Optimism, Pessimism and Trolls

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect Bill, if that is the case (and I'm certain it is) SRT would have done better to forgo investing in 18 speakers, plastic engine covers, hydraulic motor mounts and all the other candya$$ crap, and instead put those funds towards "lobbying" race officials for less restrictions. The racers would ****** them up and the Viper's traditional raw image would have been restored. An image that had no competitor.

As it stands now however, they are going after the "refined" sports car market of which they don't stand much of a chance if any at all.

Just the humble opinion of a 13-year two Viper owner and Venom member.

:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu: , and that sums it up , perfect post.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your assessment is very accurate. I also think many of them are regurgitating what somebody else said, and most of those that do have any knowledge drive like grandma's yet want the worlds fastest magazine car to sit in their garage collecting dust so they can bench race on the internet. Would be interesting to see how many of the Gen V bashers have ever been to a drag strip, track or even recorded a 0-60 to test their skills.

There is a bugatti veyron that runs 9 second 1/4 mile and 260 mph top speed, yet people want to compare 2013 to 1995 and 2000 like its apples to apples and expect srt to make a world ****** funded by ebt. There is more respect for the Viper everywhere else but the viper forum.

Totally Agree!!! I expected this place to both advocate for and defend its own brand and experienced the opposite. FB is another hostile social network I've found when it comes to the gen V but still not as bad as here. The only reason I keep coming back is to find review videos that have been added. you know, the near 100% positive ones posted by non viper people:rolleyes:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the gen V is gonna be the best thing to come out of the American automotive industry since the Ford GT. I'm really excited to see it, hear it, drive it, own it.:cool:

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you are referring to me in this comment but I feel you think I am part of this bunch. I do not internet bench mark but rather use the other people's real time numbers and experience to use for feedback. I did the mistake once of listening to the majority and buying a 997S because it is viewed as one of the best sports car out there. I learned my lesson as I did not care for it and sold it a year after I bought it.
I have been on a few tracks (Sebring and Lemans) and a mile run. I do go out for some Mexico runs out there when available. Not as much as I would like to but I am just not sitting behind my desk arguing numbers. Amazing on how people judges others without knowing them...
I am not a gen V basher. I came to this forum because I was attracted to the new look and the refined interior. I am disappointed with the performance, that is all.
The Viper did dominate back in the early 90s when it came out. I did post the numbers on another thread and even though I've only had a couple of stimulating drives in a Gen III and IV, I respect the car tremendously even if it was not my "cup of tea" at the time.

I think your assessment is very accurate. I also think many of them are regurgitating what somebody else said, and most of those that do have any knowledge drive like grandma's yet want the worlds fastest magazine car to sit in their garage collecting dust so they can bench race on the internet. Would be interesting to see how many of the Gen V bashers have ever been to a drag strip, track or even recorded a 0-60 to test their skills.

There is a bugatti veyron that runs 9 second 1/4 mile and 260 mph top speed, yet people want to compare 2013 to 1995 and 2000 like its apples to apples and expect srt to make a world ****** funded by ebt. There is more respect for the Viper everywhere else but the viper forum.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually was not referring to you when I posted that because I hadn't read that nonsense of a post you made just yet. I was actually talking about guys who claim to have cancelled orders or bash the Gen V for being behind on a Road Course and they've never been near one to know what it means. Also guys who will talk with a lot of bravado and then drive like grandma (street or track).

A different rule applies to people who need all of the nannies to go fast, and don't care that their driving skill has nothing to do with the car going fast. I call that inept driver. The Viper, from it's inception, was not designed with those types of people in mind, hence all of the "I punched it and ended up in a ditch" threads from years past. Even in current form, the Viper is not a drive itself kind of car. They need a skill required sticker for cars that require balls, respect and technique to go fast in. This is one of the last of a dying breed of cars that may actually penalize you for not knowing what you are doing and trying to punch it.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All right, you are back to the circle of trust then :).
I also like the Viper for being a car that will reward the skilled drivers compared to the opposite like a GTR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang