Official ACR info

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my new Autoweek, and it has official info the new ACR.

The bullet points:
Same HP and torque
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups
Sidewinder wheels
StopTech 2 piece slotted brakes
coil over racing dampers from KW Suspensions
new front stablizer bar
3 inch "fanged" front splitter
carbon fiber 7 way adjustable rear wing
radical 2 tone paint scheme- blacked out hood, roof and trunk/tail lid

And a "*********" package that:
deletes the entire audio system, hood pad, trunk carpet and tire inflator.

Botton line- "priced under $100,000 according to Herb Helbig

Last edited:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope that its going to be lighter unless it will be pointless, I also think it should use multi spoke wheels like the old ones and atleast a small increase of HP. Was there a drawing or a picture of it becuase it sounds like the one shown at Sema?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this car fit the description pretty much
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this car fit the description pretty much
You must be registered for see images

Same wheels and front splitter. The ACR is a coupe with the tall wing and a much more radical paint job though. It made the cover of Autoweek, but I don't have access to a scanner- I'm sure someone will chime in soon to post the pictures. It looks badas*

The sidewinder wheels and cup tires drop around 40 pounds, and the ********* package drops another 40 pounds.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope Autoweek is wrong and that it also has some of the Mopar engine/HP upgrades.

The reduced weight, stabilizer bar, wing & splitter and tires will reduce lap times somewhat, but they won't help in the 1/4 mile magazine comparisons ...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Why would dodge tip their hand too much when it comes to engine/hp upgrades in light of the pending ZRcorvettewhatever release by chebby? Especially when the first '08 has even yet to hit the streets.

Something like this fits the description better:
viper081.jpg

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Rocket62,

Yes, agree. This is more like what I had in mind, but at least 200 lbs lighter (compared with stock) and with 675 hp.

I can easily make the changes noted above using aftermarket parts.

Dan

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So assuming that they are using the OEM Sidewinder wheels in 18x10 front and 19x13 rear sizes, does this mean that the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup will now be made available in OEM Viper sizes (275/35/18 front and 345/30/19 rear)?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lord I hope that is not true. It waters down what the ACR is all about. If it is going to be a piece of junk "Aero" package, give me a break!

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems to me that this propsed ACR package is a significant upgrade over the 1999 to 2002 original ACR package where you received shocks, springs, BBS wheels, 10 HP, five point harness and that was about it? This new package appears to provide among other things upgraded brakes, rear downforce in the form of an adjustable wing, larger stabilzer bars, adjustable shocks and springs and tangible cosmetics for the body to distinguish the package. For myself and most folks 600HP is sufficient for the weekend club racer? This new ACR gives the club racer better brakes, an adjustable suspension and an adjustable rear wing with 600 HP in a bullet proof package under warranty on a race proven fully sorted out chassis. Who would have thought in 1999 or 2002 with our 460 HP ACRs we would have been unhappy with "only" 600 HP for our weekend racer?? LOL

However I suspect all of us in the Viper nation are looking over our collective shoulder at the new ZR1 rumored to have 650 RWHP. Perhaps we should remember since it's inception the Viper guys at Dodge have not let the Viper ever fall behind the Vette in terms of performance and I doubt they will stop now? Helbig is still there and unless they are prevented by the new owners, congress or the insurance industry I think they will take care of business as they always have? My two cents.

All I need to know is when Bill P. can order mine and if they can throw out the AC with all that other unnecessary weight?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, you are getting a "body kit" for "downward force"

Cant wait for the lights under the sills of the car to make it glow at night. Yeah....thats an ACR.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the deal....
It is going to take alot more than a "splitter" to make a car an ACR. As you can read above,

There is no horsepower change. Zero.
A splitter and a wing are only good in certain circumstances on a track, and really harkens to the car becoming a ricer.
Wow....they take out the hood pad and the tire inflator. Cant we do that in like, I don't know, 3 minutes?
They "black out" sections of the car.

And most telling......the original ACR had 5 point safety harnesses for racing. Here? Nothing.

Rice.

Just telling it like it is, from what is reported.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lest you think we are napping, stay tuned for the official word (and more!) from your VCA. Meet back here on Friday morning or so? :D

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, please, please do not get this car wrong. I do like the smiley, however. Good omen.

You officers are always doing the "kiss and tell". Must be nice to be part of the secret handshake club.

Waiting patiently in the dark until enlightened......

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the deal....
It is going to take alot more than a "splitter" to make a car an ACR. As you can read above,

You are soooo far off base.

If the shocks are 3-way adjustable then that is huge for tracking. The GenII ACR shocks didn't have height adjustment which was a major shortcoming for a car with a "Club Racer" moniker.

Also, the GenII ACR didn't have two-piece rotors. Another major mistake for a car with ACR badging.

To some it up the GenII ACR was a major disappointment from a tracker's perspective. The 08 is already a killer in stock form, if the reports of these upgrades are accurate then this will be the first TRUE Viper ACR.

The choice between a 08 stocker or a CC is already difficult. Now this ACR makes things even more complicated.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget about the swing arm oil pickup on the 2008's. That was a major drawback from the earlier cars, correct.

Maybe some aftermarket headers, exhaust, and intake massaging can add some relatively cheap extra horsepower too.

We should all be happy that Dodge/Cerebus is even making the darn thing:2tu: It shows us that they are not resting on their laurels.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... The choice between a 08 stocker or a CC is already difficult. Now this ACR makes things even more complicated.

You have a point ... especially, as I recall, since the Comp Coupe is still NOT offered with the 600HP 8.4L engine (still only available with the prior 8.3L), correct? If that's the case, then this proposed 'ACR' might become the fastest track Viper of all ...

... if this is all true, then I would hope Dodge would also offer just one more factory line-item option: the Mopar 'Race' headers, exhaust, PCM, etc. with the +75HP, for the ultimate not-street-legal/track-only ACR Viper ...:2tu:

(and then get us some lap-time test results from the Gerberbabyring in Germany)

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32