OCT 17th, CT Foliage Cruise & Brunch

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When: Sunday Oct. 17th
Time: 8:15 AM, Departing 8:30 AM Sharp
Where/Meeting Spot: Sears in the CT Post Shopping Mall Milford CT
(1201 Boston Post Road Milford CT 06460) : http://westfield.com/connecticutpost/gettinghere/
Brunch Buffet: $30 per person including one drink (think mimosa)
Come and join us for a cruise to see the fall colors. :drive:If you aren't going to the karting event, come here instead! This week is forecast to be the peak foliage and the shoreline is a little behind the inland areas so we should be hitting it right at peak time! :2tu: First we'll cruise to East Rock Park to the top of the mountain where we'll have fantastic views of Long Island Sound, New Haven Harbor, and the surrounding countryside. From there we'll cruise on over to West Rock Park where we'll be further inland on another mountain peak with further views of the countryside. We'll spend about 15 minutes at each location for picture taking. From there we'll cruise on the Wilbur Cross/Merritt Parkway, the New Yorkers would know it as the Hutchinson Parkway down their end. The Merritt Parkway is on the National Historic Register and is one of the most scenic highways. Look at the bridges, every one was designed to be different and there is a museum and books on both the bridges and Merritt if you have further interest. Our brunch destination is scenic Splash Restaurant on Long Island Sound in Westport CT in a country club. Splash is noted as one of the best restaurants not only in CT but in the United States. Their brunch buffet is unequaled. Ask anyone that went there this summer, they all loved it!

Links from previous events to the parks and Splash:
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-york-connecticut/637842-splash-brunch-cruise-ct-sun-july-18th.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-york-connecticut/636597-ct-texas-roadhouse-cruise.html

Please let me know how many are planning on attending as soon as you can and also if you have to cancel. Splash is a very popular place, especially for Sunday Brunch, and they have to plan for us all to be able to sit together. Thank You!

Attending so far:
Jimmy/1
Mike/Beth

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, what time would this event be over? Trying to judge if I could make it.
We would be arriving at Splash around 11:00 AM and imagine we would be there until 12:30 maybe. I have a time line of where we should be at what time if you want to join us at one of the the two parks. :drive:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have sunglasses that block UVB rays, blueblockers, wear them, it greatly enhances the colors of the leaves. I was wearing on the merritt today, what a difference it makes! My family calls mine the magic glasses!

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, what time would this event be over? Trying to judge if I could make it.

Pete, the food at "SPLASH" is worth the trip :2tu: Jimmy put me down for a BIG maybe I might come by after I collect money from the karting event :D but I want be in the Viper :(

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attending so far:
Jimmy/1
Mike/Beth
Mike/Gina?
Steven/Maria
?????Adrian??????

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy took me on a preview drive before we left for SLC, you guys will definately enjoy the route! That in itself is beautiful already and the view from the mountain peaks is amazing.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys want to their is a real nice event going on is Scarsdale today, www.scarsdaleconcours.org I am bringing my GT3RS, I was going to bring the ACR but they have one coming, a black/driver stripe I believe. If you stop by come and say hello otherwise enjoy your run, it's gonna be a beautiful day!

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing the snakes out to play, Mike, Ed, Courtney. Always a good time hanging out and who knows how much longer before our snakes go hibernate for the winter. Howard, it was great to meet you and thanks for making the trip from the island! I think you take more pictures than Ed and I do! lol Join the club, have some fun with your Viper, we have a Christmas party coming up in Dec. If you need any help, send me a private message. Trying to get the pics up from today but the Tators Tech Session videos are days days to upload! :omg: Thanks for the slideshow Ed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang