NYC Area Detailing Needed

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone use (or know of) a good and responsible detailing company in the NYC area for a Viper (say, within 20 miles)?

I think I'm in the mood for some polish and clean up work. Might include some touch up too. Gotta be good, responsible and honest. I'll pay, but don't need to have more problems when I pick up the car than when I left it.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake, Roslyn Mobile does incredible detail work for upmarket vehicles in your parking lot while you work.. They have been around for years and work on the North Shore of LI. They do it all via a van. Don't know how far they will cover. Let me know if you want more info.
Bob :2tu: :usa:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate the response! I see that Newport went so far as to even post in my behalf! Damn, your rep would be gone if I turned out to be a deadbeat! :D

So far I've found a detailer in Staten Island (through Jay and autopia.org) that has an excellent rep. He'll also do the car while I wait (even show me each step and give tips), although it's a 3 hour process. Entire exterior, including cleaning, clay, compound, polish/wax and sealer. He'll include the quarter size "X" where some a$$wipe keyed my car. Also includes interior leather, dash and carpets (steam cleaned). All for $150, which is pretty cheap for this part of the world.

What I like the most is that he doesn't charge extra to clean up the scratches and I can watch (though I'll probably have a big breakfast with one of my SI buddies. :D

I'll report back with the results. The guy apparently does mostly show cars so he expects "better than showroom" results. Frankly, I'd be happy with a bit less.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...........but you'd better flatbed it home in an enclosed trailer and get the cover over it for the winter ASAP. Wouldn't want any dust to settle on the car...

AC

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...........but you'd better flatbed it home in an enclosed trailer and get the cover over it for the winter ASAP. Wouldn't want any dust to settle on the car...
AC
If you weren't younger, stronger and bigger than me I'd lay you out for that windbreaking remark AC! ;)

I'm pretty sure I won't even recognize my car after this guy's done with it. Three years of serious use and lame attempts at cleaning are showing, big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi