Opinions on a trade

Discussion in 'Driven' started by BlknBlu, May 5, 2012.

1. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Viper Owner

My 2nd toy is a 1968 Coronet R/T all matching numbers down to the hose clamps. It was restored in 2000 and has 129,000 miles on it 10,000 since the restore. Looking for Pros and Cons of selling or trading the car for a 2nd Viper instead. I am torn with both, maybe a wiser member can shed light on my decision or someone looking for a great Muscle car is wanting to trade.

[​IMG]

Bruce

2. hou99gts

hou99gts Viper Owner

Keep the Coronet. I have owned 2 Vipers at the same time before, you will find yourself driving the one you like more most often. I enjoy having different vehicles to drive due to the different driving experiences, 2 Vipers will not be exactly the same, but they are similar.

3. PDCjonny

PDCjonny Enthusiast

Couldn't agree more.
    Especially since you have an ACR.
    Everything else is a step backwards.

4. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

Variety is the spice of life -they say. And you have that now. ...........Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? (two Vipers)

5. VENOMAHOLIC

VENOMAHOLIC Viper Owner

Unless you plan on getting a convertible viper to go with your ACR keep the Coronet. I guess I just have a soft spot for classic Mopar muscle. Jmho. Best of luck with that tough decision

6. CEJ

CEJ Viper Owner

If you enjoy the Cornet, keep it. If you look at it and no longer see a cool car, but rather see a car that needs 9 things do to it, sell it.

What engine does it have? 4-speed?

Good luck with your decision.

7. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Viper Owner

It is a 440 Automatic with 3:91 gears. Car has no issues, just possibly interested in an older R/T-10.

Thanks for the opinions
    Bruce

8. 01sapphirebob

01sapphirebob Enthusiast

That would be the way to go. While I agree with the comment about you may just end up driving the Viper you like most I really enjoy the difference between my '01 and '08. While both cars say Viper it's two totally different driving experiences.