Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess it pays to daytrade and have your eyes glued to the news stream
supergrin.gif

----------------------------------------------

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>In developing the new Viper, Dodge engineers sought feedback from key constituencies -- particularly owners -- on what the 2003 version should be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

riiiiiiighhtt... king GTS' recent poll obviously proves this..
rolleyes.gif

- eddie -

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dunno.gif
dunno.gif

Sticker on my '01 was $79,000.

Of course, I did get stripes...and a non-rice, half-way decent, american-designed-with-americans in-mind, ****-kicker instead of a GenIII.

I suppose when you look at it THAT way, an '03 is too much...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2tall:
Of course, I did get stripes...and a non-rice, half-way decent, american-designed-with-americans in-mind, ****-kicker instead of a GenIII. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And slower to boot!

Sorry, had to.

Luxury tax is being phased out, but gas guzzler is not. Gas guzzler will be $3,000 on top of what they have already stated - so $79,999 + $3,000 GG + $800 destination + sales tax.

For me, that's $87,988 out the door.

OUCH!

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit whining, already. Anyone worthy of the secret handshake knows we got everything we "asked for", okay? A little more performance, a true convertible top, a dead pedal, deletion of a street-legal coupe variant from the model range, less-unique styling and a higher price tag.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
87k is alot of money. That means IF a coup is built in about 3 years or so, it will cost over 100k easy. SUPER OUCH!!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron Hickey:
I thought gas guzzler was added in as part of the MSRP? Luxury tax is on the amount of purchase and is additional.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GG tax is assesed to the manufacturer based on the MPG the cars get. It isn't something the consumer pays directly, and it is part of the window sticker. However, the manufacturers list it out as a seperate line item - as if it were an option on the car that cannot be un-ordered. They do this so that they can talk about MSRP and make it sound lower, and also so they can make sure the consumer knows that that money is going to the gov't in the form of another tax.

The lowest you could pay (if you were paying sticker) for the car is $79,999 + GG + destination.

I am disappointed that this car is only a few grand less than the old ACR GTS and more than $7,000 over the previous RT/10.

Considering the car is less expensive to build, I feel like Dodge is really sticking it to me on this one. Yeah, we got alot of new stuff - but we barely got any new stuff from 96-02, so I feel the money they saved all those years could have financed the SRT effort.

Just my .02 though.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

Thanks - I got a laugh out of your post
smile.gif

One of two things will happen... either this car will have AWESOME numbers (1/4 in 11.5@125mph, 60-0 in under 100', 1.15G's, and up to or over 200mph in a line). In that case, I will be ECSTATIC and I will love this car... it will have more bite to back up it's bark than anything else any US company has ever made - including the GTS - and by a lot.

If it has mediocre performance, and runs 12.0 in the rags at 119-120mph, and brakes from 60 in 115-120', and pulls .98G's, I will be disappointed.

Let's go SRT - the call is from performance... will you accept the charges?
supergrin.gif

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I read correctly when it said 60-0 braking &lt; 100ft and that it will pull 1.15g's.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a good question: WHO THE HELL would take delivery of the car in October, November or December?? One to three months delay to save $2000 on the lux tax....It may be tough knowing that the car sits and waits, but 2k on top of the $84,000, and then the property tax when I get home is serious money. Bill P. you think you can find a buyer for me after I take delivery?

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, ouch is right, taking off 6500 for invoice gets me to ~82200 out the door.

That's a boatload of cash for a Dodge, it **** well better be fast or you'll be seeing a classified for a TX 03 very soon.

And as far as lux tax goes, from what I hear on the build schedule (72 red, 100 blk, 100 silver, then alternating sets of 30), since I ordered a silver, I plan on getting mine so late this year, at the earliest, that I'll be picking it up 1/1/03 most likely (if I CAN get it that early), to avoid the 2k of taxes. If not, that brings is to close to 85k, ridiculous price really, I always though the ACR to be silly, now we have a car that's more expensive, yippee, don't I feel honored.

We'd better not whine too much, or they'll lower the price in 04, thereby screwing us all.

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that it matters, but I heard they were doing 30 red, 30 black, 30 silver and then sets of 10 in that order.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Tenney's earlier post. Nothing but a bunch of whiners. Yall act like you're out hagling prices over a minivan or something. This car is a luxury not a neccessity and those taxes apply, for now. **** it up, pay the $80k plus and enjoy. Oh yeah, if anyone wants to pass on their '03 let me know. All in good fun!!!

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J SMITH:
I have to agree with Tenney's earlier post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know, but Tenney's post seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deleted

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Rick Martino on 08-08-2002 at 09:33 PM</font>