Official Exhaust Clip Thread!!!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in a past life I did high end car audio systems, "dynamat xtreme" can do amazing things for reducing or eliminating noise

I am missing out!! :( haha That is awesome, drone will have to be eliminated with some branch pipes... about 16" long same diameter as the pipe.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an audiophile myself. I bought my system for my car before I got my car lol. It's a $5,000 system, but 3 years old. Will probably update in the future after I'm done all my other mods. Once you have a system no stock radio is sufficient.

I'm a huge fan of anything alpine for electronics such as Amps, Head Units/Receivers, etc., and Boston Acoustics or JL Audio for Speakers and Subs. :2tu:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya for subs I'm a fan of bostons but I had always ran JLs for competition, I bought my head unit earlier this week and an amp on wednesday....both kenwood which is my personal brand of choice for heads and amps...jl audio also makes great amps as well

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya for subs I'm a fan of bostons but I had always ran JLs for competition, I bought my head unit earlier this week and an amp on wednesday....both kenwood which is my personal brand of choice for heads and amps...jl audio also makes great amps as well

I'll probably stick to Alpine for my Head Unit. I love the design and quality of their units, but their speakers/subs don't perform anywhere close to Boston or JL. I used to have Alpine, my Boston subs/speakers are a WORLD of a difference in comparison to anything Alpine makes that puts out sound. However, I'm very much considering replacing all my Boston speakers/subs and Alpine Amps to JL Audio. I'll have to look into it more when the time comes.

I'll definitely be hitting you up for information too then. :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice audio....but, back to exhaust for a minute...

Anyone have a sound clip of Gen II, no headers, hi-flow cats and muffler delete????

Thanks!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember that, sounds great. Just so I know, yours is an '02 with stock headers, hi-flows, muffler delete and its 2 1/4 diameter....is that correct? If so, then the only difference is you don't have resonators at the ends of your muffler delete.

Cool!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG, that is a great vid...car sounds awesome and love the whine from the Roe! I must say, I really like the yellow powder coated motor with a yellow car...very color coordinated! :D

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds Great Darren... I see you decided to lose the cats... Did you do the non-fouler mod ?

Thank you Charlie. After talking with you at chatterbox it made up my mind. Yes I did the non-fouler mod............worked like a charm. That and you can't beat the sound for what it costs.

2 - 24 inch lengths of 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipe - $22
2 - stainless steel 2 1/2 inch strap clamps - $28
2 - pairs of spark plug non - foulers - $10
For $60 you can't go wrong.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 - 24 inch lengths of 2 1/2 inch exhaust pipe - $22
2 - stainless steel 2 1/2 inch strap clamps - $28
2 - pairs of spark plug non - foulers - $10

Driving a snake that sounds as vicious as it looks... Priceless....:2tu:

Plumcrazy Phil turned me on to this...

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jjp11 - do you still get the decelleration popping when letting off the throttle? I couldn't tell from the vid. I am getting the exact same Belanger setup this summer.

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 with complete Belanger exhaust system (headers, cats, cat back), smooth tubes, K&N air filter, and Vipair air duct. The Belanger exhaust system was installed by McCann Racing last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ix3A-1DTOY

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a 3" system. I was given two muffler choices by JonB when I ordered, one was louder than the other. I chose the louder one.

When I first brought it home after an hour-long trip, I heard the backfire after revving it to around 3000 RPM. After a short ride and when I shot the video, it took around 4200 RPM to hear backfire. The two clapping sounds heard near the end of the video are actually backfire.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Ive been invited to a Supercar show this weekend and there is a Prize for the Loudest car.........

At the moment my 2000 GTS has Factory Headers and Cats, then a Bellanger 3" Cat back system. I have just got some Bellanger headers but have not had time to fit them yet, So!.........as a temporary measure :1up:

Bought a length of cheap steel pipe, cut out the factory cats and bolted straight pipe in place :D OMG ......Oh Boy is it loud now! Just took the car down to the gas station to fill up, I think Ive blown every roof of the houses on the way there :D
I dont think my neibours are going to like me much when I start the car up at 4am Sunday morning :D

F

FrgMstr

So Ive been invited to a Supercar show this weekend and there is a Prize for the Loudest car.........

At the moment my 2000 GTS has Factory Headers and Cats, then a Bellanger 3" Cat back system. I have just got some Bellanger headers but have not had time to fit them yet, So!.........as a temporary measure :1up:

Bought a length of cheap steel pipe, cut out the factory cats and bolted straight pipe in place :D OMG ......Oh Boy is it loud now! Just took the car down to the gas station to fill up, I think Ive blown every roof of the houses on the way there :D
I dont think my neibours are going to like me much when I start the car up at 4am Sunday morning :D

Dude, you are my friggin hero! That is awesome. Clutch in rolling past the Popo!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will post up a video shortly, The prize for the loudest supercar went to a Ferrari Enzo which had been fully de-catted, the driver turned up wearing ear defenders inside the car! Guess who came second..........ME the Enzo had a maxed out DB reading of 129, I maxed out at 128 :( Need to fit the Headers now :D Neibours not impressed :D