Ohio VCA puts $750 in Viper Nationals ***. Hey NJ and TX

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$750 towards low et and top mph. Modern Pef will match $500 for any tuner or individual for the same.

How about the NJ and TX VCA matching Ohio's $750 in the *** for state bragging rights. Assuming the TX boys are coming. How about any Lingenfelter cars in this challenge.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone can get some money together and some cars to come to this event I might be able to make the LONG drive since we know none of you will make the trip down here in October. I think it would be great for Paul S. to waive the entry fee and for us that have such a long trip or maybe even just let our entry fee go towards the payout for the unlimited class. Yall get something together and let me know what yall come up with. It is a long trip for us in Texas but I will check the schedule and see..

Let me know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Mark H.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Texans running for Low ET get free car entry to Viper Nationals. Done. Now the $500 per tuner or $300 for an individual is a gamblers bet above and beyond the entry fee as proposed by Modern Performance. HNS and Don Nase.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don, Paul and everyone else:

There is no doubt that Norwalk is one of the best tracks around and I would enjoy running on that track one more time. I know HMS has stated he would like to get a trailer together but John is usually busy and has good intentions but the plans never seem to get put together. If I go, I will make the long trip, put in the $300 in the *** and let it all hang out. I am more interested in seeing who ELSE will be there FOR SURE and not who is talking about going. Like I said last time, I can stay in Texas and race the fastest 1/4 mile vipers around and not drive 2 days to do so. If we can get some different people to show up like Calabelli (sp), Dan Black, some supercharged cars, turbo cars and whatever else comes to mind then we could all have SOME FUN. Keep me posted!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Mark H.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so fast there Don. I had heard you were putting the NOS on the car but have not heard any of the times yet. One would think that if the car goes 10.8 on motor that with some NOS the car should go much quicker. That is usually how it works but not always that EASY. ALL I have to say is that a 10.1 or 10.2 will not cut it at the track in Norwalk. One will have to be much quicker to take the low ET or anything else. If we do make the trip I will take you up on that dinner and I will take the check for the next night. We had a great time two years ago and love the track but HATE the drive.... Keep me posted on who decides on coming and I will keep my schedule open.

Thanks,
Mark H.
9sec.RT

Reaction score
Who is seriously planning on going? I want all of the fast guys in Florida, and all major tuners to go. That would make it a good time. Who is serious about attending?

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think you know how fast my car is... Just because you saw it go 9.91 dont assume that is all the old GEN I has. Let me know the results after you get back from the track.. Trust me, it aint as easy at some of us make it look.
smile.gif
Whats up with yalls guy Calabelli (sp) he sure has been quiet. Oh, sorry, I forgot he only runs on street tires.. Silly me...

Mark H.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe. Yes we are awarding $200 and a special trophy to the fastest car on real street tires. Not drag radials or M/T dots. No R or S compound road race tires. Real off the self street tires, I'll make the final call if needed.

At this point all the extra money for Low ET will be awarded to any time posted during official qualifing or competition. The competition will be a dial format at this point as we don't have enough cars interested or putting up the cash to justify a heads up class. So if you got a stocker you'll have just as much chance for the overall money.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright guys,

I was just wondering who and what sort of turnout might be coming to this event at Norwalk. It is getting real close and I am running out of time to make the car any quicker so will someone please inform me of who is thinking about showing up. I would love to come race with you guys up there but dont want to come all that way just to race my fellow Texas friends.

Thanks,
Mark H.
9sec.RT

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:

Please let us know what your plans are for this event. I would love to come up and race with you guys but I am not driving a complete day for bracket racing. My car is not a bracket racer but a first one to the end wins machine. Please post who you are expecting/anticipating and let me know the format of the racing so I can hurry up and make my decision

Mark

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have your commitment John and Mark we will have a Heads Up Unlimited Class! Nase tells me that he and O'Boyle are coming from the east. So with two TX cars we will have a minimum field of 4.
All entry money from NJ club $750, $500 of the OH money, Modern Perf $500, HMS $500, Nase $300, and $300 from Mark and O'Boyle go to the ***.
Plus additional entries. Will TX VCA match the OH and NJ cash?

Not enough cars for the motor class, but Nase will match race anyone on motor for $500!!!

Bracket race is still on for anyone else. $500 to win, $250 RU and $200 for low et on street tires. $500 for overall low et will be in the heads up class. More cars More CASH. Street Vipers come and race while you watch the Big Dogs

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Paul, lets talk for a second here. Lets say that if all this happends and the *** is lets just say $3K how will that be split up. Will we divide that up between the fastest 3, fastest 1 or how??? Will any of this money be going to the bracket racers, I assume no. I am really trying to make the event but for sure want to know what is going on before I talk the rest of my friends into coming also. It sounds like everything is going like everyone expects it so it should turn out to be a good event.

Thanks,
Mark

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark you know you can count on my commitment. With the NJ two and at least two from TX we'll have a throwdown shootout. Every penny you guys contribute goes to the headup class. All the NJ cash, Modern Perf $500 and $500 from OH. How about some TX VCA cash to support their team? I have actually taken money out of the Bracket *** for headsup. I qualified for the VCA regions vs Team Viper autocross in Detroit the same weekend, so I'll be gettin my cones clipped on Saturday. But I'll be there on Friday and Sunday.

You guys know this is more about the pride than the cash. So 'i'll divide it any way the class agrees. I 'd say we do it on a percentage, since we don't know the total yet. 50% to the winner, 25% RU Semi splits the rest? I assume there will be some serious side bets!

Now where are the forced air boys. Levin, Furman?

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this is sounding more like something I can get into. Where is Doug, Heffner, etc... If I am able to make this trip I sure hope some others will be able also. I will check the schedule and see what I can come up with.

Mark H.