OH - IO newbie here

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

New to this forum, and looking for more ideas for my Daytona and to meet some new people. I have had my car for awhile (almost 3yrs in spring).

I look forward to getting to know some of ya.

Some pics of my ride: First Ever Carbon Fiber TorRed Daytona!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Anthony!
Welcome to the VCA forum!

You guys should see Anthony's car in person. I swear all he does is rub it with a diaper. :D

He and another guy put on a superb LX event here in Columbus last year, and have opened it up to late-model Mopars for 2009. Killer rides were there last year; I'm sure this year will be the same (and I won't be the only one Viper-powered! LOL).

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Love the CF hood. Where can I get one for ours?

PS: What's a "turbo" Buckeye? A really fast loser?:poke:
Hook `em Horns!!!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hook `em Horns!!!!

Hey come on now, that's hittin below the belt :nono:

Being a Buckeye is stressful at times. Too much stress and the occasionally heartache. It's ok though, I still love em!

OP
OP
T

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rough crowd in here!!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and comments. (well, most of them--GO BUCKEYES!!!;))

Hey Anthony!
Welcome to the VCA forum!

You guys should see Anthony's car in person. I swear all he does is rub it with a diaper. :D

He and another guy put on a superb LX event here in Columbus last year, and have opened it up to late-model Mopars for 2009. Killer rides were there last year; I'm sure this year will be the same (and I won't be the only one Viper-powered! LOL).

Hi Kevan,
Thanks man! I didn't realize you were over here. Nice to see a familiar "face". I'm still busy modifying the Daytona, with a few mods coming up for the spring/summer. As soon as I say I'm done, I find something else to do to it . . .

Yes, we are doing the event again this year and opened it up to ALL SRT vehicles. I want to see some Viper-power in action this time. Its in Salem, OH at Quaker City Raceway for 2009. Should be one heck of a weekend.

Hook `em Horns!!!!

Ouch! We'll see what you're saying when football season rolls around this year. Its all good! :2tu:

I picked up the hood and decklid from a company called CarbonByDesign in California. I have yet to see one for the Viper. :dunno:

Hey come on now, that's hittin below the belt :nono:

Being a Buckeye is stressful at times. Too much stress and the occasionally heartache. It's ok though, I still love em!

Stressful is an understatement. We'll be back on top eventually... hopefully...sometime in the near future. :headbang:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love College football rivalries!!! It's better than the Big 3 rivalry at the drag strip! It's always anyones' season every year. I don't know what you mid-westerners eat but you sure grow big a$$ linemen!

We have a Charger SRT8 as well in the brilliant black - I think a CF hood would look killer on it! Thanks for the info on it!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love College football rivalries!!! It's better than the Big 3 rivalry at the drag strip! It's always anyones' season every year. I don't know what you mid-westerners eat but you sure grow big a$$ linemen!

We have a Charger SRT8 as well in the brilliant black - I think a CF hood would look killer on it! Thanks for the info on it!

I agree! College football is awesome!

I was down in Austin back in 06 for the OSU / Texas game and it was a blast.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome turbobuckeye!! GREAT pics of the car...if you want more info on Daytonas, you could PM RTTTTED~! Nice to have ya along...even with the 'kidders' on here! ;O ~juli

OP
OP
T

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nothing like college football season. LOL...yeah we seem to be well-known for producing some big linemen.

I think the cf hood would look cool on the BB Charger for sure.

I agree! College football is awesome!

I was down in Austin back in 06 for the OSU / Texas game and it was a blast.

I agree, nothing like college football season. :headbang:

Welcome turbobuckeye!! GREAT pics of the car...if you want more info on Daytonas, you could PM RTTTTED~! Nice to have ya along...even with the 'kidders' on here! ;O ~juli

Thank you! I will have to catch up with RTTTTED~

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but I went from a 500hp 440 Duster (with an extra 250 Nitrous shot - just in case) to a half dozen 220hp - 400hp Front Wheel drive Daytonas (and a couple shelby Chargers (FWD) 2200# to a couple Twin Turbo Stealths (300 & 500hp) and finally a Roe supercharged Viper GTS.

I completely skipped past the newer Hemis and Chargers. ;(

I am currently searching for an SRT 8 that will take my Duster as part trade. I've looked at Challengers, Chargers and Jeeps and like them all. I'm even interested in trading for an SRT10 pickup.

No luck so far.

Turbobuckeye - there's no sc under that hood, Twin turbo'd? HP numbers? Wanna trade for a BB Duster, Daytona and Shelby Charger?

I'm flying to florida to visit Macedo Motorsports tomorrow. Blue Abs wires and Larry's going to build me a couple smart cards for my updated Vec. I was hopeing for a 1500rwhp Viper ride while there, but he's not building one right now.

Although a Shelby Charger set a record at Pike's Peak Hill Climb these cars are really a much different class. I do get 40mpg with my 1984 225hp turbo Daytona. A few hours is all it would take to bump the hp to 285. 3rd gear burnouts are cool in the Viper (at 100mph), but the third gear burnouts in a Turbo Dodge at 60mph are way different.

You must be registered for see images

Ted

OP
OP
T

turbobuckeye

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Ted,
No turbo or supercharger under the hood yet. Waiting for a little more R&D and tuning to be done before I pull the trigger on one. When there is a viable option available though I plan to do either a single or twin-turbo. There's plenty on the market right now but not feeling 100% confident right now that anybody has gotten the tuning locked in on the Charger/Challenger/300/Magnums. I'm not interested in being a guinea pig for anybody's product, since these engines are not cheap to replace.

No way I would ever trade the Daytona. (a) Absolutely love the color and (b) already way too much money put into it. ;) Though I do wish I had known a year later they would do an SRT in the exact same color. I would have waited for it and did the exact same Daytona graphics on the outside and made a "sleeper" car.:2tu:

Nice Daytona in the picture. Looks like its in very good condition. :1up:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I took the 84 'tona in good shape and then upgraded most of it to 89 (susp. brakes, aero, electronics, T2 engine, etc.etc.). Then I upgraded the Inifnity stereo with JVC and better speakers, sub box etc. Then, I upgraded the car. Painted it in Dec 08.

Larry Macedo was telling me that AEM used to be the great upgrade for tuning, but now the SCT flash units are tuning way better than the AEMs ever did. Call Larry Macedo (Macedo Motorsports) and ask him about the technology - it's not so new anymore.

First SRT8 Challenger off the assembly line in 08 went to Hennessey for a 700rwhp+ Procharger system. I'd go blower but it's all about you being happy with your car so call Larry and see if he can make you comfortable with the technology - or not.

My Stealth R/T TT has larger Turbos, 3rd inj system, hardpipes, etc. etc. and I recently bought a pair of 16G turbos and SS headers for it along with a better fuelsystem, hot wire and translator to bump the HP up to 650. I seem to be too lazy to get it done though. I look at the Stealth, then get in the Viper and go for a long drive - each time so far, LOL. I've got 22,000mi. on my Viper in the last year and a half.

Ted

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
Did Kevan tell you our initiation rituals? Nah, there isn't any.;)
Come in sit down and enjoy the site!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I went from a 500hp 440 Duster (with an extra 250 Nitrous shot - just in case) to a half dozen 220hp - 400hp Front Wheel drive Daytonas (and a couple shelby Chargers (FWD) 2200# to a couple Twin Turbo Stealths (300 & 500hp) and finally a Roe supercharged Viper GTS.

I completely skipped past the newer Hemis and Chargers. ;(

I am currently searching for an SRT 8 that will take my Duster as part trade. I've looked at Challengers, Chargers and Jeeps and like them all. I'm even interested in trading for an SRT10 pickup.

No luck so far.

Turbobuckeye - there's no sc under that hood, Twin turbo'd? HP numbers? Wanna trade for a BB Duster, Daytona and Shelby Charger?

I'm flying to florida to visit Macedo Motorsports tomorrow. Blue Abs wires and Larry's going to build me a couple smart cards for my updated Vec. I was hopeing for a 1500rwhp Viper ride while there, but he's not building one right now.

Although a Shelby Charger set a record at Pike's Peak Hill Climb these cars are really a much different class. I do get 40mpg with my 1984 225hp turbo Daytona. A few hours is all it would take to bump the hp to 285. 3rd gear burnouts are cool in the Viper (at 100mph), but the third gear burnouts in a Turbo Dodge at 60mph are way different.

Ted

Ted
If you want to ride in a 1500 hp Viper drive up to Charlotte and we'll make sure you get one. Lol!!! I've never seen or heard of a Macedo 1500 RWHP viper.