Opinions on red interiors

markwms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been away from the Viper community for several years and am contemplating getting back into it with a 2013.

My first choice would be a black with no stripes. I've found a couple that are readily available on dealer lots but they both have the red interior option.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the red interior is over bearing and a tad over the top? Have I missed a fad change?

Anyone know of any black with black interior cars available without a dealer markup?

Thanks

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the red interiors, but only on the GTS model. The SRT only gets red seats, the rest of the interior is black. The GTS gets two-tone door panels, dash parts, and looks more finished. I've owned two C6 Corvettes with red interiors, and that was the primary reason those cars sold so quickly when I got rid of them. Just a rare combo, which set it apart from the others on the market.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about red interiors previously. My last car was a 40th Anniversary 370Z...not a supercar, but great sports car. The red leather/Alcantara interior is what sold me on the car. I only had it for less than 2 years before the Viper, but loved the interior everyday and never got tired of it.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its personal preference...for me I think red looks idea with a white exterior. Then again, guys like VenomV building Stryker cars with that interior works well too.

Ultimately I went with sepia since my last 5 cars had black interior and I'm due for a change.

I'd agree that black on black works better than red int with that paint.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were ordering today, it would be white SRT, track pack, red leather seats and red belts. **** ****!

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I actually changed my order TO red and black (GTS) after I saw how nice it looked in person.
But it is a personal thing and quite a leap from the usual black.
I'd say..before you go that exotic ...try to see it for yourself.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with red so I can be unique just like everyone else. :)

Actually I like it, and the main reason is that most cars have a boring neutral interior color and since the viper is my "fun" car I'd rather have a fun color inside it. I also heard from some honda guys that red seatbelts add 50 HP.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a 94 Vette with red interior. I loved it; but, I took a guy from work for a ride and he said it looked like the inside of a ***** house. I wouldn't know about that; but, I liked it. Not sure I would order the Viper with red interior - that would depend upon the exterior color.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually changed my order TO red and black (GTS) after I saw how nice it looked in person.
But it is a personal thing and quite a leap from the usual black.
I'd say..before you go that exotic ...try to see it for yourself.

I copied VIPERNUT, impressionable, what can I say ;)

Started out with Sepia, which I think would look fantastic. But after reading Maurice's book and seeing how the vision of the interior designers executed so strikingly with the red and black, I had to do it.

And as PeerBlock says, it's my fun car. I decided to not take it too serious, life's short.

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the red looks great with the all black exterior.

I'm hopeful that SRT will step up and offer equivalent matching interiors for all exterior colors. We've seen with the Stryker Red that people will pay seemingly absurd prices to have the car the way they want (which is a good thing). Why not give people the same option with the interior.

If I buy a Blue Gen V, I want a blue interior scheme the same as the red for the GTS model. Same goes for orange, yellow, green, etc. Lamborghini and Ferrari offer it. No reason why SRT shouldn't.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I cant imagine ordering another Viper with the dreary, mundane ordinary black interior. when I get in my Gen IV it is boring as hell to sit in. The first option on my Gen V was the red two-tone interior.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally I cant imagine ordering another Viper with the dreary, mundane ordinary black interior. when I get in my Gen IV it is boring as hell to sit in. The first option on my Gen V was the red two-tone interior.

That's my story as well and I'm sticking to it. I couldn't be happier with the red seats and two tone Black/Red interior but it's a taste thing for sure... Ok, the color is a little obnoxious and it definitely has attitude but I guess I do too so it fits. It's an attention grabber for sure.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the red interior when it's used throughout, but don't care for it if it's just the seats. The seats are too big of a red item that they need something else red to tie it together. That being said I do like the look of my red seat belts with an otherwise black interior. That's just a touch of red and not overwhelming.