Official Update

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This is an official communication from our friends at Dodge regarding the alleged "Leno" SRT-10:

In light of several recent posts regarding the delivery of the first Viper SRT-10s, we'd like to clarify the situation. To date, no customer cars have been shipped. The only SRT-10s currently on the road (which are few) are pre-production vehicles. DaimlerChrysler anticipates that the first customer SRT-10s will begin leaving the plant, in Detroit, sometime
in late December/early January. Also, as a side note, our records indicate that Jay Leno does not have a Viper SRT-10 on order.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Joe, thanks for the extra info, and I confirmed the day the car was wisked out of Valley Dodge,that it had 1600 miles and was a preproduction model, so this rumor should definitely die with your official backing. Appreciate the follow-up.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the kind of information that should make everyone happy. Although the delay continues, at least we now have official news. I believe the recent rumors ("no SRT's until 2004") were getting a little out of hand. Thanks for the update.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer did note that the cars he has on order have changed status recently, so perhaps that is an indication that the cogs are turning again.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The current issue of AutoWeek has an 'official' statement from Dodge that SRT/10s will bve delivered in January due to emission's certification delays.

AutoWeek also has the hilarious DAFFY DUCK SRT/10 logo!

Upside-down, the "fangs" logo is an exact rendition of DAFFY !!!