't want to drive home that night, there are rooms available at http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=DNBDHGI This Hotel is 15 mins North of me.

JPL....Get over it! :spank:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big thanks to "Mr. Wizard"! Still undecided about the bus...decisions, decisions! For dress code, thinkin' golf shorts, cowboy boots, sheer midriff top and a leather golf cap! Should scate the media away....hey are we penalizediff we wear business casual, slacks, nice shirt and sport jacket? Or, is that not chick enough?

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tator's Garage is sponsoring the bus ride!

All the riders need to do is tip the Driver.
:money: :2tu:

Also if you are driving in from far away and don't want to drive home that night, there are rooms available at http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=DNBDHGI This Hotel is 15 mins North of me.

JPL....Get over it! :spank:

I don't mind, I just thought there would be a better way to represent the NY/CT VCA & Tators Garage than that, but if we're all in agreement, who am I to stand in the way.........I just want to ask, is it a regular school bus or a short yellow bus, like the kind Chuck used to take to school? :drooler:

:pbt:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If its gotta be a school bus, then let's do it in school bus style!!!

:rolaugh::lmao:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

From left to right: JPL, ViperTony & Chuck :lmao:

The bus is a 44 passenger! :moon:

Hey, look at that, Chuck is wearing a yellow/black t-shirt. I knew Chuck was a closet yellow fan. :) Oh, gas masks are optional but recommended for the bus ride. :D

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

any word on the drop off points yet? Huge thanks to CHUCK for paying the bus fare!!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Tony, thought I posted the other day.....I'm definitely on for the bus ride! Especially if Chuck is drivin' :lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Tony, thought I posted the other day.....I'm definitely on for the bus ride! Especially if Chuck is drivin' :lmao::rolaugh::lmao::rolaugh:

Hmmm....not sure if Chuck can handle driving something Yellow/Black. ;) I'll add you to the list. Also, we should have pickup locations by the end of the week.