Official ACR info

R

Rockafella

The new ACR will be nasty. Point blank, bottom line!!

But I agree, it's gonna need A LOT more to compete w/ the ZR1 which just isn't right. To quote another source from another site and not trying to start anything...

"There was a new LS-9 equipped ZR-1 Vette at VIR this weekend, a GM test mule. Before they ran everyone out and sealed the track, it was observed to lap ~5 seconds faster than a C6 Z06 and ~2.5 seconds faster than the fastest pro-driven Carrera GT lap I have witnessed."

For refrence here's other times at VIR:
Of course, these cars have different drivers but you can still put something into perspective here, and that's the fact that the new ZR-1 is gonna be nasty. The best part about this ACR compared to the ZR-1 is that I'm willing to bet anyone here that you'll be able to get this ACR at 1/2 the price of the new ZR-1 after dealer mark-up...

E46 M3.......................................2.19
Porsche 997.................................2.16
Stock C5 Z06..............................2.14
Porsche 997 Turbo, ~500rwhp........2.12
Lamborghini Gallardo, street tires.....2.12
Stock C6 Z06...............................2.11
Factory Five Cobra........................2.10
Cobra-R pro race team...................2.10
Factory Mustang FR500c (race car)..2.09
Porsche GT3 w/slicks.....................2.09
2003 Viper w/slicks.......................2.08
C6 Z06 with slicks.........................2.05
C5 Z06 T1 track record..................2.04
Porsche GT3 Cup (race car)............2.02
Stock Carrera GT (Randy Pobst).......2.02
ZR-1 Vette (test mule)...................2.00 (not sure if this thing has slicks or not but damn, let's hope so)

And YES, the ZR1 is very real for those doubting it (this is not at VIR, but w/ Johnny O behind the wheel). - Corvette ZR1 Contest: 2009 Corvette ZR1 Caught On Video At Laguna Seca Vettegasm!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your two cents are off. Not Stop-Tech calipers, but Stop-Tech 2pc. rotors. Any two piece rotor with the proper aluminum hat is going to save approximately 11 pounds per corner. That is alot of unsprung weight savings. :)

Redsled --

Actually, my question was in fact regarding the weight and effectiveness of the Stoptech rotors, not just calipers and pads. Sorry if I did not make that clear. I would agree that if in fact the Stoptechs offer 11 pounds or more of weight savings in unsprung weight per corner, that this would be significant, especially combined with the aditional 8-10 lbs per conrner saved from use of the Sidewinders and Pilot Sport Cups. I assume that the Cups are even lighter than the standard PS2s. Do you have firsthand experience with this particular Stoptech rotor package? If so, do you also have any driving impressions?

I wonder if these are the same Stoptech two-piece rotors that are on the Partsrack website:

Online Shopping

Jon B, if you are monitoring this thread, any insight you can shed on the Stoptechs? Thanks.

/Rich

Last edited:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

But I agree, it's gonna need A LOT more to compete w/ the ZR1 which just isn't right. To quote another source from another site and not trying to start anything...

"There was a new LS-9 equipped ZR-1 Vette at VIR this weekend, a GM test mule. Before they ran everyone out and sealed the track, it was observed to lap ~5 seconds faster than a C6 Z06 and ~2.5 seconds faster than the fastest pro-driven Carrera GT lap I have witnessed."

Of course, these cars have different drivers but you can still put something into perspective here, and that's the fact that the new ZR-1 is gonna be nasty. The best part about this ACR compared to the ZR-1 is that I'm willing to bet anyone here that you'll be able to get this ACR at 1/2 the price of the new ZR-1 after dealer mark-up...

ZR-1 Vette (test mule)...................2.00 (not sure if this thing has slicks or not but damn, let's hope so)

And YES, the ZR1 is very real for those doubting it (this is not at VIR, but w/ Johnny O behind the wheel). - Corvette ZR1 Contest: 2009 Corvette ZR1 Caught On Video At Laguna Seca Vettegasm!

They sealed the track and just before leaving???? What did the guy have a stop watch with him? And why seal the track? WAs it puking coolant all over ?
I'll stick with a company that actually stands behind there product and listens to the owners.
And before you go off on some kind of rant, yes I had a C6 Z06 and GM bought it back. Enough said....

R

Rockafella

I think you missed the point of my post buddy. Where did you get the idea that I wasn't pulling for the viper??

All I'm saying is what others have already typed as well. The new ACR will be no contest for the new ZR1 and I was hoping otherwise. That is all. But honestly, how many times have we been able to say that the viper is the best bang for the buck when compared to a vette?? Exactly:D

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redsled --

Do you have firsthand experience with this particular Stoptech rotor package? If so, do you also have any driving impressions?

/Rich

Yes, I run the 2 pc rotors on my World Challenge GTS that you see in my avatar. I've run the full Stop-Tech system with 2 pc rotors as well as my current set up which is the Brembos that are on the Gen 3's. I use the 2 pc rotors for that set up as well. There are many companies that make 2 pc rotors for all generations of Vipers. I have no numerical statistics for stopping distances from the 2pc rotors but losing 44 lbs of rotating mass cannot hurt.
California and Earthquakes. You sure got me on that one Law man! :lmao:
Thats it I'm packing up tonite.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I await the grand announcements tomorrow with interest. I think we need to get back to the fact this is an ACR post and not put up with Vette commentary, especially from someone who has four posts total at the time that I write this post.

One question I now have is why the monotone colors have color coordinated wings and stripes. Would this car be great with a monotone paint scheme and CLEAR COATED Black CARBON FIBER splitter, canards, and wing? Combined with those sidwinder black wheels? That car would have my vote.

I would like to thank Dodge and the VCA for making this car possible. People need to look at the potential of this car. It is the first ACR in six years. Mopar has bolt ons to push the horsepower north of the stock car. Les Quam has it right. What other car company has addressed the needs and wants of what is seriously a small segment of car enthusiasts in the overall scheme of car production and volume? In the real world of four dollar gas, we should appreciate that this car even exists.

Last edited:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Of course, these cars have different drivers but you can still put something into perspective here, and that's the fact that the new ZR-1 is gonna be nasty...

Time out.

Your credibility is in serious question, showing up now with only 4 total posts. But ignoring that (just for a moment), let's look at some of your information.

Where do you come by this handy library of lap times at VIR? It seems like your information was originally recorded and passed along from a Vette fan ... very suspect.

You information claims that an '03 Viper, with slicks, is 3 seconds slower than a C6Z06 with slicks ... more credibility warning flags.

You said different drivers. That's a BIG BIG -- no, make that, HUGE, difference.

What about different conditions on different days? Different temperatures? Different moisture? Or, were all these cars out there on the same day in some sort of amature track day? If so, then obviously, the information is pure garbage.

And back to the drivers, who do you think would be driving a ZR1 test mule? A pro? Obviously. And the times would then not be comparable to the others.

But here's what we already do know as fact. The '08 Viper is faster than the prior '03-'06 Viper. The '08 Viper was faster than the C6 Z06 in head-to-head testing at VIR earlier this year. And Dodge claims that the new ACR will be 'seconds' faster than the standard '08 Viper.

... Now back to that credibility stuff. Why would you RUN over here to the VCA site, just after the ACR was announced, and then post all this ZR1 hype but "I'm pulling for the Viper" stuff, with only a few prior posts??? hmmmm. :rolleyes:

Please, quietly, just go back to the land of Chebby lubbers. :rolaugh:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I run the 2 pc rotors on my World Challenge GTS that you see in my avatar. I've run the full Stop-Tech system with 2 pc rotors as well as my current set up which is the Brembos that are on the Gen 3's. I use the 2 pc rotors for that set up as well. There are many companies that make 2 pc rotors for all generations of Vipers. I have no numerical statistics for stopping distances from the 2pc rotors but losing 44 lbs of rotating mass cannot hurt.
California and Earthquakes. You sure got me on that one Law man! :lmao:
Thats it I'm packing up tonite.

Redsled --

Regarding a potential 44 lb weight savings, I just noticed on the Partsrack website that the slotted, 2-piece Stoptech rotor package is only for the fronts. I know that for many big brake upgrades like the Brembo kits, you can only replace the front rotors. I wonder if the ACR Stoptechs are at all four corners or only the fronts as well? Again, Jon B or Chris/Y2K5SRT, do you have any "insider" information on this? Thanks!

/Rich

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you want to stick your head in the sand ostrich style and pretend the ZR1 aint coming...I remember some of you saying the same thing about the Z06.....It is going to be a reality....I was just hoping for more frome Chrysler....ACR should be like the GT3 Porsche...Car should have come in at least under 3200 lbs and have 650hp at the very least.....I suspect this is all the new owners were ok with.....Its a killer car to be sure just have a problem with the use of "********" and 3370lbs and the same hp output....Its not like they dont know whats coming from GM.....

I know my views are unpopular but as a long time Viper nut Im disappointed in the "aftermarket" looks and minimal attention to weight reduction......Owners have lost over 100lbs on there Vipers surely the factory could do better...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that list is accurate you just basically made the test mule look downright pathetic.....Its only .08 faster than a 2003 Viper and .05 faster than the Z06 with them being on slicks....Im pretty sure the 08 Viper with slicks would easily beat a 2.00
time on that particular track configuration.....Obviously this isnt the whole 4+ mile track for those times to make sense....

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great news: From Y2K5SRT's official post it looks like the weight reducing Stoptech rotors are available at all four corners. Also, it looks like Michelin is in fact coming out with the Pilot Sport Cups in the stock rear size of 345/30/19.

/Rich

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those VIR times actually make more of a case for the ACR against the mysterious unnanounced "Sasquatch" Vette.
Stock C6 Z06 runs 2.05. WITH SLICKS! Stock 08 Viper was 1 or 2 seconds faster than STOCK tire Z at VIR if I recall correctly. Both done by Car and Driver but on DIFFERENT days and the humidity was MUCH higher on the Viper day.
So let's start with the stock Z time quoted above with slicks and assume it was faster than the car and driver run, no worries, this is bench racing we can still win.
So let's say an 08 Viper ran 2.04 as I can't remember if it was 1 or 2 seconds faster we will be conservative and go with one second.
Could we factor in a second point for humidity? Nah, we can't do that, we don't know when the Z with the slicks ran, but can we take a second off for the race tires?
So the 08 Viper is at 2.03
We're getting closer to that 2.0 ain't we.
Now how much is Jan Magnussen or Ron Fellows worth in that mule? Cause I would bet a fair amount of money it was one of them in the mule. We DO know how slow the car mags are don't we? And that mule was tweaked like a C6R believe me, Chebby is getting good at this "Sasquatch" sighting stuff.
So could we conservatively say that Ron or Jan are worth 2 seconds over the Car and Driver chump?
So let's put Ron or Jan in the 08 Viper. Now we're at 2.01 for the stock non ACR Viper 08.
Now let's take SRT's conservative statement that the ACR wil be "seconds" ahead of the 08, so let's take the first iteration of seconds, which could not be less than two.
Now the 08 ACR runs 1.59
Whoa....we just beat the "Sasquatch"!! Ain't bench racing fun!! Thank you Rockafella for helping us out. After all the VCA Members registrations I put through last night to get them on the site I just knew you had to be a Chebby mole when you showed up.
One last point, remember the numbers 1.5G lateral force and 1000 lbs of downforce for the ACR. These are REALLY big numbers and I sure don't see any C6R aero mods on that "Sasquatch" car. It's gonna need a lot more help to stay with an ACR on a fast track than just 50HP. It ain't all about the HP in a road race.
Make mine Black. Gotta go call some dealers now. Poor Pemberton, his cell phone started ringing at what, 4am?

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I am not sure why someone thinks those times arent for the full track. They certainly are. I have a number of 2.16's full track on street tires in my old ACR for VIR.

But the rest of the data being accurate and true, well that I cant confirm.

Jon

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the "competition group" that was advertised on Dodge.ca - Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home several weeks ago and then got deleted by Dodge in a hurry with the explanation that someone had "hacked" into the website and planted it there causing a lot of embarrassment.

Really?:omg: Did a man in a black suit and sunglasses :cool: show up in your pm box and say look into this light for a minute? :cool: ****!! What ACR?? :dunno: You really don't remember an ACR do you? :confused: Sorry about that, had to be done. This was a MUCH more fun way to announce it. And it WAS on that site in error. But belated props to you for catching it at the time. Let it be known you were the first to know here.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome :omg::omg::omg: thats one serious setup

anyone know when this color going to be available ? i think i like this color combination more

viper081.jpg

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with the new ACR color combos, how many different color combos will be available now in 08:omg: :headbang:

I though I heard 86 before the ACR come out.

Dodge Rocks:2tu:

R

Rockafella

I love how you guys automatically "assume" that one has little car knowledge because of their post count on "this" forum. Team Lead Engineers could come on this site and post a tad bit of information and the masses here would assume their stupidity because of their post count.

Don't let a bias mindset and wishful thinking cloud your judgement fellas. Some of you need a serious paradigm shift in the way you go about justifying your comments, etc. because you don't know me or what I know about performance cars and basing the validity or purpose of my post on my post count is juvenile to say the least.

You guys should be picking on the people here with a high post count posting non-sense about the new gen ACR not being a big enough improvement or suitable to backing up the ACR heritage. Oh wait, those are the same "loyal" viper members/owners here that own previous gen ACR's and have the same mindset that the majority here has, "That their car can't possibly not be the baddest anymore." Give it up guys. If they keep releasing vipers year after year and do NOT make improvements, then people need to be fired for not doing their jobs. Continuous improvement is their job folks. New vipers are NOT going to be released w/o improvements.

This new ACR will be the baddest "off the show-room floor" viper yet. And 600hp is an amazing amount of horsepower to be getting from the dealer, especially when combined with a well thought-out package. Bottom Line, I was hoping the ACR would be the answer for the ZR1. IT IS NOT. If you can possibly conjure up a way for this ACR to beat the ZR1 that weighs 200+lbs less, has at least 50 more horsepower and combines better gearing then go ahead and dream all your dear hearts away but it isn't going to happen. I dreamed of an ACR w/ 675hp, carbon fiber everywhere and weighing in at 3100lbs. They delivered an awesome car, just not what I and others here have dreamed of.

Fortunately, the powers that be aren't going to ask that we pay twice as much for the ACR which is exactly what Chevy (coupled with it's ******** Dealer Mark-Ups) is going to ask of its loyal fans.

And about those numbers at VIR. You have people making comments about said car only being .02 faster or slower and this and that (you do realize that we are talking in minutes here and that this means that there is a 2 second gap). These are the performance "newbs" that obviously don't realize what gaining a couple of FULL SECONDS on the road course consists of. The ZR1 tested probably had a pro-driver and I can only assume slicks. Hell, the mag test had the new viper faster than the current Z06 but the viper had a significant tire advantage there as well (Z06's still come w/ runflats). The times I posted earlier where simply some of the faster times recorded at the track. Not on the same day and of course w/ different drivers. And yes the DRIVER is a huge part of the equation (I could have sworn I stated that earlier), and I agree that the ZR1 tested most likely had a pro-driver (it was Johnny O in the other vid driving).

PS: Some of you need to look at the average knowledge level posting in this forum. To assume that someone is a newbie to the performance car world simply because they recently registered on this site is pathetic to say the least. When I start asking questions such (is the wing on the back of the ACR really functional) then bash and say whatever you feel justified to say. Making comments w/o justification, simply shows some of the ignorance of "a select few" of the members here.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love how you guys automatically "assume" that one has little car knowledge because of their post count on "this" forum. Team Lead Engineers could come on this site and post a tad bit of information and the masses here would assume their stupidity because of their post count.

Don't let a bias mindset and wishful thinking cloud your judgement fellas. Some of you need a serious paradigm shift in the way you go about justifying your comments, etc. because you don't know me or what I know and basing the validity or purpose of my post on my post count is juvenile to say the least.

You guys should be picking on the people here with a post count posting non-sense about the new gen ACR not being a big enough improvement or suitable to backing up the ACR heritage. Oh wait, those are the same "loyal" viper members/owners here that own previous gen ACR's and have the same mindset that the majority here has that their car can't possibly not be the baddest anymore. GIve it up guys.

This new ACR will be the baddest "off the show-room floor" viper yet. And 600hp is an amazing amount of horsepower to be getting from the dealer, especially when combined with a well thought-out package. Bottom Line, I was hoping the ACR would be the answer for the ZR1. IT IS NOT. If you can possibly conjure up a way for this ACR to beat the ZR1 that weighs 200+lbs less, has at least 50 more horsepower and combined with better gearing then go ahead and dream all your dear hearts away but it isn't going to happen.

Fortunately, Dodge isn't going to ask that we pay twice as much for the ACR which is exactly what Chevy (coupled with it's ******** Dealer Mark-Ups) is going to ask of its loyal fans.

And about those numbers at VIR. You have people making comments that said car was only .01 faster or slower and this and that. These are the performance "newbs" that obviously don't realize what gaining a couple of FULL SECONDS on the road course consists of. The ZR1 tested probably had a pro-driver and I can only assume slicks. Hell, the mag test had the new viper faster than the current Z06 but the viper had a significant tire advantage there as well (Z06's still come w/ runflats). The times I posted earlier where simply some of the faster times recorded at the track. Not on the same day and of course w/ different drivers. And yes the DRIVER is a huge part of the equation (I could have sworn I stated that earlier).

PS: Some of you need to look at the average knowledge level posting in this forum. To assume that someone is a newbie to the performance car world simply because they recently registered on this site is pathetic to say the least. When I start asking questions such (is the wing on the back of the ACR really functional) then bash and say whatever you feel justified to say. Making comments w/o justification, simply shows some of the ignorance of "a select few" of the members here.

:headbang:

Agreed. The arrogance can get pretty thick here.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A track car is not just horsepower, it's how it gets put down on the track. With a claimed 1.5G on tap, the lap times are going to be way better than a car with 650Hp and 1.1G.

Also somebody mentioned the top speed being only 190mph. That could be a result of the drag created by the additional downforce and the wing element. Do we really see speeds of 190mph on any US tracks?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't let a bias mindset and wishful thinking cloud your judgement fellas. Some of you need a serious paradigm shift in the way you go about justifying your comments, etc. because you don't know me or what I know about performance cars and basing the validity or purpose of my post on my post count is juvenile to say the least.

You guys should be picking on the people here with a high post count posting non-sense about the new gen ACR not being a big enough improvement or suitable to backing up the ACR heritage. Oh wait, those are the same "loyal" viper members/owners here that own previous gen ACR's and have the same mindset that the majority here has, "That their car can't possibly not be the baddest anymore." Give it up guys. If they keep releasing vipers year after year and do NOT make improvements, then people need to be fired for not doing their jobs. Continuous improvement is their job folks. New vipers are NOT going to be released w/o improvements.

This new ACR will be the baddest "off the show-room floor" viper yet. And 600hp is an amazing amount of horsepower to be getting from the dealer, especially when combined with a well thought-out package. Bottom Line, I was hoping the ACR would be the answer for the ZR1. IT IS NOT. If you can possibly conjure up a way for this ACR to beat the ZR1 that weighs 200+lbs less, has at least 50 more horsepower and combines better gearing then go ahead and dream all your dear hearts away but it isn't going to happen. I dreamed of an ACR w/ 675hp, carbon fiber everywhere and weighing in at 3100lbs. They delivered an awesome car, just not what I and others here have dreamed of.

Fortunately, the powers that be aren't going to ask that we pay twice as much for the ACR which is exactly what Chevy (coupled with it's ******** Dealer Mark-Ups) is going to ask of its loyal fans.

And about those numbers at VIR. You have people making comments about said car only being .02 faster or slower and this and that (you do realize that we are talking in minutes here and that this means that there is a 2 second gap). These are the performance "newbs" that obviously don't realize what gaining a couple of FULL SECONDS on the road course consists of. The ZR1 tested probably had a pro-driver and I can only assume slicks. Hell, the mag test had the new viper faster than the current Z06 but the viper had a significant tire advantage there as well (Z06's still come w/ runflats). The times I posted earlier where simply some of the faster times recorded at the track. Not on the same day and of course w/ different drivers. And yes the DRIVER is a huge part of the equation (I could have sworn I stated that earlier), and I agree that the ZR1 tested most likely had a pro-driver (it was Johnny O in the other vid driving).

You are absolutely so full of it!

Nothing said about your earlier post has anything to do with what you know or don't know. You may know a lot, or you may know squat. Many folks here know what they speak of. ... THE POINT IS THAT YOU ARE BEING DISHONEST ABOUT BEING OBJECTIVE. Only having four prior posts is a point about credibility.

You show up here -- only now. Why? And what do you post? Pictures of a Chevy ZR1. You spent more time downloading and then attaching those pics than you did making any useful comments. And then you spew a bunch of random track times. Do you have any idea as to the lap time differences at a Viper Days event, based upon driving skills alone? A pro driver in a Mini Cooper S can beat a noob in a Z06. Times don't mean anything unless the comparison test has controls to equalize such factors. But you claim to know so much.

You obviously are a Vette fan who put a lot of effort to come here (for your first time) and post crap about the ZR1. You have a credibility issue. Period. You only make yourself look silly trying to rationalize it. :smirk:

(And as far as which car eventually ends up being faster on the track, so what. Really. Even if the 2009 ZR1 runs a second quicker than the 2008 ACR, that would be a comparison of too very rare, expensive, and not-practical-for-daily-street-use, purpose-built track cars. Add the Mopar 'race' mods, and the ACR then beats the ZR1. So then a ZR1 adds some other mods and can beat the ACR. An ACR adds a blower package, etc. and it goes on ... None of that changes the fact the that 2008 SRT-10 Viper beats the 2008 Corvette Z06. For the cars that all of us buy for the street, the Viper is faster ... And my money still thinks the ACR make take the ZR1 on the track too, we'll just have to wait and see.)

Last edited:

schackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....

I think a cool down might be in-need for this thread.

Why is ANYONE comparing the ACR to a corvette that is NOT EVEN OUT YET??????

You cant buy the (ZR1) vette, test drive one, or even think about comparing them.

FRANKLY.....NEITHER ONE has even hit the streets. THE RAG MAGS make alot of BS claims.

When owners of both the DODGE ACR and the CORVETTE ZR1 have cars to go out and race on the track and street......THEN and ONLY Then will this issue be resolved to whos the BEST.

Give it a rest guys........ITS A GREAT TIME IN AMERICA TO BE AN SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM $.02

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow....

You cant buy the (ZR1) vette, test drive one, or even think about comparing them.

FRANKLY.....NEITHER ONE has even hit the streets. THE RAG MAGS make alot of BS claims.

When owners of both the DODGE ACR and the CORVETTE ZR1 have cars to go out and race on the track and street......THEN and ONLY Then will this issue be resolved to whos the BEST.

Give it a rest guys........ITS A GREAT TIME IN AMERICA TO BE AN SPORTS CAR ENTHUSIAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM $.02

Agreed also................:headbang:

R

Rockafella

Wow....

JM $.02

I agree completely. And vipermann, you need a hug, a massage, or maybe even a kiss from ol' mommy dearest but whatever it takes; CALM DOWN... Take a chill pill bro.

If you look at my first few post, you would know that they had nothing to do with a chevy. Even in this thread, I simply posted the picture because someone earlier in the thread seemed to act like the ZR1 was a myth and that it wasn't coming out. That information is false (all I was attempting to do was simply correct someone's mindset). My full intention in this thread was only to state with others had already stated, that I wanted the ACR to be an even nastier car than the ZR1. Sad to say, I don't believe it's going to do it.

Wishing for just a lil bit more doesn't mean that someone is here to bash the ACR. It's those that are pretending that it isn't a great improvement over the past ACR's that are talking crazy. The engineering behind this car is superb and I do believe they made the most out of the 08's platform while keeping it below $100,000. Personally, even though I wouldn't be able to afford one at $120,000+; I would rather the ACR had gone all out (came in at around 3150 or so and had 675 or so hp). You know, the type of viper that you could talk about whipping Buggati's, Koeneggsig's, ZR1's etc in many different types of performance...

Anyways, give it a rest guy.

R

Rockafella

Where exactly is this new mythical super Vette?

Is their a dealer that has one I can go look at?

Or does Chevy have a websight I can read about it and see some pictures??

Can someone point me in the direction of this new Viper killing ground pounding uber Vette? LOL
Does Bob Lutz have one in his garage we can see? Is it like sasquatch only seen in grainy out of focus photo's.

I thought not????? It won't be built IF at all until 2009 and that is if they solve the cooling problems they are having at the current HP level they desire...

Dodge doesn't have to worry about this Loch Ness Monster/boogerman Vette until it actually goes into production... And with 10 cylinders and a huge displacement coaxing another 50 to 75 HP out of this motor shouldn't be too much trouble. Dodge hasn't let us down before I don't think they will now. Dodge has had a long time to develop an answer to this new area 51 Vette, the desired HP has not been a very well kept secret.

And again, it was threads like this that I was simply responding too. Nobody's here to bash the viper bro. But being arrogant to the point that you pretend something else isn't out there already and approaching rapidly down the pipeline is assanine.

And I agree with what's in bold from above and that's all that a few of us were trying to say. The desired hp has not been a very well kept secret and I was hoping that the ACR would come out with just a tad more or at least a few less lbs. Maybe in 2009, they'll throw in the extra ponies as I don't see adding in the necessary hp as a difficult challenge or possibly even remove a lil more weight (the ac can even come out as monsters are supposed to breathe fire - at least that's what I remember from kiddie-campus:D)...

All in all, I think the ACR is going to be the better track car because of the added downforce, and the functionality of everything in the car (You don't need no stinking navi when running around a road-course full-tilt). I also have always liked the the idea of Road Course engines staying N/A... I don't car what type of IC they put on the ZR1, it seems like heat soak will eventually become a problem (this is why I'd never consider the latest cobra's as real track cars/contenders - well add that on to the fact that they are pigs)... Anyways, Can't wait for the new ACR to come out and put up some awesome numbers in every performance category possible. Just wished it would have came out and SMASHED the competition (let's face it, both cars will be hitting the streets in 2008 so acting like they will come out years apart is not wise.) Maybe with all of the down-force the ACR will be able to still beat the ZR1, but I had dreams of it coming out and smashing it along w/ everything else...

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Give it a rest? Sure. (To question would be ignorant.) ;)

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the car and the mods. Even love the red and black color scheme. I just wish they would have finished the paint scheme through the rear bumper. I know it would have been some extra painting but I think it would have finished the rear.

Wow that car is low, especially for a factory car. My car with Motons is not that low.

Nonetheless, the car is sick. Cant wait for the raffle.

More news from Motor Trend:

"In its signature two-tone red and black livery, the ACR looks nothing short of menacing, and a red leather accent to the top of the steering wheel adds an extra touch of class. An optional driver's side racing stripe is available on the red or black sprayed car and the package includes a red stripe at the top of the steering wheel to indicate straight ahead. Standard Viper monotone and twin-stripe schemes are also available, including violet, bright blue metallic, and very orange -- with a body-color wing and dual stripes."

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - Auto News - Motor Trend

112_0711_14z_2008_dodge_viper_SRT10_ACR_rear_view.jpg

black08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really?:omg: Did a man in a black suit and sunglasses :cool: show up in your pm box and say look into this light for a minute? :cool: ****!! What ACR?? :dunno: You really don't remember an ACR do you? :confused: Sorry about that, had to be done. This was a MUCH more fun way to announce it. And it WAS on that site in error. But belated props to you for catching it at the time. Let it be known you were the first to know here.

Agreed. This was a MUCH more fun way to announce it!! I think I'll be calling my dealer and see if I can modify my order from black '08 to black ACR '08!!:2tu:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the ACR is going to have the optional power package that the Concept Viper had, allowing the power to be where we were hoping it would be (675). The Concept Viper is damn near exactly the same as the ACR but with the power adders. I think the reason they are making it optional is so that standard Vipers are not overshadowed by the ACR to the point that nobody would want one.

The wing looks rather ridiculous from the rear. In fact, I don't like how the car looks from the back pic above. It looks great from the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456