NY/CT Viper Autocross (FINALLY!!!)

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday 7/28 at 9:30am, NY/CT Viper club and NY BMW club will join to host an autocross at the Nassau Coliseum parking lot #8. All Vipers will run together and will get 4 runs in the morning and 4 more after lunch. This event is free to VCA members and $20 for nonmembers. Also if you want to bring a guest who doesn't
have a Viper they can run with their own car. Please keep it limited to only 1 non-Viper guest or we will be standing around a lot. There is no better way to learn car control while having friendly competition for times. Call Joe Oneto 914-428-1569  or look under "EVENTS" at NY/CT VCA

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is any special safety equipment needed? Snell 95 helmet (snell 90?). Driving suit or jacket needed? Any other considerations that a first time participant should be aware of...?
Just a thought, but would they entertain the possibility of bringing a shifter kart to the event?

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a helmet, bring it but they usually have loaners, bring comfortable shoes, sun screen and liquids, sometimes they require this long pants and long sleeve shirt...also bring a piece of plastic or a tarp to put your stuff under in case it rains.

look at BMW site for details on autocross
email them about the kart

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is any special safety equipment needed? Snell SA95 (or snell SA90) helmet, driving suit, jacket? Any considerations for a first time particpant to be aware of...?
Would it be all right to bring along a shifterkart to run?

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the URL above for specifics and yes you need a Snell 1990 or later helmet
contact Charles Karnati 
NY Chapter Autocross Contact 
[email protected]
(718) 422-0414 
for questions about the kart

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the contact information. I will make a post (bump) when I get an answer from the BMW Chapter. Sorry for the two similar posts, I was convinced I had deleted the first post and then made a second similar post a little later in the day...

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the BMW club which is hosting the event, their club only allows street legal cars in autocross events. As a result
shifterkarts cannot be run.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure someone has a tire gage. Could mean the difference of full second. An umbrella is also a great thing for when you have to work a corner.

Have a great safe time!