? on rarity of a few models 1:18

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone could lend me some insight into the rarity of a few models that I have in my collection. I constantly watch e-bay, in fact I aquired a couple of these through e-bay, and rarely see these models. I was wondering if perhaps anyone else had these as well.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks,

Nick

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bburagos are all limited editions for the U.S. market only.

The ketchup and mustard RT was built for DC dealers ONLY in 1998.

The white RT's are a bit strange. The cars were also built for DC in 1998, but those cars had the white rims and blue stripes (like 1996).

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, I know that I have seen the white with blue stripes RT/10's before, but I got this one brand new in the box from a local toy's 'R us about 3 years ago and it never had any stripes on it. The only thing that I find strange about the red maisto one is the fact that it does not have raised letters on the side of the hood, the words Viper GTS Coupe are painted on.

Thanks,
Nick

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My red Maitso GTS doesn't have any letterings on the hood.
There are raised letters on all Bburago Vipers. Never seen them on Maistos before.

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dennis, check out the side of the silver/blue GTS in the pic I posted, those letters are raised. InjectTheVenom, if you try some of the rare model companies and e-bay and still cannot find one, let me know and I may be willing to part with it... I will entertain offers.

Nick

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it on the picture. I ment I've never seen one like that before.
Like I said, the letters on my Maisto GTS-R are painted, and my red Maisto GTS doesn't have any lettering. I'm also wondering about the Good-Year tyres on the red GTS. Mine do not have any manufacturer names on the side.

Quite strange about the all white RT... There was also a white RT with blue stripes and the pre 1996 3-spoke rims...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dennis, check out the side of the silver/blue GTS in the pic I posted, those letters are raised. InjectTheVenom, if you try some of the rare model companies and e-bay and still cannot find one, let me know and I may be willing to part with it... I will entertain offers.

Nick

I searched all over Ebay a few moments ago and couldn't find it. Plus, I hate searching all over the net to find that particular model :eek:
I am eager to hear your offer, but I think it would be wiser to send it to me by a PM ;)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all of those models. The white version and the ketchup and mustard version are the rarest. They are limited editions from Bburago and about 1000 of each were made I believe. On eBay they fetch anywhere from $40 - $100 each. Right now they are probably going to go for $40 - $50 each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken