Ocean City MD - Spring Car Cruise May 19th-21st

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals - just my yearly reminder that Spring Cruising OC car cruise is scheduled to be held the weekend of May 19th through the 21st. For those who have not been, the cruise is essentially the Midatlantic version of the Woodward Dream Cruise. The 13 mile stretch of Ocean Highway is filled with cars of every description from Model A's to Diablos - last year over 3000 cars registered. Usually a small group of local Viper owners meet up to watch the parade.

Cops have already begun to spread the word of enforcement so please don't expect to get too heavy with the foot this year. Besides the road surface isn't the best to show-off on, last year a fellow member totaled his car when he lost control at an intersection.

If anyone would like to meet up during the weekend please feel free to post here...

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bonkers- I was planning to head down to my place at the beach for this event. Weather permitting w/ Viper. Is no one else going?

I dont see where there is an actual "cruise" except poss on the boardwalk...

Ken

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The boardwalk cruise and the ******* show are the only two "offical" events being held over the weekend. You can enter and win prizes for both. The Inlet parking lot last year was filled to the brim even with the rain.

As of right now I have a couple of local guys saying they'll be down but don't know when. I'm trying to convince Vipermad to bring his beast down. Steve Grey and WANTED (both board members) tend to come in for a few. I'm hoping to spend as much time down there as possible - just look for the red on rustoleum GTS. If you want to meet up this is the place to post...

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but I'm planning to come down the following weekend (Memorial Day weekend). You guys have any plans then? I wasn't planning to bring the snake but I'm sure I could be persuaded.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be down Friday 19th-Sunday.Will look for other snakes..

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Cars are already starting to arrive. Matched up against a sweet 55 chevy about an hour ago. Weather (as usual) is iffy at best, but Saturday may turn out to be awesome - 76d and sunny.

If I see ya, I'll see ya...

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys drive up on saturday to cecil county dragway for the vette/viper shootout.
its only about 1 1/2 hour drive, would be a good cruise for the vipers. I have
a match race against the fastest posted times for the new Z06.

tom

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Im leaving for OC now, u guys can call me on the cell at 202-369-5420 and we can all meet up at some point!

Jamie, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner, however i just got the car back from Underground Racing and was there for a bit, i PM'd you!

Bonkers, i'll see ur crazy asp there :)

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am here and the cops are overdoing it this year :mad:

so far 2 srts and a blue and white coupe :2tu:

10 zo6's

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
Update: Viper didn't make it down after blowing out the rear 20" tire that had less than 500 miles on :'( I blew it out on the bay bridge and put the spare on and limped her home gently. No damage to the rim thank god. Im in my Silver 06 Mustang GT. I'll keep an eye out for you guys!

OP
OP
Bonkers

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
7000+ cars registered. Saw a Bently GT last night, a ferrari 430, a bakers dozen Shelby Cobras, even a superbird.

One thing though, the cops are really getting out of hand. The cruising was going fairly well most of the night, but then at 3am they turned into real ********. I saw people getting pulled over for chirping tires. A Silver Z06 pulled out of a side street and floored it to get into traffic (wasn't even being risky) and an unmarked Impala nailed him. I miss the good old days when they used to light them up three abreast at the lights.

One thing though, other than a glimpse of a red srt (floorin??) I didn't see a single viper or Ford GT. I'll be down after work tonight (midnight??) and plan to spend the entire day cruising tomorrow.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing though, other than a glimpse of a red srt (floorin??) I didn't see a single viper or Ford GT. I'll be down after work tonight (midnight??) and plan to spend the entire day cruising tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

If a 56 chevy and a challenger beside me then you probably did only get a glimpse of me ;) lol."wife is still a pale color after that little burst :2tu: "