one thing that has me worry about Gen 5

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VOI car had a very flat rear window...only thing that I did not really care for on the design. But, who knows if something from 18 months ago is still going to be the same.

Cheers,
George

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, the GTS is the benchmark to meet or exceed for styling. They can borrow ANYTHING off the GTS as far as I am concerned. :2tu:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't get this backwards? Last time I checked the SRT coupe is the Viper with a trunker (trunk mixed with bumper) leading to huge awkward lines in the back. I hope SRT goes back to the GTS style and has only the glass pop up.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't get this backwards? Last time I checked the SRT coupe is the Viper with a trunker (trunk mixed with bumper) leading to huge awkward lines in the back. I hope SRT goes back to the GTS style and has only the glass pop up.

Yup, I agree.

The SRT is waaayyyy more functional back there, but seriously, WGAF in a Viper!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember, when the design was shown at the VOI, the rear hatch had a design element that ran into the coupe roof. Really looked elegant and powerful. Made the Viper look unique and pretty stunning.

Would not loose any sleep about the look of the rear window and rear design. Though they were perhaps the best looking parts of the car.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i hope they stay with the style of the current Srt coupe . and not go back to that ugly flat wide window the Gts had ..

http://reviewscar.com/images/cars/CRW_1583_RJ.jpg

It all depends what angle you're looking from ? Either way when other drivers see the back window of a Viper that's a good thing,lol.

Doesn't look too terrible here >
You must be registered for see images

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Srt window looks much better than gts but I dont expect the gen5 to look like either.

The rear glass is the gts achieles heel. Dosent flow like the rest of the car but still probally the best overall desighn to emerge in the 90s

OP
OP
C

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok guys no need to flame me so much _-_

It was just a personal reference on which backwindow i like to see on the G5.

im mot saying the gts BW is that ugly -__ i just prefer the SRT 10 coupe -_-

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is what kind of back window are they gonna use for it ??

in other words i hope they stay with the style of the current Srt coupe . and not go back to that ugly flat wide window the Gts had ..

http://reviewscar.com/images/cars/CRW_1583_RJ.jpg
http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dodge-viper-srt-10-coupe-back-view.jpg

I am just worried there are people other than you that believe this. If enough of you are around then the Gen V may actually be a devolution of a styling classic. There's truth to that phrase "respect your elders." The Gen III sure didn't and they paid a price for that from a styling perspective. Porsche understands this quite well and I think Dodge learned their lesson.